Ads

Liniments

Let's talk about... everything else
Fallenkezef

Re: Liniments

Post#131 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Mystry wrote:
Luuca wrote:
Mystry wrote: Maybe because there is a MASSIVE imbalance in class roles between Order and Destro and it makes the server look bad when one side consistently loses because every tank and healer on it would rather DPS?
This kind of wild assumption is the type of thing that proves a portion of the player base has no idea how to actually be competitive in game, no matter what the balance is currently at. In fact, this huge imbalance - when it occurs - is often leveraged by good players who "cross-realm" surf for the AAO advantages it brings. If you are running around the lakes in a pug warband with random group comps and no coms, you're gonna have a bad time. Yes, it is a git gud issue for you. Quit running with PuGs. It's that simple. We run a semi-optimized 6 man most nights and do quite well for ourselves. We don't always win, but we don't always get wiped either. We are in coms, have a great time, and even let in some of those off-spec classes to try and make it work.

Back on topic:

Since the theory has been raised that "Only top-tier guilds and 6-man groups" will have liniments because they are the only ones organized enough to farm it is absurd. Nothing is stopping you from forming a group and farming the dungeon. The only thing stopping you is your unwillingness to do so for the reward or your propensity to avoid organized groups/guilds/alliances. These are two things nobody can fix except you. So fix it. Don't deny others rewards just because you are too lazy or too antisocial to also work to receive them.
Spoken like a true Destruction player, completely ignorant of the climate of Order.
Consider the following: Order has a humongous amount of DPS and very few real tanks or healers. Groups are extremely limited BECAUSE of the lack of tanks and healers, and god help you if you play anything other than a White Lion, Slayer, or Bright Wizard, because you will not be invited to an organized group ever as any other DPS.

It has little to do with laziness or antisociality, and everything to do with a lack of players. As for the common 'start your own group' excuse, good luck doing that as you'll likely spend hours looking for tanks or heals (usually tanks).

In regards to cross-realming, gaming a system that is supposed to give the outnumbered faction a reason to fight is a ridiculous move that does nothing but mask the inherent population and class distribution problems that Order has. If a bunch of DESTRO players log onto Order alts in order to abuse AAO, then Orders population seems larger than it actually is.
Ran into 4 Knights, 2 IBs and 2 SM's in an SC last night and you lack tanks?

When I was in Diogenes there was never a lack of tanks in lfg, also there are literaly tons of Engineers (fat gits), WH's and SW's in Order groups and premades
Alea iacta est

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#132 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 am

I for one have had zero difficulty procuring liniments, both through running the dungeon and butchering. They're available on the auction house for about 1-2 gold a piece. If that's too expensive for you- just use them on special occasions.

Luuca

Post#133 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:47 am

wargrimnir wrote:Luuca didn't reference Destruction at all. The only one coming off as wildly biased to either faction is you.

Pissing into the wind mate.
True. Not to beat a dead horse, and I won't comment again, but I have spent a lot of time recently playing a healer and Tank on Order during NA prime and late night. I see the issue from both sides. As Norkalli stated, buy them.

tiarna

Post#134 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am

what i need exactly to craft at best these liniments?

3 pristine resin and 1 bottle?

first page link say 2 combos, but craft sounds impossible.

ty in advance

shaggyboomboom

Post#135 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:27 am

Mystry wrote:
Luuca wrote:
Mystry wrote: Maybe because there is a MASSIVE imbalance in class roles between Order and Destro and it makes the server look bad when one side consistently loses because every tank and healer on it would rather DPS?
This kind of wild assumption is the type of thing that proves a portion of the player base has no idea how to actually be competitive in game, no matter what the balance is currently at. In fact, this huge imbalance - when it occurs - is often leveraged by good players who "cross-realm" surf for the AAO advantages it brings. If you are running around the lakes in a pug warband with random group comps and no coms, you're gonna have a bad time. Yes, it is a git gud issue for you. Quit running with PuGs. It's that simple. We run a semi-optimized 6 man most nights and do quite well for ourselves. We don't always win, but we don't always get wiped either. We are in coms, have a great time, and even let in some of those off-spec classes to try and make it work.

Back on topic:

Since the theory has been raised that "Only top-tier guilds and 6-man groups" will have liniments because they are the only ones organized enough to farm it is absurd. Nothing is stopping you from forming a group and farming the dungeon. The only thing stopping you is your unwillingness to do so for the reward or your propensity to avoid organized groups/guilds/alliances. These are two things nobody can fix except you. So fix it. Don't deny others rewards just because you are too lazy or too antisocial to also work to receive them.
Spoken like a true Destruction player, completely ignorant of the climate of Order.
Consider the following: Order has a humongous amount of DPS and very few real tanks or healers. Groups are extremely limited BECAUSE of the lack of tanks and healers, and god help you if you play anything other than a White Lion, Slayer, or Bright Wizard, because you will not be invited to an organized group ever as any other DPS.

It has little to do with laziness or antisociality, and everything to do with a lack of players. As for the common 'start your own group' excuse, good luck doing that as you'll likely spend hours looking for tanks or heals (usually tanks).

In regards to cross-realming, gaming a system that is supposed to give the outnumbered faction a reason to fight is a ridiculous move that does nothing but mask the inherent population and class distribution problems that Order has. If a bunch of DESTRO players log onto Order alts in order to abuse AAO, then Orders population seems larger than it actually is.
We got stacks of liniments in our order vault, clearly destro bias :thinkingemoji:
+ liniment mats drop from r40+ mobs as well, if you're pug privilege is not high enough to do that, I feel sorry for you.

Akalukz

Post#136 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:00 pm

tiarna wrote:what i need exactly to craft at best these liniments?

3 pristine resin and 1 bottle?

first page link say 2 combos, but craft sounds impossible.

ty in advance

EDIT lvl 100 contain / 3 x goldweed got 2 linimments, can probably play around a bit.
Last edited by Akalukz on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-= Agony =-

peterthepan3

Post#137 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 pm

If I may postulate: perhaps your difficulty in finding tanks or healers is a direct result of your reputation for constantly moaning about perceived realm imbalances on the forums?

shaggyboomboom

Post#138 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:21 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:If I may postulate: perhaps your difficulty in finding tanks or healers is a direct result of your reputation for constantly moaning about perceived realm imbalances on the forums?

Ads
Valarion

Post#139 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:50 am

Hargrim wrote:So why exactly you can't run Gunbad?
PvE Herpes
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Vayra

Post#140 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:03 am

PvE has always been a part of the game in order to be competitive. Back on live Conq and Invader was DPS for most healers, forcing them to run city dungeons/LV for heal sets. ToVL had some of the best gear (esp jewels) until rr100 was released. Besides, the PvE in this game has always been fun compared to a lot of other MMOs.

I just wish the liniment seeds were bound to account so I didn't have to actually level up and gear another toon to farm them.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG