Recent Topics

Ads

Cant't win, won't play

Let's talk about... everything else
Hardkoar
Suspended

Re: Cant't win, won't play

Post#41 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:23 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: EDIT: also lol at removing ability to group in SCs. There is pug SC, thats enough. You can always solo roam in oRvR if you really want solo experience.
You can sign up as group and be put in SC's with other ppl who sign up as group, but we both know u'd end up with 5 Sc's per evening and against the same 2 guilds. Let's not beat around the bush here, farming pugs is what most of those so called pros love to do and feel badass about it too. You can meet another premade in oRvR if you really want the 6v6 arena wow experience.

The difference here is simple, pugs are asking to not be farmed by premades and instead to have a healthy competition vs other pugs. Premades instead keep whining about how much it is in their right to farm pugs, see how ''lol'' this is pal?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Any premade that boasts about farming pugs isn't a premade worth taking note of. I don't think it's fair to say that. A lot actually do look for challenge, hence why so many have left.

btw doesn't pug sc already do exactly what you suggest, i.e. you can go mickey mouse mode without the fear of premades.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:28 pm

PUGs can form a group if they want, man. The game is about grouping up and killing other people, can't complain if you want to play solo. I play solo a lot, and I'm either roaming in lakes or playing the pug SC. Got two gold bags in a row the last few days doing solo roam in lakes (praise ye, RNGesus), so it can be fun and profitable. If you don't wanna get farmed by premades, don't put yourself in the position to be farmed by them, simple as that. Or, join a group. If neither of those options appeal to you, don't know what to tell you. The game is it is. Plenty of other games support PUG play, can always play them.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Let's have a laugh shall we? ;)

PREMADESs can go solo if they want, man. The game is about having fun and killing other people, can't complain if you want to make PREMADES. I play PREMADES a lot, and I'm either roaming in lakes or FARMING pugs in SCs. Got two gold bags in a row the last few days ZERGING in the lakes (praise ye, RNGesus), so it can be fun and profitable. You should try , throw your keyboard on the wall and you'll be automatically put in a Warband and even as main assit! Or, join the one solo SC available. If neither of those options appeal to you, don't know what to tell you. The game is it is. Plenty of other games support Arena gameplay, you know, where you'd actually have competition.

Now that we've got the joke out of the way, let me try and put it as simple as I can :

Pugs don't care what premades do, they simply wish they'd be fighting other pugs.
Premades don't want to fight other premades (READ: 90% of them, obviously there are, even if a very small % of players who do seek competition) , they want to farm pugs.
If you can't see where the issue lies here, than there is nothing further to discuss.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#45 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm

You have options open to you. You'd rather complain than do something about it. I guess continue getting farmed until you quit playing.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Darosh
Banned

Post#46 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Axerker wrote:

Correct. Instead you just get people saying how the mentality will never change, but refuse to attempt to help other players. I don't just stay silent in SCs. I use the chat, announce where enemies are, when nodes are going down, etc. Even in pugs. Most of the time people don't listen. Sometimes they do. There are good players playing solo pugs because they don't have any friends online, but still want to PvP. Pugging is no different than just saying in chat "Hey, I'm about to queue, who want's to join?"
[...]
People complain about Guards all the time. All. The. Time. They need to understand that only one person can be guarded at a time. Most people prioritize a healer in PvP, because they're considered the most necessary for survival of the group.
[...]
Offtopic:
Spoiler:
Bold parts + 1# underscored:
Yes. Its both a communcation and mechanical issue ~ most people don't even unterstand that there is a range component to guard, or a LoS component to heals (note: 1# grp heal spam != healing, 2# theres plently of reasons healer might not be able to perform well [e.g.: lack of peeling], aside the obvious). Most pugs play completly brainafk and treat this game like your run off the mill MOBA that pits you against randoms, with randoms - people you'll likely play with again, anyway.
People would have to unterstand that persistence is a thing on this server, a community as it comes about on a server like this needs to be cultivated... now do that with a seemingly mute playerbase that might aswell be replaced with bots.
Its just needs a script to add in the occasional /t and /s(c) ragefits flung about at random, and you'd still be looking at the same picture: PvP happening at the off chance that the few premades that are left queue up to pugfarm and accidently meet another, and the session days of the three major RvR guilds...

2# underscored:
Hence me saying: Once you have played in a group (=! pugwb/pugsc) just once, you'll crave it - regardless of how poor you might perform as a group, its a thousand times better than the pug experience in RvR/SCs and independent of the format (+duo).
Matter of fact, the most common kind of pug; the diehard-tryhard, will just spam the queue button or join the pug WB devoid of any management to get rekt, just to subsequently to complain - and the pug will do so without hesitation, over and over again; without an effort made to seek out players outside the (nigh) automated systems available to them.
You can't help it, for that there is no one looking for help.

OT:

Maybe disable solo queue outside pug scs and add one more to their rotation...
pug SC 1#: entirely solo queue;
pug SC 2#: from two upwards to three or four members;
normal SC: from three upwards to a full group.

Watch how pug SC 2# and the normal SC will almost never - maybe, once a blue moon - pop and facepalm like you never did before.

Abbd.:
Hardkoar wrote:Let's have a laugh shall we? ;)

PREMADESs can go solo if they want, man. The game is about having fun and killing other people, can't complain if you want to make PREMADES. I play PREMADES a lot, and I'm either roaming in lakes or FARMING pugs in SCs. Got two gold bags in a row the last few days ZERGING in the lakes (praise ye, RNGesus), so it can be fun and profitable. You should try , throw your keyboard on the wall and you'll be automatically put in a Warband and even as main assit! Or, join the one solo SC available. If neither of those options appeal to you, don't know what to tell you. The game is it is. Plenty of other games support Arena gameplay, you know, where you'd actually have competition.

Now that we've got the joke out of the way, let me try and put it as simple as I can :

Pugs don't care what premades do, they simply wish they'd be fighting other pugs.
Premades don't want to fight other premades (READ: 90% of them, obviously there are, even if a very small % of players who do seek competition) , they want to farm pugs.
If you can't see where the issue lies here, than there is nothing further to discuss.
TLDR: This is not a zero-effort game. You want to win? Play in a group (+2). You want to (= beg to) get farmed, yet want to occasionally roll over pugs yourself by being carried by the 2-3 solo queuers that only queue solo in their group's offtime? Play pug.
Last edited by Darosh on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#47 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:54 pm

That's precisely the thing, there is a tiny, very minuscule player base that comes to the forum and talks about how important premades are. The rest of the population wouldn't miss them for a millisecond.

Try it out for one week, give the option to Queue separately and Premades, and watch as one of the two gets 2-5 pops a day. We both know exactly which one.

Darosh
Banned

Post#48 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Hardkoar wrote:That's precisely the thing, there is a tiny, very minuscule player base that comes to the forum and talks about how important premades are. The rest of the population wouldn't miss them for a millisecond.

Try it out for one week, give the option to Queue separately and Premades, and watch as one of the two gets 2-5 pops a day. We both know exactly which one.
If you think I spoke in favor of pugging, you might want to read again .

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#49 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:55 pm

I was quoting this part :

Maybe disable solo queue outside pug scs and add one more to their rotation...
pug SC 1#: entirely solo queue;
pug SC 2#: from two upwards to three or four members;
normal SC: from three upwards to a full group.

Watch how pug SC 2# and the normal SC will almost never - maybe, once a blue moon - pop and facepalm like you never did before.
Last edited by Hardkoar on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#50 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Serious double posting happening.