Recent Topics

Ads

Targeting Pets

Let's talk about... everything else
Delenot

Targeting Pets

Post#1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:44 pm

(Not certain where to ask this)

I recently read a forum post regarding pets and the response was to have your healers heal them when damaged. Understanding that this is a group/wb based game, and coming from my own experience, it can be overly difficult to target a friendly pet that is either in combat or not close to you.

This lead me too two questions:

1: Does group heal effect pets that are in range?

2: Is there a way to target a pet such as you would a player?
Meaning, to target a player for healing you have several options: HealGrid, Squared, any AddOn that gives you a group/wb based window, or to simply using the base ui itself. But I have found nothing that gives you the option of targeting a pet other than finding and clicking on the pet itself. Is there something that aids with this out there?

Ads
Darks63

Re: Targeting Pets

Post#2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:01 pm

1. On live the GH did effect the pet no idea if that is the case on RoR.

2. On the default party UI there is a smaller window next the the pet class that you can click on to target the pet.

Ultimately as a healer don't sweat it if you cant keep the pet up. Its the pet owners responsibility to manage their pets survivability. If they are lazy and run the pet in the non passive stance, don't hit heel too pull the pet off targets after they disengage, or send them on risky fetch/kill missions that's on them.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Klesko

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 am

Darks63 wrote:
Ultimately as a healer don't sweat it if you cant keep the pet up. Its the pet owners responsibility to manage their pets survivability.
I have to disagree with you wholeheartedly on this point, or rather the Devs that run this server do. They made it abundantly clear that it's a healer's job to support a pet class' pet, and not the actual pet owner. (/scratch head)

Here's the relevant quote from a Declined balance suggestion thread
Declining. Since balance is discussed around group play, ask your healers to keep your pet alive.
WL's have very meager means to actually support the survivability of their Lion pets, but don't look for any balance changes coming for that glaring issue, nor for it to be addressed in light of the recent stat reductions to pets or the way that players have been incentivized to focus fire pets with the introduction of splash damage immunity. Logically this would have been taken into consideration with their class balance changes, and adjustments would have been made accordingly, but alas, that's not how things are done in RoR.

Delenot

Post#4 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 am

Well...that was the thread that lead to my questions. Annnd I do play Order (WL) quite a bit. But I have played a Destro SH too, and my same questions apply to both sides. Thank you Darks63, as I rarely group (as a party) I was unaware of the standard ui window. I don't recall seeing any such clickable area in the WB groups windows. Any idea if there is a way to add the pet health to existing AddOns like HealGrid or Squared? Or if there is another AddOn that can do this for WBs? Heres to hoping for answers before this gets locked.

diedrake

Post#5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:08 am

Healing the pet is mainly for the wl. All other pet classes are throw away pets. Sh cant heal the squig and normally either blows it up or eats it and effected by aoe splash for instance. It would tax healers too much to heal a squig or magus pet rather then the players.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Foomy44

Post#6 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 am

Klesko wrote: WL's have very meager means to actually support the survivability of their Lion pets, but don't look for any balance changes coming for that glaring issue, nor for it to be addressed in light of the recent stat reductions to pets or the way that players have been incentivized to focus fire pets with the introduction of splash damage immunity. Logically this would have been taken into consideration with their class balance changes, and adjustments would have been made accordingly, but alas, that's not how things are done in RoR.
Furious Mending's healing got doubled, Stalker got +160 toughness and move speed, and your logic on pets being made immune to AoE's somehow being a nerf is laughable, it was obviously a boost to their survivability. Also heard from one of the devs they've considered trying a personal guard ability for the WL to be able to guard his cat but it's not possible without client control.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

diedrake

Post#7 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:20 am

Yup add wl guarding his pet.... Wow that be real boost in survival. We would see even more of them there are now lol.
If healers cant/ decide not to heal the wl pet its no biggy, wl can summon it again.... On the move btw.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

dansari

Post#8 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 am

diedrake wrote:If healers cant/ decide not to heal the wl pet its no biggy, wl can summon it again.... On the move btw.
After a cooldown. Guess you forgot to mention that part.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
diedrake

Post#9 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 am

What is it 10 sec cd? Mabe as much as 30 sec cd? Fastest class on this server shouldnt have issue with getting to safety. Wls were strong on live i played one, if i played one now... I would prob laugh at how easy the class has gotten.

Anyhoo, again it up to the healer if they want to heal a pet.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Acidic

Post#10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 am

Yup had to laugh at reading WL pet not affected by splash damage was effectively a nerf as they have to be targeted now.
Sounds like another thread of my pet can’t tank a war band. We need more of these threads.