Recent Topics

Ads

Clarity on the RvR Draw Mechanic

Let's talk about... everything else
Shintto
Suspended

Clarity on the RvR Draw Mechanic

Post#1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:52 am

Hello there, I was just wondering if players could get some clarity and confirmation on the RvR draw mechanic ? Gerv's post under the General tab from 15/3/17 : Guide: Merged RvR, scenarios and Keeps, states " A draw timer flip will occour between 3-4 hours once the inner door of a keep has been breached ".

Hargrim's post under the [RvR] title from the Hotfix notes 17/1/18 states " - Draws won't happen if at least one of the doors is damaged and keep is not in 'Safe' or 'Locked' state ".

Is Gerv's note on draw timers now redundant and therefore Hargrim's note applies ? Or is it a combination of Gerv's and Hargrim's notes with the draw (lock) only occurring if the inner door is breached then repaired to 100% within the allocated 3 to 4 hours and also considering that neither Keep Lord has fallen ? This will result in a draw? I realise that the draw timer has been removed from view and for good reason but it would benefit all to understand what constitutes a " draw " and the processes/mechanics involved to result in a " draw " and what determines which faction is awarded the lock. If players could get a reply, in your own time of course, this would save a lot of region chat confusion and create more decisive, strategical action.

Thank you very much for your time and effort and for everything about the new and improved RvR. Great job :)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Clarity on the RvR Draw Mechanic

Post#2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 am

Gerv is not a member of staff so in this case you should listen more to what hargrim is saying.

And draw timer is random within a certain interval BUT if the keep is not safe it will not draw so that it does not end a siege that is in progress and has a chance.

mogt

Post#3 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:00 am

is that means, if a side, attack a door, and then they push out and nobody take bos, for the keep in "safe status" the zone can stay open for eg 12 hours? i think that were a step back, the memries, for 24 hours KV, that is very bad, i hope i missunderstand that with the draw timer.

szejoza

Post#4 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 am

Well, it forces sides to actually do something, doesn't it?
Spoiler:

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 am

Yes, if you can't cap BOs zone won't draw. Sorry!

Snoxx

Post#6 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:17 am

After a failed attack on a keep the dominating side might hold the BOs to prevent the keep door from repairing (and thus, prevent a draw from happening), but this will lead to

a) another attempt to raid the keep

or

b) dominating side gets bored after a while and leaves some BOs.

In both cases, some progress will happen, one way or another. And remember, you can also move to another zone and start a new fight there. If there is a really boring stalemate in one zone, some players of enemy side will follow you to the other zone.

mogt

Post#7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:24 am

the previous mechanic was better, if the draw timer ount, i hope they can implemented back, that was better

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:28 am

mogt wrote:the previous mechanic was better, if the draw timer ount, i hope they can implemented back, that was better
Because? Easier leeching?

Ads
szejoza

Post#9 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:47 am

Well, yes. You could type .rvr and jump to the zone which was supposed to lock, kill few guys and go back to whatever yo were doing before just to accumulate more contribution xd Full conq set in 2 weeks ggwpez
Spoiler:

rmpl

Post#10 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 am

szejoza wrote:Well, yes. You could type .rvr and jump to the zone which was supposed to lock, kill few guys and go back to whatever yo were doing before just to accumulate more contribution xd Full conq set in 2 weeks ggwpez
You can still do that, it has only been made a little bit less convenient.