Recent Topics

Ads

Best melee class for soloing

Let's talk about... everything else
tionblack

Re: Best melee class for soloing

Post#21 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 pm

The contest winner is obviously WH and WE.Even their closest rivals are still way too weak when it comes to soloing.
From my experience second best is white lion and third best is shadow warrior.But my shadow warrior experience is limited with lvl 33 but still ranged KD,HD,DOTS and kiting ability plus the meelee power of SW is good.

Some may argue WL is better indeed it is very brutal class to solo but in the end stealth gives you the freedom to choose your own battles and the biggest thing in 1v1 aka SUPRISE advantage.

(Also probably IB might be a beast in solo with self heal aswell(heal debuff is brutal against healers with 2 hander i can guess), kobs is fine but lacks the damage if a healer adds or if your against a healer usually you cant do much.

I must also add ridiculously removing CW and RD hit the soloers very hard.*add the Jaws Sountrack here*

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Ads
Arteker616

Post#22 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Telen wrote:
diedrake wrote: New class eventually the Beastmaster.... WL capability in light armor aka prob end up doing more damage then the wl. Granted it may take a long while but have seen it in action. Currently a GM/Dev is testing it out
Hopefully Elves will get the Gobbo kiting proc as it always seemed like it was to balance order having the best antikiting class.

I wonder what class from lore will be orders version of the marauder?
elves probably will get the gobos racials when dark elfs got the armour and cc reduction racials from dorfs 8-)

Telen
Suspended

Post#23 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:36 am

Arteker616 wrote: elves probably will get the gobos racials when dark elfs got the armour and cc reduction racials from dorfs 8-)
Well if order got a debuff monster like the mara then it would make sense.As much as people like to slag off mythic there was alot of method in why one faction had counters in a game that doesnt have proper mirrors, they did design daoc after all. Introducing a mirror would require edging other classes closer to mirrors.

Foomy44

Post#24 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:55 am

Arteker616 wrote: elves probably will get the gobos racials when dark elfs got the armour and cc reduction racials from dorfs 8-)
I've seen gobbo racial brought up in plenty of debates justifying order having pounce and destro not, does make sense IMO. Now that destro is planned to go from 0 to 2 classes with pounce, outnumbering order (Beastmaster and Stabbity SH after the rework) it does seem like order should get something that is currently destro-only in return.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Arteker616

Post#25 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:29 am

Telen wrote:
Well if order got a debuff monster like the mara then it would make sense.As much as people like to slag off mythic there was alot of method in why one faction had counters in a game that doesnt have proper mirrors, they did design daoc after all. Introducing a mirror would require edging other classes closer to mirrors.
if destru got a aoe monster like bw ,,,, we can play that theme quite alot if u want .

Each faction has his special favlours , but considering how order just qq because a racial because they doesnt seem to even use their tools to counter it and more when its based on a proc is quite hillarious.

like the debate about quick scape, how many times people moaned to get it back and how so soon they ditched it when they reliazed without RR 100 and live armour sets that did not worth a dam, specialy with anti kiting tools.

i find quite amusing the eternal qq about run away , and shamans and shs when most time its not a ability wich is used by the big names most times.

in the other hand u have defensive rps wich have way bigger armour 50% CC reduction, better heals and better ap management than shamans and are way harder to take down .....

but dont worry keep the blind faction favlour going up because in the end people will not be happy untill we have a total mirror system because they cannot handle the differences btween classes and need to blame a tactic or ability or whatever is this week theme.

Arteker616

Post#26 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:35 am

Foomy44 wrote:
I've seen gobbo racial brought up in plenty of debates justifying order having pounce and destro not, does make sense IMO. Now that destro is planned to go from 0 to 2 classes with pounce, outnumbering order (Beastmaster and Stabbity SH after the rework) it does seem like order should get something that is currently destro-only in return.
pounce , 2 rkds , better pull, ... and dwarven racials ,,,,,,
the thing is while i agree with you there is quite alot of unique things destro have and order have, these quinda of stuff should be what lead u to choose a faction , each faction should had his unique adventages wich the other doesnt have,

That adds favlour when u choose a faction but i understand in a server with no realm pride and people with zillon of alts on both sides(myself included by the way) it doesnt have the same appeal.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#27 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:38 am

So for soloing what do you all value: defense or burst? Need some of both I assume, which is why BaL+Repel Blashphemy/Riposte WH is good at solo. But at some point youre gonna need to choose defense over damage, or vice versa.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Spierron

Post#28 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Tank is the best for solo.

Ads
rmpl

Post#29 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:02 pm

WL obviously because of the damage, mobility, burst and ft65 snare morale.

Haojin

Post#30 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Telen wrote: Well if order got a debuff monster like the mara then it would make sense.As much as people like to slag off mythic there was alot of method in why one faction had counters in a game that doesnt have proper mirrors, they did design daoc after all. Introducing a mirror would require edging other classes closer to mirrors.
could you enlighten me about the debuffs which causing major imbalance ?

from a pov of 6 man mdps classes -will keep it super simple- :

mara : wounds debuff - armor debuff - inc heal debuff
we : inc heal debuff - initiative debuff - outgoing healdebuff - wounds debuff
choppa : inc heal debuff - outgoing healdebuff (if 2h)

wl : armor debuff - outgoing heal debuff
wh : inc heal debuff - outgoing healdebuff - initiative debuff - stat debuff (exit wounds)
slayer : inc heal debuff - wounds debuff

both realms got same debuffs on different classes. not mentioning about tank/healer debuffs too, you can literally cover everything as a 3/6 man. if you want to talk about SOLO 1v1 BARRACUDAX gamestyle: off tanks, dps healers are kings of it.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn