Recent Topics

Ads

Best melee class for soloing

Let's talk about... everything else
diedrake

Re: Best melee class for soloing

Post#11 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Scrilian wrote:Without a doubt WL comes out on top of any melee pug farmer, if the actual kill is what you are after that is.
Come to think of it, what if WL/Mara were actually light armor given the vast tools they got and WE/WH medium, you know, being barely mobile and squishy :D

New class eventually the Beastmaster.... WL capability in light armor aka prob end up doing more damage then the wl. Granted it may take a long while but have seen it in action. Currently a GM/Dev is testing it out
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Melee SW is great, people are still learning that they can melt your face in 2 seconds and parry everything they try to pull off, makes for some hilarious misplays by destro that think they are up against a soft rdps. Seriously though, it can beat most things with relative ease.
Rip Phalanx

Eathisword

Post#13 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Depends what you mean by soloing.

1- If you mean 1v1 gank kind of stuff, then yeah, WL or WE/WH.

2- If you mean trying to beat 4-5-6 people at once, those classes won't cut it imo. They just don't have a deep enough effective health pool. Outside of IB/BG, Rememberme on SM is pretty beast mode. Second and Mkatew do amazing stuff on knights. Then prosupastar like Ade or the likes can maybe pull it off on mdok.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Arteker616

Post#14 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:28 am

the best class for soloing is the one u get most fun . given the right time and foe anything can happen.

Technically the worst class to solo in the lakes is the choppa , but still there is people who enjoy it and roam the lakes.

So far the best mele lass to solo is the white lion , by a long shot .

1: strongest single target burst.
2: best gape closer in form of pounce.
3: anti kiting skills, pull, pounce, m1, pet perma snare....
4: can self heal prety decent.
5: pet. in current ror iteneration wl pets can actualy kill soft targets with ease .
6: kiter , wl can play the kite with pet and pounce to finish off the job prety easy.
7: fairly though compared with standard mdps (while retain his burst)
8: perma disable at point blank range , the dirstiest trick of the book, most wls abuse this to pull a target at point blank,with new mechanics ur target while stays on the air canot cast attack, once he lands u drop him a kd , so u have a total of 6 secs of pure murder adventage and with wl burst more than enough to kill anyone without a party as back up.

people often says mara monstruo has adventage due to being tankier and self heal but it miss a vital point , when u solo at the lakes u want to kill fast and run before u atract more soleors the 6 man or multiple zergs came close. and mara monstro isnt exactly a fast killer at all.

Chuckers

Post#15 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:40 am

lefze wrote:Melee SW is great, people are still learning that they can melt your face in 2 seconds and parry everything they try to pull off, makes for some hilarious misplays by destro that think they are up against a soft rdps. Seriously though, it can beat most things with relative ease.
That's actually cool I'm going to try it some day! :D

Telen
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 am

diedrake wrote: New class eventually the Beastmaster.... WL capability in light armor aka prob end up doing more damage then the wl. Granted it may take a long while but have seen it in action. Currently a GM/Dev is testing it out
Hopefully Elves will get the Gobbo kiting proc as it always seemed like it was to balance order having the best antikiting class.

I wonder what class from lore will be orders version of the marauder?

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:36 am

Avoidance WH build is crazy good at soloing.

Martok

Post#18 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Successful solo play is dependent on more than just class and build. Equally important factors include time, as in the investment thereof, terrain awareness, situational awareness, use of terrain, stealth and surprise, forcing the fight to ground of your choosing, and being somewhere the enemy does not expect you to be. All of this is characterized by the attempt to create an advantage for yourself while denying your opponent whatever it is they most desire when entering a fight.

Engaging a Witch Elf is the most obvious example. When squaring off one v. one all Witch Elf players want every fight to be the same, wherein they get the stealth pop followed by the knock-down followed by burst damage followed by the disarm. Well screw that. When hunting the enemy, which may and often does include a Witch Elf, the key is to get in the first hit tied to a DOT. Often that is enough to win you the fight. Magus and Sorc targets are the same, you need to isolate them and close the gap before they can start their NB three-second five-attack rotations. This isn't possible by riding right down the middle of the boulevard, you must at least attempt to manipulate circumstances which lead the Magus or Sorc to come to you or create a situation where they never see you coming.

It is for those reasons I love roaming in KV and BC, as both are characterized by a plethora of cover and concealment locations. Truly, most zones are, or at least feature a few, if you take the time to look for them. Last night in High Pass I was within spitting distance of a Destruction six-man group sitting at a BO long enough to ID all of them, along with their level and which ones appeared to be AFK, and none of them ever knew I was there. Then I called in the troops and we rolled them. Film at eleven.

Those are the moments I most enjoy when playing this game. One of my favorites was jumping a Witch Elf in KV, and following the battle receiving a tell message from them asking just where the (expletive deleted) I had come from.

As I have previously stated I do not win every fight I get into, nor do I expect to. What I expect is to have fun looking for and engaging in the fight while employing the principles articulated above.

Sure, sometimes a fight is determined by class and build, but why let that be the sole deciding factor. Much more fun to play the hunter/killer, and there is absolutely no reason why the WE/WH/WL crowd should be the only ones who to benefit from that play style.

If interested, track forward to about the 16:55 or the 22:30 or the 31:24 time index mark and watch a few of the featured fights. Aspects of what I discuss above are evidenced.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#19 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Offtopic:
Spoiler:
Telen wrote:
diedrake wrote: New class eventually the Beastmaster.... WL capability in light armor aka prob end up doing more damage then the wl. Granted it may take a long while but have seen it in action. Currently a GM/Dev is testing it out
Hopefully Elves will get the Gobbo kiting proc as it always seemed like it was to balance order having the best antikiting class.

I wonder what class from lore will be orders version of the marauder?
A new order class would have to magic-based, as is, order has only magic-based DPS class; BW. You could add wellplayed SMs to the mix, but I personally prefer to go by archetypes ~

Guess it'll end up being dwarf/(wood)elfish, given the most iconic units of the empire are used already - unless we get to see mounted combat, there is just a million shades of knight...
On topic:
[WH/WE > WL >= Mara] == [tank (IB/BG > else)], imo, based on how likely it is to find matching engagements; tanks have an edge, if not only because they can ditch the (solo)roaming nonsense and pick up a group in an instant.

You shouldn't expect to be Volgo'ing about any time soon, anyway ~

Eathisword

Post#20 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Darosh wrote:Offtopic ...
You shouldn't expect to be Volgo'ing about any time soon, anyway ~
Woot ! I have become a verb. That made me laugh :lol:
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.