Recent Topics

Ads

X Realm Cooldown

Let's talk about... everything else
diedrake

Re: X Realm Cooldown

Post#21 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Hey Hargrim, it might work idk, but i dont see that as incentive either. Zerg side may get less rr but still lock zones back to back for that free bag posibility while losing side says why bother. Would eventually lead to locking empty zones and then no one would get bag rolls. At that point players will have 2 options log, or switch sides. To those that prefer one side they will log for the evening or just not play in the lakes.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
dirnsterer

Post#22 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:38 pm

szejoza wrote:treat xrealmers as 3rd faction willing to change sides on a whim

problem solved!
Just plop them in game RvR tagged for both sides.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#23 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Maybe players would be more likely to hop from larger side to smaller side if they didn't lose all of their previous contributions that was earned overs hours of roaming or fighting as a result of changing chars.
I mean I cannot say for certain, but personally it feels somewhat demotivating to hop sides and start again from zero, so you just stick whatever you picked, or if you notice lack of enemies to kill and enemy has massive AAO, log off.
Did they before?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 pm

diedrake wrote:Hey Hargrim, it might work idk, but i dont see that as incentive either. Zerg side may get less rr but still lock zones back to back for that free bag posibility while losing side says why bother. Would eventually lead to locking empty zones and then no one would get bag rolls. At that point players will have 2 options log, or switch sides. To those that prefer one side they will log for the evening or just not play in the lakes.
You already have bigger chance for bag on realm with AAO.

Akalukz

Post#25 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 pm

I thought they took that out Hargrim? What about increased damage or healing (probably the best) or damage taken scaling on AAO while in specific region. Keep lord room, BO's etc. Very localized. Not necessarily buffs on the heals skills or healers, but on the amount you are healed for. Tie to certain factors, must be in an open warband or something.
-= Agony =-

Hargrim
Developer

Post#26 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Well, if you got a penalty on zerging realm and no penalty on underdog your chance is bigger to win the bag, yes?

Bonus for pop was tested on live and turned out it was bad idea AFAIK.

diedrake

Post#27 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Hargrim wrote:
diedrake wrote:Hey Hargrim, it might work idk, but i dont see that as incentive either. Zerg side may get less rr but still lock zones back to back for that free bag posibility while losing side says why bother. Would eventually lead to locking empty zones and then no one would get bag rolls. At that point players will have 2 options log, or switch sides. To those that prefer one side they will log for the evening or just not play in the lakes.
You already have bigger chance for bag on realm with AAO.
Oh ok, thats what i thought :/ i didnt know if lack of carrot on a stick was serious comment or not, my bad.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

sogeou

Post#28 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Hargrim wrote:Well, if you got a penalty on zerging realm and no penalty on underdog your chance is bigger to win the bag, yes?

Bonus for pop was tested on live and turned out it was bad idea AFAIK.

How does the zerging realm chance effect the other side? Are you saying a zone lock will have 10 gold bags and since they are zerging they might get 2 while the other 8 goes to the other side? Or you just saying if zerging side has a 2% chance vs the default side getting zerged of 10%, which results to a bigger chance.

Also, how was the bonus roll for the lower pop a bad idea... can you elaborate on that?

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#29 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:08 pm

evil evil xrealmerzzzzzz . ,,, ,, .. we should ban dem ,,., .. .. ,

Rodek

Post#30 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm

It's kind of interesting if you look at the realm stats. T1 looks to have more destro, at least right now it's right near 60% destro. Part of the contributing factor could be right now more people are playing an alt so we don't see them in T4.

The X-realm thing was an issue on live and I don't know as there is a silver bullet for it. Short of limiting a login ID to one side or the other and that still doesn't solve the multiple accounts possibility.

Perhaps there is a way to monitor people that ride the zerg by switching Order>Destro and vice versa and then impacting them with a 0 XP/Renown earned for the first 2 hours of play? To me this seems a way to slay the whole "ride the zerg" mentality. It might be to hard to implement I have no idea about coding, I'm just a network guy.