Recent Topics

Ads

loot rolls for the dead

Let's talk about... everything else
billziegler

loot rolls for the dead

Post#1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Are dead characters deliberately excluded from loot rolls or is this a bug ? I was in a WB today when a cnq medal and a purp sword dropped. I selected need for both, my roll defaulted to greed for the sword as it was a greenskin usuable blade and Im chaos. Then I was killed in action, and while waiting for rez and after clicking back to the camp, the item rolled without giving me a roll. Is this a death penalty, a bug where the dead get a roll but that roll isn't diplayed, or an unintended bug?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: loot rolls for the dead

Post#2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 pm

billziegler wrote:Are dead characters deliberately excluded from loot rolls or is this a bug ? I was in a WB today when a cnq medal and a purp sword dropped. I selected need for both, my roll defaulted to greed for the sword as it was a greenskin usuable blade and Im chaos. Then I was killed in action, and while waiting for rez and after clicking back to the camp, the item rolled without giving me a roll. Is this a death penalty, a bug where the dead get a roll but that roll isn't diplayed, or an unintended bug?
It's not a death penalty, so much as it is "i went afk to collect loot" penalty. But yes, it is intended. Be nice to your healers.

Oh, and need on use is enforced server side. If you can't use something, you're never going to roll need on it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

billziegler

Post#3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Ok! thanks for the quick reply =)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#4 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Oh, and need on use is enforced server side. If you can't use something, you're never going to roll need on it.
Slightly unrelated, but I was doing some t1 lairs a while back and players were definitely able to roll Need on gear they could not use. A shaman got my Magus staff and I saw a White Lion get a Warrior Priest book. In both cases the players handed over the gear but it was certainly a case of both players Needing on the items and they were items only one player could use.

Is this a bug? Or is it intended for these lairs?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:

Slightly unrelated, but I was doing some t1 lairs a while back and players were definitely able to roll Need on gear they could not use. A shaman got my Magus staff and I saw a White Lion get a Warrior Priest book. In both cases the players handed over the gear but it was certainly a case of both players Needing on the items and they were items only one player could use.

Is this a bug? Or is it intended for these lairs?
Sounds like testing is needed. :?:

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:18 pm

I think I might actually have screenshots of the loot rolls cuz I thought they were so odd. Failing that, I have some t1 toons I can try it on.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

billziegler

Post#7 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 pm

I was aware of the default change, that's why I roll need on all, is just quicker in heat of battle. Just mentioning it trying to be specific as possible in describing the situation.

Axerker

Post#8 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:43 pm

I can definitely agree that players can roll Need on gear their class can't use and win the item.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:08 pm

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/7494

Well, if its intended then maybe that may explain why that **** has been open for so long with a major label.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:25 pm

bloodi wrote:https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/7494

Well, if its intended then maybe that may explain why that **** has been open for so long with a major label.
Hey man, there's a lot of tickets out there. :|

granted only 23 of them are flagged major i dunno