Recent Topics

Ads

RVR loot pre-forty

Let's talk about... everything else
Renork

Re: RVR loot pre-forty

Post#41 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Twohandernoob wrote:
Torquemadra wrote: If you have a clue, and are geared appropriately to your level, you are more than competitive with a level 48 bolster, 31+ is where you training wheels come off and you have to work for a living and still its not hard to pick up ruin or even anni or merc with their lowered costs.

Dont mistake losing for a gear gap, there are people who will kick your ass naked all day long on this server.
So I've been playing for 2-3 weeks, really loving the game and baby toyguns has hit T2 (currently 20/26rr).

I'm not sure the 48 bolster is that competitive. I'm geared appropriate to level. At 48 I have str 700ish wounds 600ish and 6% melee crit. Thats with 2 tactic slots, 20 rr points and fewer abilitues. I imagine a 40 WH would have 1000str, 25% crit 800-900 wounds ballpark 4 tactic slots (+2 brown) and all abilities more rr points etc. I've killed a few higher rank players but generally because they were not using their characters very well. If they're average or better its too dangerous I find. The zerg is a struggle, I expect other classes might be easier in the zerg. The safest place to thrive seems to the T2/3 scenario group (when they decide to pop).

I thought about pveing for a bit but then I had a seizure :D
WH has no place in zerg fights (both here and live). Your choices are to join a 6-man (which would probably ask you to play a WL/Slayer instead) or solo (which most wh's do).

Ads
dansari

Post#42 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:03 pm

The bolster doesn't give you 1000 strength but it's comparable. If you check the ability damage, for example, it's competitive.
<Salt Factory>

Samejima

Post#43 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:07 pm

dansari wrote:The bolster doesn't give you 1000 strength but it's comparable. If you check the ability damage, for example, it's competitive.
Yeah, most of the low level WEs I run into hit like a truck--much harder than you expect them to. The lack of abilities/tactics/gear/renown hurts them in a major way, but the base damage is definitely solid enough to assist effectively.

Fallenkezef

Post#44 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:31 pm

We'll have to wait and see. I have noticed a real increase in midtier sc pops so I am happy enough
Alea iacta est

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#45 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:51 pm

The mid-tier bolster also puts you at R48, where a R40 WH will only be R40. Level difference significantly compensates for the lower overall stats.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fallenkezef

Post#46 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:59 pm

wargrimnir wrote:The mid-tier bolster also puts you at R48, where a R40 WH will only be R40. Level difference significantly compensates for the lower overall stats.
Aye, bolster is useful and effective. Yet why do rvr under 31?

It has the lowest exp reward for time spent, the chance of a gold bag doesnt mean mych when you'll outlevel the set before conpleting it anyway.

I'm not asking for end game gear but there really isn't much reason to do rvr under 31 at this point.
Alea iacta est

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:The mid-tier bolster also puts you at R48, where a R40 WH will only be R40. Level difference significantly compensates for the lower overall stats.

It has the lowest exp reward for time spent, the chance of a gold bag doesnt mean mych when you'll outlevel the set before conpleting it anyway.

I'm not asking for end game gear but there really isn't much reason to do rvr under 31 at this point.
Then what are you asking for if not the ability to earn end-game gear early? That's what changed, and this thread is the expected reactionary result.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Darosh
Banned

Post#48 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Joshwa70 wrote:Just go be target practice for weeks and dont discouraged. The people who say that you can't get end game gear before top tier don't actually disagree with you.. .that is how they got their gear. They are just enjoying their gear advantage and feeling like they are actually good at something in life for a minute. Once you get the min requirements it will go faster and you can start getting revenge on them.
The entitlement and vitriol, **** my life.

You are aware that the entire loot/RvR system was revamped thoroughly, yeah?
If you had played during the time these 'evil, worthless beings' played and acquired their gear, which they now 'take adavantge of to give their life a meaning'... you'd have quit within a week, matey.

Ads
Nekkma

Post#49 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Then what are you asking for if not the ability to earn end-game gear early? That's what changed, and this thread is the expected reactionary result.
Well, increasing some of the other rewards, mainly experience, may be an option. At the moment RvR seems like the worst option for efficient leveling, which lets be honest most is interested in after having leveled 10+ characters here and on live. I assume lower xp and renown was previously offset by earning gear for when you are 40. Without that, rvr
is the least rewarding activity to rank up which in my opinion is the opposite of how it should be in this game.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Fallenkezef

Post#50 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:

Then what are you asking for if not the ability to earn end-game gear early? That's what changed, and this thread is the expected reactionary result.
As it stands, you'll level past rvr sets before completing. You get one piece for a gold bag.

Put rvr gear in every colour bag under rr31. Leave anni and conq as is.

Give people a reason to not just ignore rvr and level to 31 on pve/sc.

This means you get chance to complete a set and get mileage out of it before leveling to the next one.

Im not talking about end game gear
Alea iacta est