Recent Topics

Ads

RVR loot pre-forty

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: RVR loot pre-forty

Post#51 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Twohandernoob wrote:
Torquemadra wrote: If you have a clue, and are geared appropriately to your level, you are more than competitive with a level 48 bolster, 31+ is where you training wheels come off and you have to work for a living and still its not hard to pick up ruin or even anni or merc with their lowered costs.

Dont mistake losing for a gear gap, there are people who will kick your ass naked all day long on this server.
So I've been playing for 2-3 weeks, really loving the game and baby toyguns has hit T2 (currently 20/26rr).

I'm not sure the 48 bolster is that competitive. I'm geared appropriate to level. At 48 I have str 700ish wounds 600ish and 6% melee crit. Thats with 2 tactic slots, 20 rr points and fewer abilities. I imagine a 40 WH would have 1000str, 25% crit 800-900 wounds ballpark 4 tactic slots (+2 brown) and all abilities more rr points etc. I've killed a few higher rank players but generally because they were not using their characters very well. If they're average or better its too dangerous I find. The zerg is a struggle, I expect other classes might be easier in the zerg. The safest place to thrive seems to the T2/3 scenario group (when they decide to pop).

I thought about pveing for a bit but then I had a seizure :D
You are mistaken. Your paperdoll stats are wrong. With str tactic you sit at almost 1050 str with potion. Your health is higher than on lvl40 chars.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#52 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:01 pm

I typed .givestats and it matched paperdoll. I get the impression Im not getting the best out of this bolster :roll:

Aurandilaz

Post#53 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Whilst bolster gives decent Str, Wounds, Armor etc, it doesn't compensate for lack of Melee Crit (end game gear + renown) and also relatively low Melee Dmg Bonus (from softcapped Str + endgame gear). Sure, you can do decent dmg, but you lack the burst that actually geared endgame chars have.
Lack of crit is what is truly noticeable.

Same issue on ranged dps as well.
Tanks suffer least, as they can easily get good Wounds, toughness, armor rates from bolster increase. Healers are a bit between, decent willpower and wounds, relative lack of healbonus and crit, but still okayish.

ashton007

Post#54 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 pm

I do agree with the conq/subji being locked to 40/41 players, it makes sense and is fair. However I don't ubderstand the genesis pieces having the requirement... Its r 36 pieces with no rr requirements. The only thing that should change in my opinion is either the genesis should be available starting at r36... Or the genesis pieces should be buffed to r40. Just my opinion on the change.

Smellybelly

Post#55 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Nothing thats been said here so far changes the fact that you dont get anything from RVR as a lowbie except renown, wich is easier to get in scenarios. So ..for me the incentive is lost. Boredom might make me roam into the lakes with a lowbie character but little else.

Sulorie

Post#56 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Smellybelly wrote:Nothing thats been said here so far changes the fact that you dont get anything from RVR as a lowbie except renown, wich is easier to get in scenarios. So ..for me the incentive is lost. Boredom might make me roam into the lakes with a lowbie character but little else.
AAO kills in rvr give you more renown than sc. Though the incentives to rvr are much less on a lowrank.
Dying is no option.

Joshwa70

Post#57 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Darosh wrote:
Joshwa70 wrote:Just go be target practice for weeks and dont discouraged. The people who say that you can't get end game gear before top tier don't actually disagree with you.. .that is how they got their gear. They are just enjoying their gear advantage and feeling like they are actually good at something in life for a minute. Once you get the min requirements it will go faster and you can start getting revenge on them.
The entitlement and vitriol, **** my life.

You are aware that the entire loot/RvR system was revamped thoroughly, yeah?
If you had played during the time these 'evil, worthless beings' played and acquired their gear, which they now 'take adavantge of to give their life a meaning'... you'd have quit within a week, matey.
Boy you got mad....bro

WorstNovak
Banned

Post#58 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Anshard wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: Your bolster is based on the level of the gear you're wearing. There is very much a point to having gear progression in RvR.
Bolster does not make you a match for the gear, abilities, and mastery points of a rank 40. Everyone knows this, they remind low rank players all the time.

I agree there very much is a point to have gear progression in RvR. I agree there and am not making issue of it. However, that point is the same point that requires their be a tier 2 and tier 3 for rvr. It is also the same point that separated rank 40 SCs from rank 31-39 in live.

The point is that a player should progress through the game through stages and slowly grow in ability, gear, and stats fighting challenges equivalent to their rank.

This isn't present in rvr.

Look, I understand saying 'We don't want low rank players earning top rank gear." but I am playing with, fighting against, and being slaughtered by people with said gear, but without the ability to earn that gear. Doesn't that seem off?
If you have a clue, and are geared appropriately to your level, you are more than competitive with a level 48 bolster, 31+ is where you training wheels come off and you have to work for a living and still its not hard to pick up ruin or even anni or merc with their lowered costs.

Dont mistake losing for a gear gap, there are people who will kick your ass naked all day long on this server.
This isn't really relevant in a discussion that, I assume, is focused on the mean. Some people are good. Plenty of people aren't. The bolster for 31+ is not enough by any measure. Don't believe me? Play an average geared char that is 31-34. It isn't fun.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#59 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 pm

WorstNovak wrote:
This isn't really relevant in a discussion that, I assume, is focused on the mean. Some people are good. Plenty of people aren't. The bolster for 31+ is not enough by any measure. Don't believe me? Play an average geared char that is 31-34. It isn't fun.
What do you mean with "average"?
Dying is no option.

dansari

Post#60 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Agreed. The bolster for low 30 is especially rough because you're in Dev gear only bolstered to 40, playing against people at least in ruin/Anni. I think a large portion of the incentive is lost in playing lowbies in rvr, therefore the easiest way to level will be through scs. Unfortunately for NA or OCE players this means they'll likely end up grinding through pqs because the population isn't large enough to support a constant flow of mid tier scs. I think this will discourage a lot of new players (who don't know really where to get the best gear or talismans to be competitive with the bolster), and alt leveling because if there is no up-convert for medallions, you don't actually start trying to obtain BiS gear until 40/41. I'm gonna try leveling my WH but only because I'll have the opportunity to solo and the xp gain is pretty good, especially when you have aao. It's weird though as soon as renown is shared by even a few people, the xp drops dramatically.
<Salt Factory>