Recent Topics

Ads

Issue / Bug with lowbie 16-31 Ranked players

Let's talk about... everything else
sogeou

Issue / Bug with lowbie 16-31 Ranked players

Post#1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 pm

*****I have sent messages to a few dev and no updates. I will fill out a bug report after this********

There is an issue which is impacting lowbies and it is related to armor and armor pen. The simple fact is it is not working correctly. In order to save a lot of reading I will make it simple.

A lowbie who has 100% armor should mitigate 90% of someones damage. This has been tested vs someone with little to no armor pen using auto attacks (and normal moves ) and is rank 40. On PVE mobs it is working correctly.

PVE MOB: Hit for 14 damage, mitigate 120 Working correctly. ( or player in pvp same rank)

LEVEL40 PLAYER: Hit for 400 damage mitigate 400. Not working correctly. ( I feel there is a bug not using buffed armor count, only unbuffed armor count, which for me was 50% unbuffed.)

When you are attacking a person who is close in natural level things seem to work fine.

I would like to note, if I push up to 200% armor things seem to work like they should as far a mitigation goes.

I do have all the math and break down if it is really needed, just on another pc. But, I feel if armor and armor pen work correctly on lowbies that will help out a lot.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Issue / Bug with lowbie 16-31 Ranked players

Post#2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 pm

sogeou wrote:*****I have sent messages to a few dev and no updates. I will fill out a bug report after this********

There is an issue which is impacting lowbies and it is related to armor and armor pen. The simple fact is it is not working correctly. In order to save a lot of reading I will make it simple.

A lowbie who has 100% armor should mitigate 90% of someones damage. This has been tested vs someone with little to no armor pen using auto attacks (and normal moves ) and is rank 40. On PVE mobs it is working correctly.

PVE MOB: Hit for 14 damage, mitigate 120 Working correctly. ( or player in pvp same rank)

LEVEL40 PLAYER: Hit for 400 damage mitigate 400. Not working correctly. ( I feel there is a bug not using buffed armor count, only unbuffed armor count, which for me was 50% unbuffed.)

When you are attacking a person who is close in natural level things seem to work fine.

I would like to note, if I push up to 200% armor things seem to work like they should as far a mitigation goes.

I do have all the math and break down if it is really needed, just on another pc. But, I feel if armor and armor pen work correctly on lowbies that will help out a lot.
Bolster is heavily affected by gear, that's why you're seeing a wide range of mitigation.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sogeou

Post#3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
sogeou wrote:*****I have sent messages to a few dev and no updates. I will fill out a bug report after this********

Bolster is heavily affected by gear, that's why you're seeing a wide range of mitigation.

Correct, I understand this. it is not working vs 40's. I use the bolster to the max. I have confirmed 100% it is not working vs 40's.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

The % armor values on your paperdoll show armor values for your true rank but with bolstered stats.
100% armor on a level 16 taken as absolute values, give much less defense on a rank 40.
Dying is no option.

sogeou

Post#5 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Sulorie wrote:The % armor values on your paperdoll show armor values for your true rank but with bolstered stats.
100% armor on a level 16 taken as absolute values, give much less defense on a rank 40.

I don't use the paperdoll as it is wrong at times. But, the bolster works. Let's say I have 1200 armor unbuffed. While buffed with the bolster I will have 2200 armor. It only mitigates based on the 1200 armor I have. Even tho .getstats says I have 2200.

Samejima

Post#6 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:49 pm

sogeou wrote:I don't use the paperdoll as it is wrong at times. But, the bolster works. Let's say I have 1200 armor unbuffed. While buffed with the bolster I will have 2200 armor. It only mitigates based on the 1200 armor I have. Even tho .getstats says I have 2200.
2200 armor is ~50% reduction at rank 40.

Two issues here, I think:

1. The mitigation provided by a given amount of armor at low rank will not provide the same amount of mitigation at high rank.

I don't know the exact formula, but on a rank 8 Archmage, 276 armor provides 31.4% mitigation. At rank 40 it takes 2200 armor for ~50% reduction. You can witness this yourself just after a rank-up--your % mitigation will drop even though your armor has not changed.

2. While bolster does increase the total amount of armor, it may not increase it to the point that it provides equivalent mitigation (and may provide less in some cases? Not sure here).

Sulorie's point was that the paper doll gave you an erroneous % mitigation calculated with the 2200 bolstered armor value but using your unbolstered rank. (As you've said the paperdoll is wrong at times). The actual calculation takes your bolstered rank into account, meaning 2200 armor is only going to give you ~50% mitigation.

sogeou

Post#7 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Samejima wrote:
sogeou wrote:I don't use the paperdoll as it is wrong at times. But, the bolster works. Let's say I have 1200 armor unbuffed. While buffed with the bolster I will have 2200 armor. It only mitigates based on the 1200 armor I have. Even tho .getstats says I have 2200.
2200 armor is ~50% reduction at rank 40.

Two issues here, I think:

1. The mitigation provided by a given amount of armor at low rank will not provide the same amount of mitigation at high rank.

I don't know the exact formula, but on a rank 8 Archmage, 276 armor provides 31.4% mitigation. At rank 40 it takes 2200 armor for ~50% reduction. You can witness this yourself just after a rank-up--your % mitigation will drop even though your armor has not changed.

2. While bolster does increase the total amount of armor, it may not increase it to the point that it provides equivalent mitigation (and may provide less in some cases? Not sure here).

Sulorie's point was that the paper doll gave you an erroneous % mitigation calculated with the 2200 bolstered armor value but using your unbolstered rank. (As you've said the paperdoll is wrong at times). The actual calculation takes your bolstered rank into account, meaning 2200 armor is only going to give you ~50% mitigation.

Well, i agree with what you put. But, it does not work that way vs people your level. I have 2200 armor and vs targets the same rank as me I mitigate 80% same with pve mobs.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 pm

sogeou wrote: Well, i agree with what you put. But, it does not work that way vs people your level. I have 2200 armor and vs targets the same rank as me I mitigate 80% same with pve mobs.
Against what mobs you are testing it?
Dying is no option.

Ads
sogeou

Post#9 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Sulorie wrote:
sogeou wrote: Well, i agree with what you put. But, it does not work that way vs people your level. I have 2200 armor and vs targets the same rank as me I mitigate 80% same with pve mobs.
Against what mobs you are testing it?

Same level all types. The fact is it works with anything same level.

Darks63

Post#10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 am

One thing you might be forgetting is that 40's might be stacking WS which will further knock down how much you can mitigate with armor.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.