Ads

[Sorceress/Bright Wizzard] Dark Magic / Combustion Backlashs

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: [Sorceress/Bright Wizzard] Dark Magic / Combustion Backl

Post#51 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Lheana wrote:
That's exactly what Nav was talking about : if the WH jumps, he puts a stun, and during stun the sorc can't use meltdown or burnout. BW/Sorc are really squishy, so they have all chances to die before he could use anything, even with a not good WH/WE.
If you can't react to a wh then you have more serious problems.If you have a heal debuff on you and you think you might get PW drop mechanic. You dont have to wait to get a heal debuff and then PW to drop. Be proactive not reactive.

Guess what THIS is how the mechanic was meant to be used. Not sit at 100. I know thinking is scary.

Ads
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#52 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Telen wrote:Be proactive not reactive.
How do you wanna be proactive with WH ? A "good" WH must be invisible and should be able to kill a BW/Sorc during stun (and during stun, BW/Sorc can't do anything).

BW/Sorc don't hurt without 100 combu.
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

Telen
Suspended

Post#53 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Lheana wrote:
Telen wrote:Be proactive not reactive.
How do you wanna be proactive with WH ? A "good" WH must be invisible and should be able to kill a BW/Sorc during stun (and during stun, BW/Sorc can't do anything).
Then DONT sit on 100 combustion. You aren't meant too. Thats why the mechanic isn't working. They were never meant to stay at 100 and have twice the dps of other rdps. If you do you pay for that huge dps bonus by putting yourself in danger.

This is how the mechanic was meant to work.
Last edited by Telen on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luth

Post#54 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Lheana wrote:
Telen wrote:WH jumps you. Use meltdown or burnout and your debuff is gone. This just stops bw/sorc sitting at 100 and being healed through damage while still nuking.
That's exactly what Nav was talking about : if the WH jumps, he puts a stun, and during stun the sorc can't use meltdown or burnout. BW/Sorc are really squishy, so they have all chances to die before they could use anything, even with a not good WH/WE.
When a choppa/slayer gets a knockdown at full rage without guard, he normally gets also raped.
Also the game is not balanced around "when class x hits class y, then...". With that argumentation, you will find always a class that beats you in a specific situation.
And btw, heal doesn't really help against burst. It's damage mitigation/avoidance (e.g. defense stats, guard, morales, etc.). Heal is just the secondary part that keeps you alive in this situations.
Last edited by Luth on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#55 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Telen wrote:Then DONT sit on 100 combustion. You aren't meant too. Thats why the mechanic isn't working. They were never meant to stay at 100 and have twice the dps of other rdps. If you do you pay for that huge dps bonus by putting yourself in danger.

They are so squishy and you wanna make them hurt less ? According to you, it seems like they can kill everything, but they don't. I play shaman, and I am not afraid at all of a single BW.
Head DB Developer

Telen
Suspended

Post#56 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Lheana wrote:
Telen wrote:Then DONT sit on 100 combustion. You aren't meant too. Thats why the mechanic isn't working. They were never meant to stay at 100 and have twice the dps of other rdps. If you do you pay for that huge dps bonus by putting yourself in danger.

They are so squishy and you wanna make them hurt less ? According to you, it seems like they can kill everything, but they don't. I play shaman, and I am not afraid at all of a single BW.
To quote the warhammer devs

Telenn wrote…
The bw/sorc mechanic was never meant to sit at 100 constantly. They were meant to use the meltdown. But with healing and endgame gear they can stay at 100 with inflated dps. Same as the dok/wp mechanic with constant healing from the backlines is broken and the shaman/am cast reduction mechanic is broken.

They were nice ideas, a caster that self harms and has to manage its damage bonus, a melee healer that has to attack to charge its heals and a caster that weaves between heal and dps for maximum effect.

Devs response...
Yes. Yes. Also, yes. How right you are.

So yes the mechanics are broken from the mythic devs own mouths.

Azarael

Post#57 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:38 pm

I really hope this game is not based on a personal opinion of one dev, and won't change an important thing like this "healdebuff" only with a personal opinion :|
Of course it isn't based on the personal opinion of me or any other dev. When I engage in these discussions I do so as a player. It's in my signature. My opinion does not represent the direction that Return of Reckoning will take.

With that said...

I'm not noticing a wealth of great arguments from the BW/Sorc camp. You're basically saying that a heal debuff would actually be a major risk to you. Well, great, so it should be. I don't take the point about WH/WE jumps either - if you want to stay at 100 Combustion or DM, that should be a calculated risk which you and your group deal with together. If you don't have a motive to dump your Combustion, the exact same problem of a "burst" class doing ridiculous sustained DPS remains. Something has to give.

Also, reducing the entire discussion to the isolated example of WH versus Sorc or WE versus BW in a vacuum is theorycraft at its finest.

EDIT: As stated in Telen's post, the developers themselves acknowledged that this mechanic was broken. That's Word of God for me.

Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#58 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:41 pm

BW/Sorc are so squishy, if you take their damages, you make the class useless. According to me, there is not problem with BW/Sorc, they hurt but it's possible to resist them, and they are enough easy to kill.

Being a good BW/Sorc, hard to kill and that hurts, is not easy at all. I don't know many good BW/Sorc.
Head DB Developer

Ads
Azarael

Post#59 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Nobody said anything about taking their damage. They just cannot be allowed to have such massive damage without a tradeoff. Right now that tradeoff doesn't exist, and the devs themselves acknowledged that.

Luth

Post#60 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 pm

I can't see why bw/sorc are squishier then other rDPS on a completely working RoR server.