Recent Topics

Ads

What's left to do?

Let's talk about... everything else
IvanGogh

What's left to do?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 am

Going straight to the point, what the original game had that RoR doesn't?
I only discovered this game after it's "End Times", and when I found out each race used to start in a different place, instead of simply starting on Norsca, it blew my mind. That made me wonder what else was present on the original game that isn't in RoR, and if the devs plan to re-add everything. Thanks in advance.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: What's left to do?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 am

IvanGogh wrote:Going straight to the point, what the original game had that RoR doesn't?
I only discovered this game after it's "End Times", and when I found out each race used to start in a different place, instead of simply starting on Norsca, it blew my mind. That made me wonder what else was present on the original game that isn't in RoR, and if the devs plan to re-add everything. Thanks in advance.
Use your book of binding at level 1 to go to your starting area (just like live after the t1 f2p).

We're currently still missing dungeons, fortresses (though they were removed in live as well), and city sieges. We're only on the second set of T4 gear out of 5 (but there won't be as bad of a powercreep from live). Balance is better than Live for the most part.

We're close to our first dungeon/instance (Gunbad) and they changed how ORvR works for a more organic experience.
<Montague><Capulet>

IvanGogh

Post#3 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:48 am

Manatikik wrote:
IvanGogh wrote:Going straight to the point, what the original game had that RoR doesn't?
Use your book of binding at level 1 to go to your starting area (just like live after the t1 f2p).

We're currently still missing dungeons, fortresses (though they were removed in live as well), and city sieges. We're only on the second set of T4 gear out of 5 (but there won't be as bad of a powercreep from live). Balance is better than Live for the most part.

We're close to our first dungeon/instance (Gunbad) and they changed how ORvR works for a more organic experience.
Cool!
is that everything that the original version had that RoR doesnt?

IvanGogh

Post#4 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 am

Manatikik wrote:

Cool!

IvanGogh

Post#5 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:52 am

I was watching some videos and I noticed a skeleton and a skaven player. What are those?

Darosh
Banned

Post#6 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:38 am

What's left to do?
To echo what others said ingame:

Change bearform CD from 30min to, preferably, zero or at most 1min - up the duration by 24hrs.
At best make it stick through combat, mounting and all that, as in... make it a neutral race or a toggle so to speak.

Thank you for your attention.
Best regards,
Darosh

Abbd.: While we are at it:
Add pig mounts, pigform and fancy dresses for axe-midgets.
KKthxbye.

Draugris

Post#7 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 am

IvanGogh wrote:
Manatikik wrote:

Cool!
And we are missing Land of the Dead which was a fairly huge zone that had to be locked for a faction to access it. There was a dungeon there, a World Boss, Treasure chests to find etc.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Manatikik

Post#8 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:44 am

Draugris wrote:
IvanGogh wrote:
Manatikik wrote:

Cool!
And we are missing Land of the Dead which was a fairly huge zone that had to be locked for a faction to access it. There was a dungeon there, a World Boss, Treasure chests to find etc.

True LOTD is the tits
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:44 am

IvanGogh wrote: I found out each race used to start in a different place, instead of simply starting on Norsca, it blew my mind.
That was the case at launch but after second server merge "Endless trial" was introduced and all t1 characters started in Norsca.
Those with paid sub could've travelled, those without were bound to empire t1. Later on unpaid privileges were further reduced (no mail, no trade and so on). Around that time everlasting appeal of Norsca wc-to-wc warfare had begone and it lasts to this very day :)

We're still missing dungeons (they're coming), gear over rr45, some quests (being worked upon), fortresses and city sieges, lotd, collector's itemisation options and OP pocket items... What we have tho is better than live dev care and love. If WaR had the same amount of love and dedication from developers as RoR has then EA would've had much, much harder time driving it to the ground ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

szejoza

Post#10 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am

IvanGogh wrote:I was watching some videos and I noticed a skeleton and a skaven player. What are those?
If it's from RoR then it's stuff from events, skeleton is from halloween and skaven is from the event of the past (no idea if it's still doable)
Spoiler: