Recent Topics

Ads

RVR loot pre-forty

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Re: RVR loot pre-forty

Post#31 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Lol there it is. "Damn millennials." Now we have all of the ignorant people commenting!
<Salt Factory>

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#32 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 pm

I'm sure it's very convinient for the players thats allready in the higher renown part. I played for like 6 months myself without ever getting a gold bag on my main so i know the frustration.
But I really don't get why players keeping rank and renown fairly even in the mid 30's gotta be punnished here.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#33 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:28 pm

anarchypark wrote:you think lvl20s getting top end gear was normal?
is there any other game that allows it?

you are not the only low lvl in the zone full of BiS players. as low lvl, you need to play like low lvl. position well to avoid hot zone. don't play like you are BiS rr80.

before the change, low tiers were empty anyway. you lost nothing.
you got option to play t4 with bolster.
no one forces you.

if you don't like orvr lvling, go PvE.
what, you can't PL anymore?
2week 40/40 conq toon, is that what you want?

it's already free game. how much more 'free' do you want?
I'm sorry but you said some bullshit. I do not think it right to start "giving" endgame items in lvl 20, but putting players to accumulate mountains of medals without utility does not seem smart either. Buy potions? Speaks seriously.

Talk about switching RvR to PvE? What is your problem?
It's a free game, so no one can give an opinion?

WH is an outdated game, love it, but be realistic, nobody wants to spend days, weeks, months trying to accumulate items, weapons, jewelry ... people here also have their private life and WH is a game to have fun , to de-stress.

Even in T1 there should be bags with blue items, to cheer the Tier, do not discourage anyone who wants to start a new character.

There must be a more fun way to limit low lvl to get endgame item, who knows how to convert medals to conqueror.

Nekkma

Post#34 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 pm

The main isssue as I see it is that the current system seem to promote "powerleveling behaviour", e.g. mindless farming of mobs. With the present system, I milk as much renown as I can in T1 then park my character at a good farming spot. Playing once a week or so to use up the rested xp. When hitting T4 I start farming ruin, epic weapons and doing scenarios until 40/41. To me this way of leveling seems as most bang for the buck of the rather boring task of leveling a character to what I consider bare minimum.

If this way of leveling is intended, or otherwise deemed as good for the server, the current system is fine. Personally, I do not think it is intended or good for the server and think it should change. I like the suggestion with "wards" and that you "unlock" a higher tier of currency/gear by completing the previous tier.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Sulorie

Post#35 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:26 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: But I really don't get why players keeping rank and renown fairly even in the mid 30's gotta be punnished here.
The mid 30 armor sets don't have balanced requirements either, you need r35 rr39 to wear full set. This alone should tell anyone 30+ that your rr has to rise faster than rank.
Dying is no option.

Fallenkezef

Post#36 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Sulorie wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote: But I really don't get why players keeping rank and renown fairly even in the mid 30's gotta be punnished here.
The mid 30 armor sets don't have balanced requirements either, you need r35 rr39 to wear full set. This alone should tell anyone 30+ that your rr has to rise faster than rank.
Easy to do that in sc's. Not touched rvr since rank 18 and still managed to be RR31 at rank 25. After rank 31 I can level solely in T4 sc's.

I did that on my slayer and made rr40 by rank 35
Alea iacta est

Smellybelly

Post#37 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:36 pm

szejoza wrote:Wait, so conqueror medallion drops and seals of paragon/exemplar are no longer an incentive to do orvr as lowbies?

Lowbies can still gear towards endgame but not in an easy way of accumulating bags, and that is fine. All I see is whine about removing the easy way of getting it
Then you need to read more carefully. And no seal of paragon/exemplar is not really enough when its mostly (90+% of the cases) only used for apperance items.

Shmerrick

Post#38 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:04 pm

I agree with the OP.

Ads
Joshwa70

Post#39 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Just go be target practice for weeks and dont discouraged. The people who say that you can't get end game gear before top tier don't actually disagree with you.. .that is how they got their gear. They are just enjoying their gear advantage and feeling like they are actually good at something in life for a minute. Once you get the min requirements it will go faster and you can start getting revenge on them.

Twohandernoob

Post#40 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Torquemadra wrote: If you have a clue, and are geared appropriately to your level, you are more than competitive with a level 48 bolster, 31+ is where you training wheels come off and you have to work for a living and still its not hard to pick up ruin or even anni or merc with their lowered costs.

Dont mistake losing for a gear gap, there are people who will kick your ass naked all day long on this server.
So I've been playing for 2-3 weeks, really loving the game and baby toyguns has hit T2 (currently 20/26rr).

I'm not sure the 48 bolster is that competitive. I'm geared appropriate to level. At 48 I have str 700ish wounds 600ish and 6% melee crit. Thats with 2 tactic slots, 20 rr points and fewer abilities. I imagine a 40 WH would have 1000str, 25% crit 800-900 wounds ballpark 4 tactic slots (+2 brown) and all abilities more rr points etc. I've killed a few higher rank players but generally because they were not using their characters very well. If they're average or better its too dangerous I find. The zerg is a struggle, I expect other classes might be easier in the zerg. The safest place to thrive seems to the T2/3 scenario group (when they decide to pop).

I thought about pveing for a bit but then I had a seizure :D