Recent Topics

Ads

Pet changes on taking damage

Let's talk about... everything else
Valfaros

Re: Pet changes on taking damage

Post#11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:40 am

Klesko wrote:
Anshard wrote:I'm not certain I can figure out why this change was necessary. The change affects primarily ORVR and group fighting... which is most of WAR, unless you are a WE or WH. It punishes WLs for being part of a group, while not affecting the balance of the class. Or better said, it just makes one aspect of WL a chore (Keeping your lion alive while in a warband) while not affecting the class in a game play balancing manner.

So why make this change? And yes, I don't find 'because aoe immunity made them too powerful' or 'pets hitting me in keeps' an answer. For example, how does aoe immunity make a pet too powerful? Do players usually spam aoe on top of a keep to stop lions? Maybe in the keep? I doubt it. Sounds more like 'I wish the lion was constantly on cooldown, then I wouldn't have to deal with it' style of logic. This would make the WL a MARA, just weaker.

I've opened up a balance proposal for WL pet survivability. Currently, the pet HoT doesn't even cover a single dot from a single enemy player -- The pet heal is in a pathetic state. The Calming Presence tactic is so atrocious it can't even be considered garbage tier. There's not much for WL's to support their own pets outside of a bit of sustain they can get if they're railroaded into a very specific spec(tactic), which in and of itself does relatively nothing against any sort of focus fire by a player or two.

Hopefully Nature's Bond & Calming Presence will be addressed at the very least once the proposal hits the discussion floor.
You guys have to be kidding both of you. Why it was nessesary that WL pet is effected by AoE CC's? Well I don't know how about a healer that sees a pet running (pull) onto him wishing to cc him with AoE kb. Then I might wanna slow it with the aoe snare but oh wait it's immune to it stuff? Then I might want the pet to get affected from several aoe stat debuffs I mean since it can dish out more than 1k/s I might want to debuff it right?
Furthermore be happy to have a petheal so you can atleast counter some dmg. As a squig if your pet is at 10% it stays at 10% if not a healer happens to use group heal at some point in the fight. Then the sqiug pet not only doesn't ignore 80-90% of the damage it also has a reduced stat pool/hp pool.
Even worse the squig pet is needed for several abbilitys (like wl) but it also is your stance. SOO if you happen to play meele and need the armor buff and someone decides to hit it well then you not only lose several abilitys you also lose the armor buff for 30s and afterwards requires you to stand still for 2s and hardcast that bad boy.
My god single target dps classes are **** for orvr WL is not an exception. Even if WL pet is unkillable this thing is bs for zerg fights so we should either balance them for small scale (6v6, 12v12) or the devs revamp 1 tree into a good aoe tree. There is no reason pet has to be invulnerable to everything.

Ads
Arteker616

Post#12 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:05 am

Valfaros wrote:
Klesko wrote:
Anshard wrote:I'm not certain I can figure out why this change was necessary. The change affects primarily ORVR and group fighting... which is most of WAR, unless you are a WE or WH. It punishes WLs for being part of a group, while not affecting the balance of the class. Or better said, it just makes one aspect of WL a chore (Keeping your lion alive while in a warband) while not affecting the class in a game play balancing manner.

So why make this change? And yes, I don't find 'because aoe immunity made them too powerful' or 'pets hitting me in keeps' an answer. For example, how does aoe immunity make a pet too powerful? Do players usually spam aoe on top of a keep to stop lions? Maybe in the keep? I doubt it. Sounds more like 'I wish the lion was constantly on cooldown, then I wouldn't have to deal with it' style of logic. This would make the WL a MARA, just weaker.

I've opened up a balance proposal for WL pet survivability. Currently, the pet HoT doesn't even cover a single dot from a single enemy player -- The pet heal is in a pathetic state. The Calming Presence tactic is so atrocious it can't even be considered garbage tier. There's not much for WL's to support their own pets outside of a bit of sustain they can get if they're railroaded into a very specific spec(tactic), which in and of itself does relatively nothing against any sort of focus fire by a player or two.

