Recent Topics

Ads

Crit Reduction

Let's talk about... everything else
CeeJay89

Crit Reduction

Post#1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 am

I've been trying to find something on the forum to confirm this, but nothing concrete. Do we know if crit reduction is capped at 0%? So if I get Futile Strikes, and have a -12% crit chance...will it be...

Case 1) Enemy has 30% crit chance. With -12% crit chance, will it drop it to 18% chance to be crit?

Case 2) Enemy has 30% crit chance. With -12% crit chance, it's still 30% because it doesn't impact their built in crit.

Basically, does crit reduction only affect initiative based crit or does it affect ALL crit, including their bonuses?

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but I can't find anything concrete with the search function.

Ads
gke96

Re: Crit Reduction

Post#2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am

It does negate enemy bonus crit chance yes, you can have negative chance to be crit
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Specialpatrol

Post#3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:44 pm

gke96 wrote:It does negate enemy bonus crit chance yes, you can have negative chance to be crit
Wasn’t this tested a while back, where someone with a negative chance to be critically hit still got critted by an opponent, who theoretically shouldn’t have been able to do so?

No matter what, then it should be pretty easy to test again.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Yeah Dabbart did the testing IIRC. I will see if I can find the posts, they were from a couple months ago.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#5 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm

I run full crit redux build on my healer and more or less only get critted by full combustion fireclown
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:54 pm

I tested this with mixed ressault.

-6 to be crit vs a SH with 5% crit chance and crit happened.

Another test with -16 to be crit vs WE with 15 crit chance and crit never happened.

My conclusion was that tactic, renown, buff and gear crit and anti crits all works differently.

charlysixb

Post#7 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm

how can i know exactly what - % chance of being crit? xD i got this from getstat... not very good with maths xD

Its -23% chance?
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#8 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:30 pm

charlysixb wrote:how can i know exactly what - % chance of being crit? xD i got this from getstat... not very good with maths xD

Its -23% chance?
it depends on how high you base chance to be critted is

i'd say you have bout 10% to 15% base chance to be critted (based on your initiative) minus the reduction and you end up with around -10% chance to be critted
Last edited by sullemunk on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
Nabaro

Post#9 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:09 am

roadkillrobin wrote:My conclusion was that tactic, renown, buff and gear crit and anti crits all works differently.
what do you think works better? Renown Futile Strikes, or renown Ini, or gear anticrit, or gear ini?
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

lefze
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 am

roadkillrobin wrote:I tested this with mixed ressault.

-6 to be crit vs a SH with 5% crit chance and crit happened.

Another test with -16 to be crit vs WE with 15 crit chance and crit never happened.

My conclusion was that tactic, renown, buff and gear crit and anti crits all works differently.
I assume you did, but just gotta ask, did you take into account the "invisible" 5% basecrit? Actually not 100% it's a thing, but iirc it is.
Rip Phalanx