Recent Topics

Ads

Best melee class for soloing

Let's talk about... everything else
Fallenkezef

Re: Best melee class for soloing

Post#31 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Martok wrote:Successful solo play is dependent on more than just class and build. Equally important factors include time, as in the investment thereof, terrain awareness, situational awareness, use of terrain, stealth and surprise, forcing the fight to ground of your choosing, and being somewhere the enemy does not expect you to be. All of this is characterized by the attempt to create an advantage for yourself while denying your opponent whatever it is they most desire when entering a fight.

Engaging a Witch Elf is the most obvious example. When squaring off one v. one all Witch Elf players want every fight to be the same, wherein they get the stealth pop followed by the knock-down followed by burst damage followed by the disarm. Well screw that. When hunting the enemy, which may and often does include a Witch Elf, the key is to get in the first hit tied to a DOT. Often that is enough to win you the fight. Magus and Sorc targets are the same, you need to isolate them and close the gap before they can start their NB three-second five-attack rotations. This isn't possible by riding right down the middle of the boulevard, you must at least attempt to manipulate circumstances which lead the Magus or Sorc to come to you or create a situation where they never see you coming.

It is for those reasons I love roaming in KV and BC, as both are characterized by a plethora of cover and concealment locations. Truly, most zones are, or at least feature a few, if you take the time to look for them. Last night in High Pass I was within spitting distance of a Destruction six-man group sitting at a BO long enough to ID all of them, along with their level and which ones appeared to be AFK, and none of them ever knew I was there. Then I called in the troops and we rolled them. Film at eleven.

Those are the moments I most enjoy when playing this game. One of my favorites was jumping a Witch Elf in KV, and following the battle receiving a tell message from them asking just where the (expletive deleted) I had come from.

As I have previously stated I do not win every fight I get into, nor do I expect to. What I expect is to have fun looking for and engaging in the fight while employing the principles articulated above.

Sure, sometimes a fight is determined by class and build, but why let that be the sole deciding factor. Much more fun to play the hunter/killer, and there is absolutely no reason why the WE/WH/WL crowd should be the only ones who to benefit from that play style.

If interested, track forward to about the 16:55 or the 22:30 or the 31:24 time index mark and watch a few of the featured fights. Aspects of what I discuss above are evidenced.

Click here to watch on YouTube
True, I find the Slayer's aoe dot is ver effective against WE's
Alea iacta est

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#32 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Eathisword wrote:
Darosh wrote:Offtopic ...
You shouldn't expect to be Volgo'ing about any time soon, anyway ~
Woot ! I have become a verb. That made me laugh :lol:
Credit where it is due.

Fallenkezef

Post#33 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:47 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:So for soloing what do you all value: defense or burst? Need some of both I assume, which is why BaL+Repel Blashphemy/Riposte WH is good at solo. But at some point youre gonna need to choose defense over damage, or vice versa.
For me it's damage first. You do not roll a slayer for defence.

I can understand other classes and I've seen some nice Slayer parry builds but my personal choice is to go for damage.

This is always going to come down yo personal preference
Alea iacta est

Spierron

Post#34 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:39 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:So for soloing what do you all value: defense or burst? Need some of both I assume, which is why BaL+Repel Blashphemy/Riposte WH is good at solo. But at some point youre gonna need to choose defense over damage, or vice versa.
Depend you're class, WH-WE can play full burst for fast kill other need good defense for survive or you run>die>run>die...
Fallenkezef wrote: For me it's damage first. You do not roll a slayer for defence.

I can understand other classes and I've seen some nice Slayer parry builds but my personal choice is to go for damage.

This is always going to come down yo personal preference
What is your name on u Slayer ?

@haojin
Dps Healer is really bad for solo :? but for leech grp-wb is good :lol:

After this game is not good to play solo, so look rather how to be useful in a group, you can always run solo but after get a decent equipment and knowledge all class.

Fallenkezef

Post#35 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 pm

I run with my guild and solo, one does not preclude the other
Alea iacta est

TenTonHammer

Post#36 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:15 am

Fallenkezef wrote:

Actually Parry stacking Slayer/Choppa was legit on live because Riposte return damage scaled with rage even with an icd of 1s it was really nice

For some reason it dosnt work like that here on RoR i have no idea why

Az back in the day said riposte was implemented "differently" here so its no where near as viable

Breidr

Post#37 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 am

Can I resurrect this thread to ask the same question, only broader?

If I was to go solo, what classes would work out the best? Out of all classes, not just melee DPS.

I have a Choppa that I'm leveling with Shaman friend, but I wanted to make a character for when we aren't together. This character would mostly be focused on Scenarios and RvR when I get to it.

Aceboltz

Post#38 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:24 am

Any order class minus BW, WP, and RP. All others all well-rounded ezmode destro pug farmers with a good mix of survavibility and strong offense.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#39 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 am

there's some elf guy that melee solos but I can't remember his name.

Martok

Post#40 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:34 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:there's some elf guy that melee solos but I can't remember his name.
I love you man.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...