Recent Topics

Ads

Why punish people leveling together/grouping

Let's talk about... everything else
phatzas

Why punish people leveling together/grouping

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Was in a group with two other people, so three man party. Levels 35/31/31 as choppa/chosen/zeal. We tried running PQs at, above, and below our level, all of which gave same exact xp per kill. With fully rested XP I was getting 722 per kill while in this 3 man. I disbanded to test it and a solo kill (on the same mobs) was giving me over 5k per kill. (5.3k iirc). Why are we being punished for grinding out xp/PQs while in a group?

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Why punish people leveling together/grouping

Post#2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Cause reasons. You can kill those mobs far faster as 3 than solo. So it’s still worth it(except for the Zealot, he can solo kill and self heal just as many mobs as the chosen/choppa). So just mob faster.

As for why? The devs and GMs hate Power Leveling. Agreement or disagreement is irrelevant. Mindlessly farming mobs in a group is specifically not going to lvl you up anywhere near as fast. This includes removing XP gain from mobs well outside your level, and to gains from someone much higher lvl being in the group. Which is what I think the issue is, having a grp member 4lvls higher lessening the overall XP gain.

Why you can still get decent XP farming Solo, I dunno. Maybe they haven’t gotten around to it yet. Don’t remind them.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Fey

Post#3 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 pm

I'll say it a thousand times. Leveling in RoR is baby-town frolicks. You have no idea what a real grind is. With that said that there is no reason to incentive solo play in pve. If xp takes a hit when you're grouping up it shouldn't drop below %50 of your solo xp for a particular npc.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

phatzas

Post#4 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:27 pm

I know what a "grind" is. If I wanted to grind I would go play an Asian MMO or BDO, but I don't, so I won't. And in reality no it is not faster in a group with large pulls because it still takes longer the aoe them all down than even a solo choppa chain pulling with KD and channel self heal.This is also not a cry for PLing. Forming a group of peers who are close to your level range (and guy 4 lvl difference in mid 30s should never be a reason to nerf xp, thats just plain stupidity, 5-6+ lvls, sure.) Hell even if the xp was 1/3 of a solo kill per mob would make sense but it is not, not even close. Does RoR just not want anyone to make alts for t4? I am sure I am not the only player who does not enjoy the lower tiers as much as t4, so why should I be punished for leveling a character in PvE by putting together of like minded and close leveled players to do so? They keep preeching that they do not ignore PvE and encourage it, well if I cannot progress from chasing zones and PQs as a form of leveling that whats the point? Sit in ques for SCs for hours or go get wrecked by the 40/40+ wbs to try and level? Not asking to go sit at squigs while a 40 PLs me in 6 hours would just like to know why they make PQ leveling in groups almost impossible.

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:09 am

phatzas wrote:so why should I be punished for leveling a character in PvE by putting together of like minded and close leveled players to do so?
because some smart *** exploited PvE as PL. blame them.
they are primary reason of xp restriction.

i think it's necessary evil.
like disable of cross realm chat.

small portion of players exploit something to harm healthy environment.
now entire population suffers from their behavior.
seems unfair but that's life. if that's the price for better server i'm willing to pay.
and I blame trolls, shittalkers and exploiters, not devs.

if you felt xp penalty was too severe, gather more info and report it with suggestion, nicely.
xp distribution is not an easy thing i guess. heavy math.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Draugris

Post#6 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 am

Idk, for me one of the reasons i play mmo´s is to play with friends, so making it more rewarding to play solo vs a group seems to go a bit against what an mmo means to me. But it is what it is and it´s like beating on a dead horse . The good part is that this is not BDO and leveling is not taking too long, so yes it sucks to be punished in a group but you don´t have to suffer for long.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

merkin

Post#7 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:06 pm

It's a pvp game.. the idea is to get players into the (t4) lakes and scenarios asap ? why the grind? why hold these new players back?''

i think bolster sucks :) leveling sucks, it's a BIAtch to try and convince players from live to stick with the game when they see the grind.. needs a rework? **** if i know, still gonna be playing tomorrow

drunken rant .. can't finish :) keep doing what yall doing

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm

I think the biggest problem is that some classes don't fit for all playstyles and that might not be super obvius to a new player so they might spend ton of playtime leveling a character that doesn't fit what they wanna do endgame. Then they have to lvl another toon and with the risk of the same issue again it might disscourage people to even play at all.

