Recent Topics

Ads

Best melee class for soloing

Let's talk about... everything else
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Best melee class for soloing

Post#1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Seems we see PuG vs Premade discussion here a lot, all the way back to the days when Bretin was resident "lol pugs go home" expert.

Big part of these discussions I feel is people trying to solo with suboptimal classes, builds, gear, pots, etc. Classic example is Slayer/Choppa solo queueing/roaming at low RR and gear, then complaining "why does this class suck so hard?" Ranged Dps seem to suffer much less from this affliction, can't even begin to imagine why.

Anger at deaths while soloing then inevitably becomes salt at the people who kill them, whom are inevitably people in a group, or superior soloers.

We are never gonna make everyone abandon the all solo all the time mentality. So to salve them salty wounds, perhaps lets share our builds and ideas for solo roam/queue as melee classes. Seen Volgo share pretty much everything about his build and set up, figure he is not only solo roamer/queuer enjoying success.

And who knows? Perhaps if someone is solo hero for long enough, they make friends and start grouping up? Can always dream, right? :D
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Best melee class for soloing

Post#2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 pm

I'd argue the "suboptimal" there are many good solo slayers.

The Slayer is not the "easiest" to solo but easy and optimal are never the same thing.

So let's break this down into which is the easiest to solo.
Alea iacta est

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:26 pm

White Lions; best gap closer in game 65 feet pounce, 65feet moral root, fetch with pet, able to train pet until it becomes a bloodhungry lvl 99 pokemon that brutalizes enemy that cannot even aoe back at it, and then a massive armor debuff that decreases victims armour in many cases by values greater than what the victims has from their gear - followed by godmode burst.

If you insist on being solo melee dps, which is something that guarantees lot of pain and suffering as you die to ranged dps all the time, do it on a class that has proper mobility.
Mara is good for many encounters and has solid dps output, but just doesn't come near WL mobility nor burst, but if the fight drags on long enough, mara will most likely outdebuff anything and outheal many enemies.
WL/WH have decent burst, sneaking around unseen can be fun, but however still have less burst than WL and far less mobility - also half the armour due to being light armoured whereas rest of mdps have medium armour.
Choppa and Slayer, well, welcome to the Suicide Squad. :D

Scrilian

Post#4 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Without a doubt WL comes out on top of any melee pug farmer, if the actual kill is what you are after that is.
Come to think of it, what if WL/Mara were actually light armor given the vast tools they got and WE/WH medium, you know, being barely mobile and squishy :D
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Marauders ARE half naked. But then again, witch elves wear a thong and bra into battle so maybe they deserve light armor ;)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Fallenkezef

Post#6 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Marauders ARE half naked. But then again, witch elves wear a thong and bra into battle so maybe they deserve light armor ;)
Clearly you fail to understand the ninja/anime rule.

The more clothing a male ninja wears, the more deadly. If you can only see his eyes, just commit seppuku, you are doomed.

Conversely the less clothing a female wears the more deadly she becomes
Alea iacta est

Krima

Post#7 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:White Lions; best gap closer in game 65 feet pounce, 65feet moral root, fetch with pet, able to train pet until it becomes a bloodhungry lvl 99 pokemon that brutalizes enemy that cannot even aoe back at it, and then a massive armor debuff that decreases victims armour in many cases by values greater than what the victims has from their gear - followed by godmode burst. :D
This bothers me alot!! Light armor characters on 1k armor, yet a undefendable skill of medium armors WL/MARA debuff 1,4k. It doesnt make any sense..It forces light armors to have 24/7 armor pots on.
IMO the armor debuff should be balance to something like 600 -700s and do not scale with points in mastery tree.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Manatikik

Post#8 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Krima wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:White Lions; best gap closer in game 65 feet pounce, 65feet moral root, fetch with pet, able to train pet until it becomes a bloodhungry lvl 99 pokemon that brutalizes enemy that cannot even aoe back at it, and then a massive armor debuff that decreases victims armour in many cases by values greater than what the victims has from their gear - followed by godmode burst. :D
This bothers me alot!! Light armor characters on 1k armor, yet a undefendable skill of medium armors WL/MARA debuff 1,4k. It doesnt make any sense..It forces light armors to have 24/7 armor pots on.
IMO the armor debuff should be balance to something like 600 -700s and do not scale with points in mastery tree.
I'm sorry but if you're trying to balance anything at 40 with the baseline of no pots you're doing something wrong... With one hour of actually farming you can have 200 armor pots... Time inventment wise that's 1:200... Not to mention it literally pays for itself with the containers or you can sell a stack and make back the guaranteed gold.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Foomy44

Post#9 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Krima wrote:
If you are planning on being in combat and are lvl 40 you should ALWAYS have 2 pots up (one of them armor), nothing about WL in particular is forcing this on you, you will be at a disadvantage against literally everyone if you don't.

Both sides have access to the same debuff, and both sides have dps classes that rly need a wl/mara around with this debuff so they can shine. Your gonna need to make a much more convincing proposal than "i dont wanna drink pots" if you actually want to convince anyone these abilities deserve a nerf.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Psychocandy

Post#10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Vs all classes WL by a mile, vs melee slayer by a mile