Recent Topics

Ads

Modifying My UI

Let's talk about... everything else
Breidr

Modifying My UI

Post#1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm not expert on addons and generally shy away from using them. I did, however to decide to try and make the UI more "centered" and make is easier for me to play.

As before, I'm lazy and uneducated, so I grabbed YakUI and everything seems to be okay. I just have a few complaints about the new UI:

Everything is a little too small.
The Actionbars are only 11 buttons long.
Health and Endurance bars are the same color

I've seen some other videos on Youtube with UIs I like better, but I'm not sure how to make mine look that way. I mainly want my health and my targets health centered around my character. 3 actionbars [36 hotkeys] and larger text on the UI. Not sure where I want my quest log and Map yet.

Is there a decent jumping off point for what I'm looking for? I'm mainly playing an engineer, so I don't really need everybodyguard and such like the UI came with, so I went ahead and turned them off. This is how far I got last night with about 30 minutes of setting tweaking:

Ads
Telperien

Re: Modifying My UI

Post#2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:38 am

Yea, YakUI can be tricky to work on certain resolutions, most parts of UI are "set in stone" and cant be changed.
To address your issues:
Turn on more skill bars in esc/settings/layout there are options you are looking for.
Somewhere esc/settings/display is scaler to change how big is your UI, maybe that helps.
Where did you get YakUI from? Cause some addons are absolete, dont work anymore or have been replaced with others.

If you are looking for simple but nice looking and fully functioning UI try out VinyUI.

Oh, and dont mix addons. If you planning to get VinyUI make new char, create shareable profile (esc/settings/profiles), addjust your UI, log char you wanna play and switch to created profile (esc/settings/profiles/change)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Breidr

Re: Modifying My UI

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:14 pm

I grabbede YakUI from the forums here. I'll give VinylUI a try, I've seen that on the forums here as well, thanks.