Recent Topics

Ads

Diminishing Rations

Let's talk about... everything else
Britainnicus

Diminishing Rations

Post#1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:39 pm

Right now in Praag, Order has a minimum of 40% AAO yet we also have the Diminishing Rations debuff. How is that possible? Also, can you confirm that AAO is working accurately as the past week it does not seem to match the reality of the populations (both sides).

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Diminishing Rations

Post#2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:44 pm

If you're relying on the zone pop add-on for population count it's not always accurate.

Diminished rations were implemented last year as a way to punish a faction for sitting in their keep, refusing to cap BOs and instead waiting for an easy outer door funnel. Back then the attacking team couldn't use postern doors and a successful keep defense meant a roll on a defense bag which was the only way to get the BiS (at the time) genesis items. DR meant if you sat in your keep for two, even three hours (which happened way too often and was really stagnant and just awful to be stuck in KV for days at a time) you'd be at a disadvantage so the attackers might finally be able to progress the campaign. I'm not sure if the mechanic is still as necessary, but to negate it you should need only leave your keep and go tap BOS.

Britainnicus

Post#3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:09 pm

This was during a keep defense so leaving really isn't an option. I guess I fail to see the logic of further punishing the undrrpopulated realm for trying to defend.

Tesq

Post#4 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 am

Maybe because you didnt' have aao, sometimes the buff icons in the buff handlers bug out if you use staple war ui, try to /rel often. If that not the case duno

Moosie

Post#5 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:53 am

Something to consider....

Each time a person in the WC takes the warp-portal to a BO somewhere, it uses up rations...

I think it's a poor choice to exist... but it does.

wwright72

Post#6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:30 am

I've encountered this multiple times where were defending with 40%+ aao. It makes it quite a bit harder to fight larger enemy numbers with -2k max HP.

I dunno why this happens, we always assumed it was a bug. More info on this would be nice.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Melekith

Post#7 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:26 am

I would suggest to give the faction with aao a buff at the BOs, so its more attractive to defend the BOs. If its too much, I suggest to limit the buff to 12 players.

Nobody wants to defend a BO again when you are zerged by a warband, so the people sit in the keep and wait.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:27 am

Well, cap a screenie where you have BOs capped on map and diminishing rations applied, we can go from there.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#9 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:50 pm

Perhaps at +/-100% or so aao DR could be negated or removed

ragafury

Post#10 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:21 am

Is there a warning actually?
Something like: your realm will suffer DR soon?
--- inactive ---
---guildless---