Ads

Issue / Bug with lowbie 16-31 Ranked players

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Issue / Bug with lowbie 16-31 Ranked players

Post#11 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:29 am

sogeou wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
sogeou wrote: Well, i agree with what you put. But, it does not work that way vs people your level. I have 2200 armor and vs targets the same rank as me I mitigate 80% same with pve mobs.
Against what mobs you are testing it?

Same level all types. The fact is it works with anything same level.
I mean, were the mobs in rvr zone or pve?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#12 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Weaponskill/Toughness and armor debuffs change all this while in pvp with other players. But truth be told i have done some 1400+ white auto attacks on lowbie enemies, mostly archmages with my chosen and i have never ever done that against anyone of my own level. Not even 1/3 of that tbh.

roadkillrobin

Post#13 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 pm

I did also notice some extremly high hits on my 32WE when being bolstered.
I was regular attacked for 1500-2000 non crits from attacks of Slayers, Engies and WH's. White Lions was absolutly adsurd. 2 shotted at one point, Brutal Pounce + Cordinated Strike for 6500 dmg. 100-0% in 2 seconds.

sogeou

Post#14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Sulorie wrote:
sogeou wrote:
Sulorie wrote: Against what mobs you are testing it?

Same level all types. The fact is it works with anything same level.
I mean, were the mobs in rvr zone or pve?

I have done both. Results were both what they should have been. I have used 38 level mobs while I am buffed.

sogeou

Post#15 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I did also notice some extremly high hits on my 32WE when being bolstered.
I was regular attacked for 1500-2000 non crits from attacks of Slayers, Engies and WH's. White Lions was absolutly adsurd. 2 shotted at one point, Brutal Pounce + Cordinated Strike for 6500 dmg. 100-0% in 2 seconds.

It has to do with the bolster. IMO, it is not working like it should. Let's say a level 20 without the buff has 1200 armor and it is 50% mitigation. They get the bolster and now have 2400 armor.

It should should 2400 armor at level 20 giving you 80% mitigation.

But, it seems it is working as 2400 armor at level 40 only giving you 40% mitigation. So, you are losing 10%.

Same issue for armor pen.

Dabbart

Post#16 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:11 pm

You count as the rank you are bolstered too for armor I believe... so what you are describing is what’s supposed to happen... also, armor has a cap it’ll never get to 90%, mobs don’t have the WS players do, and there are tons of armor debuffs out there.

Post some screen shots with your actual stats and combat log. Right now OP isn’t providing enough details.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sogeou

Post#17 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Dabbart wrote:You count as the rank you are bolstered too for armor I believe... so what you are describing is what’s supposed to happen... also, armor has a cap it’ll never get to 90%, mobs don’t have the WS players do, and there are tons of armor debuffs out there.

Post some screen shots with your actual stats and combat log. Right now OP isn’t providing enough details.

It has nothing to do with weapon skill or armor debuffs as I have tested with players with lower armor pen and no armor debuff. If I remember later, I will collect pictures and upload.

More of less I was trying to find out if the bolster should treat you as having level 40 armor or the current amount it says you have for your rank. Which, I think I have my answer and it hurts lowbies in some areas.

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:45 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I did also notice some extremly high hits on my 32WE when being bolstered.
It could be that initially your armor is bolstered from say 1k to 3k. However then WL armor debuff happens, and your armor becomes 0, and which then modified by bolster times X becomes 0 still. Same goes for the plethora of toughness debuffs.
Meaning maybe bolster multiplies stats by some factor that varies based on levels, instead of being a summary addition of layers to help you live/kill?

Would explain why any lowbies in T4 explode like a balloon when you debuff and hit them to death in 1-2 shots.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#19 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Spoiler:
sogeou wrote:
Dabbart wrote:You count as the rank you are bolstered too for armor I believe... so what you are describing is what’s supposed to happen... also, armor has a cap it’ll never get to 90%, mobs don’t have the WS players do, and there are tons of armor debuffs out there.

It has nothing to do with weapon skill or armor debuffs as I have tested with players with lower armor pen and no armor debuff. If I remember later, I will collect pictures and upload.

More of less I was trying to find out if the bolster should treat you as having level 40 armor or the current amount it says you have for your rank. Which, I think I have my answer and it hurts lowbies in some areas.
K. For the future, the more info you can provide the better we can figure out the issue. For instance, when discussing mitigation rates, if you have a static testing platform(IE another player helping you), then you need to post all of the numbers we are talking about. lvl, Armor, and toughness of the defender, and lvl, STR/WS of the attacker. Always use .getstats for actual statistics, as the doll can be inaccurate.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=879

Check out that thread for more specific info on how combat and mitigation is calculated.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sogeou

Post#20 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Dabbart wrote:
Spoiler:
sogeou wrote:

K. For the future, the more info you can provide the better we can figure out the issue. For instance, when discussing mitigation rates, if you have a static testing platform(IE another player helping you), then you need to post all of the numbers we are talking about. lvl, Armor, and toughness of the defender, and lvl, STR/WS of the attacker. Always use .getstats for actual statistics, as the doll can be inaccurate.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=879

Check out that thread for more specific info on how combat and mitigation is calculated.
Which I have already done and confirmed. I just was not sure how they intend for the buff to work. Depending on your level there are huge gaps in gear. IE 17- 27. You can farm pq gear and it helps out a lot and the RR gear is better than nothing. I feel it sucks when you see a few 20's in T2 holding a BO and a premade of RR70 comes up and stomps them, because nothing better to do and don't want to fight the zerg.