Something that always brought me back to WAR pvp was that i could just roll a toon and be decently geared 40 in 2-3 days.

Also once your out of t1 you're up against people with tons of more mastery points and builds avilible and the only way to get them and get competative is to lvl up asap.
A toon with moast of their abilties and mastery points is more competative then a toon that have lvl apropiate gear that lacks tactic slots, core abilties and mastery points to get crucial mastery stuffs.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ads
hrypas

Post#9 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:53 pm

I lately leveled my 16 lvl sw in semi-assault spec almost solo only on rvr\sc. Before 40 lvl i had 50 rr, 4 pieces of conq, 3 genesia parts. Ans was lots of fun. Fighting better geared players its nice challenge. If you dont like to lvleling in pvp in pvp game, you can get butchering trade skill and farm armor or absorb frags, make pots and sell on ah, meamwhile do sc to get rr.
hrypas- kotb
hrypa-bg
grzybica- shaman
holiv-zealot
olivh-am
olliviah-sm
holivia-sw
zyg- magnus
malpa- sh

phatzas

Post#10 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 am

Spoiler:
It is not that I do not enjoy the PvP of a PvP game. In fact that was the entire reason I played WAR up until the very moment it closed. But on live you did not go into a t2/t3 lake with 2 tactics and 3 mastery points and fight people with 4 tacts and full mastery builds. Yes some of the lakes and sc's, t2 specifically were dead as f*ck on live but hey guess what? Make a group, sit at rats, a day later u were either enjoying t3 or joining the t4 WB.
I am also aware to some extent there were people exploiting xp gains and PLing on RoR. I am not saying I support that. Sure make it so the group only gets xp if everyone is within 5 levels of each other AND the mobs are within 5 levels of all the players. Do not punish people for wanting to join their friends/guilds/or simply enjoy their t4 game play rather than forcing their hand with having to grind out lower level ranks against the rr40-70+s in the lakes or the scs that at times que so slow you fall asleep. Something is broken so you break it more? That is not a solution. There is (for the most part) a great and interactive community here, use them. I greatly appreciate this project and have brought over several friends to play. I would just like to see structured progression on a better xp system. Some people enjoy the slow pace pure pvp experience and WAR is the perfect place for that.
Others, myself included, would rather hit 40, get in my ruin/BL and join group with my guild and alliance and progress at max level. I will continue to take interest in the project but most likely will not play much if the current leveling system remains in place. You want to see more tank in t4? Want to see more healers in t4? Need more of those sorcs in t4? Okay well maybe next month or the month after that you can have more support once the new alts finally hit 40.
Sure do not allow for a straight skip of t2-3 and leave them a barren waste land. Perhaps keep the focus on leveling in PvP? Increase the xp gains from SC's? For both wins and loses? Allow lower levels to receive increased XP rewards from objective ticks, zone locks, player kills? Increase the difficulty of being a low level then why not increase the reward to allow them to not be stuck there? Maybe look at the values of RR gains inside of SCs and RvR lakes of characters lvl 39 and lower and try and mirror XP gains to progress roughly at the same %? Allowing for a close to 40/40 ding at the same time which could then be worked out to be obtained at a more reasonable pace?
These are just some ideas and would love to hear other possible ideas from the rest of you. I do not seem to be alone. Lets give the Devs not just our concern but also our support and theorys. There will still remain the option of using the 75% XP reduction scrolls for those who want to slow down the pace of which they level if they truly want to reap the lower levels for every little bit its worth to them.
No one needs to read a block of text. Use paragraphs in between every couple lines you type. Do it arbitrarily if you don't know how paragraphs work.
Last edited by phatzas on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.