Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion: blocking all aoe knockdowns intentional?

Let's talk about... everything else
Athergic

White Lion: blocking all aoe knockdowns intentional?

Post#1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 am

Hello. I'm just curious with the new white lion changes, if the the aoe knockbacks were considered and chosen to be unusable against the pet, or if that was just a by product or whatever of making the changes.

Does challenge shout not apply anymore either? their are plently of aoe debuffs that are tied to damage, so I'm guessing they are not applying either, which seems a little to good for the lion pet.

Offtopic no need to read below if you don't want.
Guardian pets are mean now, I see them taking down players by themselves which granted are probably solo guys with no heals or whatever, really effective kiters now from what I've seen, probably always have been though.

The biggest issue I have is that when you get a squad of assisting lions on a keep wall, sending death to your healers, and you have to pretty much kill five squishy players with single target to get the guys of your back. when you could before aoe knock down the whole lot. It seems like a function in the game, pets don't get knock backed, they get knocked down. now you have to what I believe is waste vital cc for players on a lion, situational obviously.

Happy to be here, hopefully this is a fun discussion, or at least insightful to the knew changes, I know a few of my guildies and I were talking about how these abilities no longer work, so I know other people are curious as well.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
diedrake

Re: White Lion: blocking all aoe knockdowns intentional?

Post#2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am

I believe the whitelion pets are immune to aoe spash so aoe kd thwy may be as well :/ wish my squigs were the same haha.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:09 am

Probably, all aoe stuff would work on the pet if you would have it targeted before.
But all another pets in the area would remain untouched...
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

diedrake

Post#4 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 am

I believe thats the case tgted pet is effected but i still believe its only the lion pet that has aoe splash immunity, not the squigs, turrets/demons
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

DokB

Post#5 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

It's bugged.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/10831

AoE skills don't effect the WL pet, even when they're the main target (tested with Black Orc aoe knockback and it just blocks everything). Single target runie/zealot stagger still works I believe but could be wrong.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Osred

Post#6 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm

DokB wrote:It's bugged.

AoE skills don't effect the WL pet, even when they're the main target (tested with Black Orc aoe knockback and it just blocks everything). Single target runie/zealot stagger still works I believe but could be wrong.
Not bugged. Its in one of the recent patchnotes that AoE splash damage no longer effects the lion. You now have to focus them down with single target, as a result theyre squishier.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Crazyboss

Post#7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Osred wrote:
DokB wrote:It's bugged.

Not bugged. Its in one of the recent patchnotes that AoE splash damage no longer effects the lion. You now have to focus them down with single target, as a result theyre squishier.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=23732

how this should be:
AOEs can be anchored off them and they will take damage from an AOE if they are the primary target
how this works now:

WLs pet ignores any aoe dmg , even when primary target :lol:

diedrake

Post#8 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:15 pm

Wish my squigs had that change.... :( 1 aoe from bw, squig pet dead haha.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#9 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:50 pm

diedrake wrote:Wish my squigs had that change.... :( 1 aoe from bw, squig pet dead haha.
Overexeggeration...

Ceithin

Post#10 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
diedrake wrote:Wish my squigs had that change.... :( 1 aoe from bw, squig pet dead haha.
Overexeggeration...
you dont play enought your SH to say that