Recent Topics

Ads

high ranks in t1

Let's talk about... everything else
Darks63

Re: high ranks in t1

Post#11 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 am

This happens alot in dwarf due to how often it stalemates. Really the only fix needed is no more tics if your side is at 100% much like how tics dry up at 3 stars in t4 rvr.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Shmerrick

Post#12 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:50 am

I didn't really see it as an issue. The lv 17 shaman still died just as fast as ever.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#13 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:08 am

Coma wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:Be glad it was Druin that got there instead of me because hes the nice one.
it was neither a bug or a voluntary explit (well at least for most player, after a certain point I've seen several lvl1 character starting logging in and parking themself at BO, and that could have actualy be considered an exploit)... destro got tower and rallied in there (they were in minority so there is nothing to say to them...) order tried to cap it several time... but failed (they even went there with 2 wb and still failed...) with both faction having 100% Vp ob started ticking for A LOT (i've seen 600 xp from bo microticks pre lvl 15... wich translate to 1200xp per tick for character at level 15+)... as a result characters that entered the zone (the only t1 open zone just to be clear) at level 12, within one hour get themself over lvl 16... and since the cicken is only triggered when you ENTER the area than they staied in there without problem... additionally Scenario queue was a slow as death... so really there was not much to do for people on low level characters aside from

is it destru fault that there is one obj that is so much easier to defend than to attack? no...

is the player fault if they leveled in the map after fighiting in it for 1+ hours? no...

do the player that faught in the map had to leave the zone risking to loose their lock just because they outleveled it without any form a of system or existing rule that forbid them from staing in? again no...

so i don't see any need for ban/account/character deletion... the gm simply gave a warning and within the 5 minute window almost everyone over lvl 15 left the zone since at that moment a RULE (GM word=rule)come into existance and the few who didn't resepct the new rule got sent to the moon... that seem to be resonable since there was no bug abusing/exploit (those that created new char just to exploit the high xp tick didin't had the time to get over lvl 16 so the actual exploiters went totally scot free...)...
This is not a new rule. When we catch people that shouldn't be somewhere, we eject them. If they're stupid about it, they're sent to the moon.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fallenkezef

Post#14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 am

This happened to my Chosen when I was in T1, held the boat in Nordland while rank15. The ticks where giving me around 900exp per tick.

I was nearly level 17 when we locked the zone.

I can easily see how a 15, in a hard fought, long T1 fight could level up to the 20's on those ticks.
Alea iacta est

Hargrim
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 am

Eh, I guess we just need to port players rank 16 to the warcamp on level up, done.

Sulorie

Post#16 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 am

But this begs the question why the ticks scale so high. Instead of fighting other players and take flags to lock zone, people are motivated to camp at flags, because the rewards are worth it.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:06 am

Hargrim wrote:Eh, I guess we just need to port players rank 16 to the warcamp on level up, done.
So suddenly in a fight the healer or tank, vital classes for a group, get ported away and the group wipes? There must be better solutions.
Dying is no option.

Fallenkezef

Post#18 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am

gebajger wrote:Whats with all these lvl16+s in t1?

Bunch of destro holding tower (t1dwarf), plenty of them
well over 16.
Saw lvl23 , lvl21, bunch of 18s(not bolstered).
Pretty pathetic
The problem is twofold, the exp ticks at rank15 are insane and people who have started a zone want to finish it, especialy if it's a hard and fun fight.

Creating a this storm in a teacup is a bit silly, also many lowbies genuinely do not know they are not allowed to stay, it's not a bunch of evil players exploiting. If a system can be encoded to automaticly boot 16's out or chicken them upon ding then all to the good.
Alea iacta est

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#19 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am

Sulorie wrote:
Hargrim wrote:Eh, I guess we just need to port players rank 16 to the warcamp on level up, done.
So suddenly in a fight the healer or tank, vital classes for a group, get ported away and the group wipes? There must be better solutions.
It's T1......
Alea iacta est

Sulorie

Post#20 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 am

Fallenkezef wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
It's T1......
So it doesn't matter, if groups break, because they are lowlvls? How about the xp gain is just too high for one zone fight?
Dying is no option.