Recent Topics

Ads

Best Order Class for aoe pve farming mobs

Let's talk about... everything else
Amarach

Best Order Class for aoe pve farming mobs

Post#1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:12 pm

I want to farm mobs on a butcher alt.

So aoe dps, tankiness and some self heals all required.

I'm thinking either WP or Rune priest.

Anyone got another suggestion?

Ads
szejoza

Re: Best Order Class for aoe pve farming mobs

Post#2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:14 pm

engi with keg works good as well, rp and engi can be considered the 2 best for the job
Spoiler:

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:17 pm

WP I would say is better if you want to be a healer and farm alt. RP suffers from a lack of AoE damage abilities from a speed standpoint, sure you can survive a boat load of mobs but killing them will take awhile compared to an Engineer or a WP (from my admittedly limited experience playing one). Engineer is also very good, especially when you get to lvl 25-30 and get the keg and some other stuff. Slayer can also lay down the aoe damage but lacks a good self heal and is tricky to solo as until lvl 40 and being geared.

Just my 2 cents
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 pm

WP would be the king of order farming. Slayer in a super parry build is pretty good too though. But WPs can farm groups or champs entirely solo with zero downtime. Engis seem ok, but it’s never seemed as quick or efficient.

On destro side Zealot is the mob champion.... RP’s rune of battle is just too long of a cast, and too much CD for farming. But you can do it. I mobbed my RP from 34-40 solo way back when on RoR.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Engineer with 4.2k+ armor/40ish+parry/keg is easily the best class in the game for AoE leveling.

dansari

Post#6 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:59 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Engineer with 4.2k+ armor/40ish+parry/keg is easily the best class in the game for AoE leveling.
Bingo. Engy for butchering, WP for scavenging
<Salt Factory>

Fallenkezef

Post#7 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 pm

When I ran a Slayer he was a butcher. I used a RoA build with the tactics that kept you in the red and healed while in the red.

For pve it worked very well. Plenty of aoe with flurry and wild swing with RoA to top up health and the tactic healed nice after the kills for less downtime.

Problrm is it's a great farm build but you need rank 40 for it.
Alea iacta est

Dabbart

Post#8 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Engineer with 4.2k+ armor/40ish+parry/keg is easily the best class in the game for AoE leveling.
As I have never played an Engi, what lvl is that attainable from? WP solo grinding opens up at lvl 30, but is doable from rank 5ish. Zealot is 24 to start, and 31(i think) for full capability.

Obviously, at 40/40+ nearly any class can farm, respawn rate is most often the largest limiter in mob/hour
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:28 pm

RP just destroys every other class when it comes to PVE farming atm.

You need to be rank 37. But you are pretty much unkilleble even if you accidently pulls a champ. Here is the build.

RoR.builders - Runepriest

Gather how many NPC's you want up. Use Rune of Sundering to knock em down.
While they are KD'd channel Rune of Battle then Rotate between Rune of Cleaving/Rune of might as they come of CD. The lifetap from Efficent Runecarving makes you unkilleible.

With CD on RoB be lowered to 20 sec rather then 60 and the tactic to lower the CD on your PVE KD makes this really consistant.
You're killing 9 npc every 20 sec,
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 pm

As soon as you get the armor tactic and the keg, to be honest, so fairly early on.