Hopefully Nature's Bond & Calming Presence will be addressed at the very least once the proposal hits the discussion floor.
You guys have to be kidding both of you. Why it was nessesary that WL pet is effected by AoE CC's? Well I don't know how about a healer that sees a pet running (pull) onto him wishing to cc him with AoE kb. Then I might wanna slow it with the aoe snare but oh wait it's immune to it stuff? Then I might want the pet to get affected from several aoe stat debuffs I mean since it can dish out more than 1k/s I might want to debuff it right?
Furthermore be happy to have a petheal so you can atleast counter some dmg. As a squig if your pet is at 10% it stays at 10% if not a healer happens to use group heal at some point in the fight. Then the sqiug pet not only doesn't ignore 80-90% of the damage it also has a reduced stat pool/hp pool.
Even worse the squig pet is needed for several abbilitys (like wl) but it also is your stance. SOO if you happen to play meele and need the armor buff and someone decides to hit it well then you not only lose several abilitys you also lose the armor buff for 30s and afterwards requires you to stand still for 2s and hardcast that bad boy.
My god single target dps classes are **** for orvr WL is not an exception. Even if WL pet is unkillable this thing is bs for zerg fights so we should either balance them for small scale (6v6, 12v12) or the devs revamp 1 tree into a good aoe tree. There is no reason pet has to be invulnerable to everything.
no counting u can summon it on the move without cd .

Anshard

Post#13 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:20 am

Valfaros wrote:
Klesko wrote:

I think this captures my point precisely. The change feels like it only satisfies a simple 'I'm scissors, paper is fine, nerf rock' reaction. Why would you use an aoe CC at a lion charging you? Even if that made sense, complaining about a lion's pull while the Mara next to you does it to a RP without the pet's vulnerability only illustrates you are focusing on your own negative experience, not from a balance perspective.

I could go on (the squig comparison is simple false equivalency. Yes, it is a pet that moves... but the comparison ends there. Squigs are rdps and have rdps pets AND mdps pets) but I'd rather just focus on someone explaining a reason this change makes sense from a balance stand point not rooted in salty experiences.

gandresch

Post#14 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:25 am

Plus the damage of the WL pet got nerfed a lot when it has a specific distance to the WL. It seems stalker tactic doesnt give the pet more speed (am i right?) anymore. The pet got a lot of nerfs before already.

ToXoS

Post#15 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Just be happy that your entire class mechanic is not canceled by one dot.

Akalukz

Post#16 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:20 pm

The CC immunity was OP, but I think the damage reduction should have stayed. I am fairly new to the WL so can't speak to much, but sure does seem to die easily.
-= Agony =-

Acidic

Post#17 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Torquemadra wrote:You are wrong
Sounds about right for WL cries along the lines of why can’t I kill a party solo while my WL tankes the rest of the warband

Scrilian

Post#18 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:34 pm

In regards to all changes - I find it a bit bizarre to take 300~ hits from ranged squigs through wall and floors with a build-in frenzy, while the same thing is considered too much for a specced WL, so even a range-check was put in place.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Valfaros

Post#19 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Scrilian wrote:In regards to all changes - I find it a bit bizarre to take 300~ hits from ranged squigs through wall and floors with a build-in frenzy, while the same thing is considered too much for a specced WL, so even a range-check was put in place.
Well dmg through walls and floors is something that in most cases does not work however sometimes if you were able to see the enemy and send the squig to attack he follows the enemy. From experience he mostly only finishes a cast before not attacking anymore but sometimes he keeps going no idea why.
Then build in frenzy well it's on a 3 minute cd and only buffs the autoattacks so...I don't know but most squigs would probabbly prefer the 50% crit chance buff and the 25% dmg buff on it's 30s cd.
And then lastly the range-check was done because instead of 300 dmg the wl pet is able to hit you 1-2k dmg/s depending on your defences. Not to even mention how squishy a squig pet is compared to a wl pet but hey

Scrilian

Post#20 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Yeah.... ones a ranged class, ones a MDPS and ignoring that, while there are some issues with height they respect LOS and attacks will only "go through walls" if they started that one channel attack while you were in LOS.
Ones a ranged and ones MDPS, can you elaborate, please, since I have rough time wrapping my head around this?
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)