Recent Topics

Ads

I'm haunted by the bad design of an appearance "set"

Let's talk about... everything else
Garrus

I'm haunted by the bad design of an appearance "set"

Post#1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:10 pm

I've been grinding few days ago to hit lvl 25 (now I'm 29 and on verge of 30) and be able to use Sentry and other chosen armor that looks like it. The armor is just as badass as it was in Live (where I tried to get it there too, until I found out the BS cost of subs), however it has 1 humongous killer which seriously makes me hate it at the same time. That purple shine you can see both in preview and in game when you move the camera or set it in specific positions. What is worse that purple shine stays with armor dyes. I saw the preview with chaos black (main) and chainmail (secondary) and the shine is twice worse than without dye. I don't know what idiot designer in Live gave a purple shine to armor but he needs an axe to the face XD. It's a massive Facepalm to probably the coolest chosen armor (the t3+ chosen armor feel like an overkill to me. Too chaosy, lol).

Now the big question is, whether there is a variant of the whole armor without the purple shine (WITH the helmet), whether purple or not. If not, do the devs plan to fix that armor screw up? I love the armor but that shine just kills it for me tbf.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Re: I'm haunted by the bad design of an appearance "set"

Post#2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Fix like this will be possible with patcher / client control.

rmpl

Post#3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Hargrim wrote:Fix like this will be possible with patcher / client control.
I keep hearing about this client control thing, where can I read more about it?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 pm

rmpl wrote:
it simply means:
The ability to be able to modify client and push said modification to all users, the latter being the hard part.

Noiree

Post#5 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Right now, it is not possible to modify the warhammer-related files stored on your PC. Only the ones on the server are created/changed by the devs. To alter your PC ones, the big fat *.myp files have get to accessed via a tool like Mythic had originally developed (patcher/starter window) and rewritten.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Darks63

Post#6 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Natherul wrote:
rmpl wrote:
it simply means:
The ability to be able to modify client and push said modification to all users, the latter being the hard part.
Where are you guys on that anyway? I saw a patch awhile back that said you had cracked CC and then nothing after.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:37 pm

We can modify the client as we want more or less, but the logistics of being able to have a working patcher is slowing us down atm. But it something we are working on.

Ofc I wont ever give you any kind of ETA :D

Garrus

Post#8 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Natherul wrote:We can modify the client as we want more or less, but the logistics of being able to have a working patcher is slowing us down atm. But it something we are working on.

Just by Saiyan that, we can infer the patcher is close to arrival (because you guys cracked that code).
Once you guys release that patcher, will you guys plan on erm fixing that graphical thing on the armor? I know it's not a major thing or many ppl, if any except for me, asked for it; I'm asking because I'm just generally a cosmetic connoisseur ;)

Also, since you guys don't accept any donations in any form, does that mean you guys could copy weapon design from other games without getting a copyright strike? (since you aren't technically breaking any law. :D

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Garrus wrote:
Natherul wrote:We can modify the client as we want more or less, but the logistics of being able to have a working patcher is slowing us down atm. But it something we are working on.

Just by Saiyan that, we can infer the patcher is close to arrival (because you guys cracked that code).
Once you guys release that patcher, will you guys plan on erm fixing that graphical thing on the armor? I know it's not a major thing or many ppl, if any except for me, asked for it; I'm asking because I'm just generally a cosmetic connoisseur ;)

Also, since you guys don't accept any donations in any form, does that mean you guys could copy weapon design from other games without getting a copyright strike? (since you aren't technically breaking any law. :D
Pretty sure stealing assets from other games is breaking some law. We're not interested. There's plenty of talented people out there who could reskin things and create new models. No need to steal. We don't roll like that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Garrus

Post#10 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Garrus wrote:

Also, since you guys don't accept any donations in any form, does that mean you guys could copy weapon design from other games without getting a copyright strike? (since you aren't technically breaking any law.
Pretty sure stealing assets from other games is breaking some law. We're not interested. There's plenty of talented people out there who could reskin things and create new models. No need to steal. We don't roll like that.
Not actual assets. I meant like...the design of weapons, SOME armors trinkets etc. Use the general design to create new weapons by refitting them to fit the world....not sure if I made this more clear. :D