Recent Topics

Ads

Gunbad PQ Stages

Let's talk about... everything else
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Gunbad PQ Stages

Post#31 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:58 pm

With experience and training , you’ll be able to get through all wings faster . There is a lot of abilties , time to read bufflines and watch at your placement . Also all bosses have unique mechanics , I hope tester will keep their knowledge to them self :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Egoish

Post#32 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:36 am

So far it seems a lot of the pq bosses use rifts, bad gas and weirdly bugged disables in which you can press your skills but they don't actually fire.

The first pq boss of each wing is quite easy, the second is much more challenging. Need to attempt them a few more times to work out the mechanics.

The one critique i would have is that the challenge seems to be appropriate though the bosses are very hp heavy for the gear level of people and it feels like you only get one go at them per pq run, it doesn't feel like the amount of time it takes to actually kill each boss will change with improved strategy (barring a few regenerating exceptions) so it seems rough to not get a a few shots at them without grinding through the trash again.

Tesq

Post#33 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 am

so far player are not bothering with difficulty just the grind nature of things and instead some ppl talk back about the difficulty being right lol

no one is giving a dam *** about difficulty no one mention the dungeon is unbalanced just too grind between 1 boss and the other:

why tovl had so few grind between 1 boss and another one ? because after all the previously grind in ddungeos between each boss and the fact that since you need to finish 1 part to do another one it may take a while, there was a problem due ppl not aving access to fixed partys as other guilds can.

Spoiler:
so gunband is the worst exemple

-no quest chain so if you needed as in live to finish all wings to unlock final boss (or something like that) you had a problem

lost vale solved that by introducing a quest chain which mean even if 1 day you finish 1 wing you can start the second one after 1 month.

TOVL fixed the problem of the grind itself between bosses simple lowering the number or the ttk to kill npc between bosses. Because appart the fact that you pulled too much mobs there is no way to wipe unless you make everything a boss fight......
so yes ppl are saying it's too grind-y maybe instead turn away to the other side someone might think this is a good feedback instead feel is ego hurt or hurt other ego by say GIT GOOD even if in more sophisticated way (which have nothign to do anyway to what ppl are refering to.....)

Anyway lockout are 8 h, you can do it once or twice x day (god know with which force of will) instead make it grindy increase lockout and make it less grindy. ppl are in fact biasing towards grindy nature of champions between bosses not drop chance, not lockouts, not boss difficulty.

2x2=4 cent...
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#34 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:01 am

@Tesq

Maybe try to put more logic into your post and try to use bullet points to make a point instead of trying to be a bard. I'm not exactly following what you want to say.

kryss

Post#35 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 am

Did the first 2 bosses in the left wing (couldn't kill the third), 2 in the mid and 1 in the right, with a pug with decent people (bis or almost bis gear, no comms). I have to say I didn't like it that much, trash mobs are a lot and time consuming, reminded me of the raids in WoW. Timed PQs, well, you figure the strategy very soon but need 2-3 times to get it executed with pugs, and redo all the trash is a bore. Then you get Ruin as a purple or blue chest :P
Also did the spider in the right wing chest, zero loot. Inf blue rewards are at least cosmetics, I guess?

I hope there are or there will be bigger rewards in the instanced bosses (weapons? accessories? at least something for some mdps who are not after redeye - like Wl or WH), or I'm not sure gunbad will be popular. Yesterday and today, order side, not many people were interested in taking a ride. We'll see I guess

Kalt

Post#36 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 am

From what i can say and my opinion.

Gunbad is a cool addition but tjere is some major flaw.

First the loot. If you have conqueror/domi there is absolutely no point in doing gunbad , because redeye set is worse than this.
Second point the trash hitpoint and the dungeon lenght. Who want to run a 1h30 run per wing (so a 4h30 to do a full run)to win ruin and maybe redeye set ?
I hope there is weapon or jewelry only obtainable through gunbad.

Takesian

Post#37 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 am

Well i was running this dungeon on my tank and healer for 3 days now. Done all wings so far. Every boss was killable with some practice. Done some PQs 2-4 times to create right tactic for party on each boss.
Result: Totaly spend 29 :!: hours. Each person got 1-4 different redeye part.
Personal questions/suggestions: Why there is rock wall after each PQ? What will happen if group members got gloves and boots already, and they need to kill only end wing bosses? Please put some portal...
Grinding is time consuming and not worth it.(Its not Lineage 2 :!: ) Time is most expensive thing in our life. Please cut some HitPoints on PQ trash.
Was frustrating to see ruin set in PQ rewards. And we dint find other shinies ....

Kallah

Post#38 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:39 am

Agree that the loot, for most of us is useless, but it is the 1st step for dungeons. We have tried a few bosses and the worst part is having to repeat a pq if you fail. We had to repeat the 2nd boss left wing because we hadnt enough time once we get the mechanic and that was a pain.

For me is fine having to clear champs between bosses, but just once. I dont see the point to lose 15-30' clearing the 1st step in pqs again if you wipe, dont kill in time or whatever... but i guess that this is impossible with pq's mechanics.

Anyway, good job!! Looking forward to see Bastion Stairs in 2 weeks!!! :P
Kalla SM
Sniped Engi
Kallak RP

Speedyz Sh (resting)

<Mankers>

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Would be curious to see what people's thoughts are on the bosses themselves.

Did anyone else manage to get the Instance bosses down? If so, what did you make of them? =D

Panodil

Post#40 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:28 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Would be curious to see what people's thoughts are on the bosses themselves.

Did anyone else manage to get the Instance bosses down? If so, what did you make of them? =D
Squig Boss was a pain in the ass, wiped 3-4 times before we at least knew what boss did. Took us way to long to kill it, still dont really know mechanic. But we did get it down and it was alot of fun.

Right one was way to easy. just had to kill a staff and some adds then dps boss down.

Didnt have time to try left wing
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage