Re: Cant't win, won't play

Post#81 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 pm

I have no idea how this went from afk players to premades and elitism
Alea iacta est

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#82 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:I have no idea how this went from afk players to premades and elitism
Apologies for my part.

OT: afk players should be punished, but people staying in WC when the game is obviously impossible to win? nah. Feeding the enemy probably does your realm more of a disservice in the long run!

Darosh
Banned

Post#83 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:08 pm

Hardkoar wrote: [...]
Logs into the game, hits ''SIGN UP FOR ALL SCENARIOS'', not knowing that only one is for Pugs like him.
Jhonny spends the next 2 hours getting farmed by ''1337 h4k4z0rs'' .
[...]
There is something called agency.

On a sidenote: I can't wait for cities to be reintroduced... I gotta hoard popcorn. All the mutes, deciding to afk it out the moment they spot the names of premade members/organized RvR guilds in the scoreboard or after wiping once, getting banhammered.
My gawd, imagine a pug(-only) city - headless chicken extravaganza; snek simulator.

MedV

Post#84 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm

The only thing I really disagree with people is the "Just join a group and q up!. No. Most good groups dont want any pre40 player with them. Also if you make a premade of pre40s you are still gonna get farmed by the rr80 premade you are facing. People kept telling me just join a group just join a group. No group letting lvl 31 mdps into their premade is gonna win against a different premade.

I say make 1 sc a premade sc and the rest pugs. Have Isha the 6v6 be the one where premades go. Im sure there are more then 4 groups a night qing for scs. Have them just 6v6. Nothing is worse then being in a premade sc. Where the opponents premade is a bunch of rr 80s and yours is a group of 6 who just met the other day and are all around 36.

After playing many scs Ive found 80% of them you can tell whos gonna win before it starts by looking at the names of the players and the classes.

I am a perfect case. I tried taking people advice to make a group, so I did. All pre40. And we lost every sc. Whether it was bec we were against Belladonnas premade, Krimas premade DROW or black toof. We couldnt compete. So the whole "just join a group" only works if an amazing guild lets you pre40 in their 6 man. And how often is that ?

And this convo went from AFK to Premade. Bec Im sure most likely people afk after getting roflstomped.....due to being against an elite premade.
The King.

Eathisword

Post#85 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 pm

My my my... PREMADES !

@OP, no can do. People will quit. I do too sometimes. When you face double premade and you have 2 melee WP and 8 solo mdps sub 40 on your team, there is a limit to what you can achieve.

From a more general perspective though, most premade can be beat by pugs. Or at least given a good fight. The thing is : most players play class that do not matter. Slayer is a premium example. Unless you are very good at it or play in a team designed for you, you will have 0 impact. Wasted space.

DPS classes are the most common, yet to be impactful they need to be played by extraordinaire players in a good group. An average player will have a million times more impact on a healer or a tank.

If you want to inspire you teammates to fight with you and give them hope so they don't afk, become a kickass healer or a great tank. Play a class that can turn the tide and people will follow you in your suicidal attempts !
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

7rere7

Post#86 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 pm

The pug SC was intended ,(at least I thought so) to bring fair separation of balance between pug & premade players.
Its not the new greater gear or playing a weaker class, that is not the issue ,but allowing rank 30's to go against rank 40's which completely contradicts the purpose of the pug SC!

Toadwart

Post#87 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 am

Eathisword wrote: Slayer is a premium example. Unless you are very good at it or play in a team designed for you, you will have 0 impact. Wasted space.
So when are slayers and choppas going to get some kind of balancing to turn this around?

Both classes are universally believed to be the worst in the game with the oddball guy saying, but they function ok in 6v6...the mode that doesnt exist.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#88 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 am

Hardkoar wrote: As stated many many times, the people that come to the forums are but a very small % of the player base, from this we can deduct that only a very small % of said player base is even aware that there is 1 (Read : ONE) rotating Sc used for solo play.

Here what reality looks like : Random jhon comes home from a long day at work, has dinner with his family, sits down to play for a couple of hours. Logs into the game, hits ''SIGN UP FOR ALL SCENARIOS'', not knowing that only one is for Pugs like him.
You did a survey?

In my guild and alliance most people prefer to play together in a group with other people. I see that most people in this game are in a guild, so I assume they also have this attitude (why else they are in a guild?). I claim you are not the 90%, but the 10% (at most).

Separating Solo from groups for all Scenarios would only increase the queue-time. And you can actually beat most premades (premade= group of people queueing together , NOT necessary with a competitive mind set) with PuGs or at least give them a good fight.

Topic: What annoys me most, is when scenarios fills over time. Your team got slaughtered at the beginning and some people already gave up, then 4-5 new people join the scenario, but they don´t regain their fighting spirit. :(
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Toadwart

Post#89 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:25 am

Arbich wrote: Separating Solo from groups for all Scenarios would only increase the queue-time.
It would only increase the queue time for pre-mades.

Solo queue would still be instant queue. That is proof enough of how many people prefer pre-mades.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#90 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 am

Spoiler:
Arbich wrote:
Hardkoar wrote: As stated many many times, the people that come to the forums are but a very small % of the player base, from this we can deduct that only a very small % of said player base is even aware that there is 1 (Read : ONE) rotating Sc used for solo play.

Here what reality looks like : Random jhon comes home from a long day at work, has dinner with his family, sits down to play for a couple of hours. Logs into the game, hits ''SIGN UP FOR ALL SCENARIOS'', not knowing that only one is for Pugs like him.
You did a survey?

In my guild and alliance most people prefer to play together in a group with other people. I see that most people in this game are in a guild, so I assume they also have this attitude (why else they are in a guild?). I claim you are not the 90%, but the 10% (at most).

Separating Solo from groups for all Scenarios would only increase the queue-time. And you can actually beat most premades (premade= group of people queueing together , NOT necessary with a competitive mind set) with PuGs or at least give them a good fight.

Topic: What annoys me most, is when scenarios fills over time. Your team got slaughtered at the beginning and some people already gave up, then 4-5 new people join the scenario, but they don´t regain their fighting spirit. :(
And yet the only one's fearing an increase of Q time are ... drum roll ... the premades.

''But bruh, me and my guild...''

If 90% of the player base are premades than fear not my fellowman , you shall not have any issues with separated Queues, but we both know what the truth is . Hence why we should try to find a solution to please both parties, I am sure your guild and your allies enjoy a nice fight 6v6 rather than farming people at a resspad.
And please , lets kill the myth that some are trying to spread '' Pugs can defeat most premades '' ...
I am pretty sure the entire discussion has nothing to do with those ''lolmades'' , people are talking about the 500 - 0 getting camped by rr70+ players when you are lvl 31-39/fresh 40. Again, all I see is excuses made by those who enjoy free farm.

No competitive player would EVER think this is ok, fun or enjoyable, raiding old content would grant more of an entertainment.