Developer

Re: Tier separation

Post#21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm

zumos2 wrote:
Hargrim wrote:
flintboth wrote:T1 + T2 and T3 + T4
Just to try 2 months
It was tested for a year? Didn't work?
I dont recall that was ever tested (not saying I'm for or against it).
It was exactly like that before current merge, so 'it was tested'.

Ads
Collateral

Post#22 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 pm

zumos2 wrote:
Collateral wrote:It would be pointless to merge t1 and t2, simply cuz some t2 maps are just too damn big for riding around on that stupid slow mount. So no thanks. Things are just fine like this, but other stuff need to be looked at.
If I remember correctly you would only get the fast mount on live at lvl 20. Meaning Tier 2 zones should be made with that in mind. I would say only the elf tier 2 zone is on the big side, the other two are pretty fine.
Even if it's not the mounts that people disliked, it was the population. It's just a fact that the current population cannot afford to be divided like it used to be. That's why we saw an increase in population after the merge, clearly it has to mean something.
Last edited by Collateral on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valfaros

Post#23 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 pm

The thing is there are often lower t2/t3 areas open but nobody really cares about them if t4 is open. What we can clearly see is that nobody cares about playing in a empty area so why go back to the system where you can only choose to play in an empty area. The current results of the poll show this behavior aswell. So as others said good job devs most like it that way.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Well this kinda flopped...

lefze
Suspended

Post#25 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Valfaros wrote:The thing is there are often lower t2/t3 areas open but nobody really cares about them if t4 is open. What we can clearly see is that nobody cares about playing in a empty area so why go back to the system where you can only choose to play in an empty area. The current results of the poll show this behavior aswell. So as others said good job devs most like it that way.
This system is far superior to the old one, but only because of the population. The second the tier progression was removed the level mechanic that made the tiers necessary should also have been done away with. It's obsolete, not only because there isn't actually anything tied to the levels except abilities, but because renown/gear is the main progression in the game. At this point all the levels does is degrade the actual benefits of the merge by creating a way larger than necessary powergap between a "lowbie" and a more mature character. The gap from renown+gear is big enough, just the way it is. So even if the poll shows that the new system is superior, it still doesn't mean that the OPs point isn't very much valid.
Rip Phalanx

Zizzelfizz

Post#26 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Have you ever thought about what kind of work in this game is? How much time are the devs and all those working on investing there? If you do not like it, something else is playing. The ongoing demands I find really ridiculous.

Penril

Post#27 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Hargrim wrote:This project is not a democracy and I don't want to take the mantle of mod, but inb4 lock :).
I am a mod!

Locking.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#28 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Can the poll be active with thread locked :P?

Ads