Recent Topics

Ads

Keep ranking?

Let's talk about... everything else
Raggaz

Keep ranking?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Is the keep ranking system working as intended?

It seems incredibly slow to rank up a keep. Once you get to 3stars it seems to take forever.
If you somehow manage to build the keep to rank 4, whick takes like an hour with 4bos held? Then if you lose 1/2 BOs and within 2minutes the keep is deranked to base 3 stars.

Why does it take so long? Why does losing stars happen so fast in comparison?
Is it suppose to take an hour to rank up a keep, just sitting on BOs?

Ads
diedrake

Re: Keep ranking?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Well two ways of taking a zone. Rank 5 keep plus all bos, or enemy keep plus 3 bos to lock. When it was first introduced there was a few zones that would lock in 8 to 11 mins from rank 0 to rank 5.

I think its working as intended... Mabe? Because now its prov faster and more cgance of a bag if kill the lord.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Raggaz

Post#3 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:31 pm

And also if the outer door is destroyed the keep stays in an "attacked" state, even if the enemy isnt attacking. Which prevents Draw timer.

So the BOs take forever to rank the keep to 5star and the keep stays in a permanent state preventing a draw lock. Havnt seen a 5stars in months? And now zones are becoming stalemate because once outer is down, no kind of progress anywhere can be made.
Until one side obviously outnumbers the other.

A lot of great changes were made, but they arnt happening as they once did.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Raggaz wrote:A lot of great changes were made, but they arnt happening as they once did.
Sorry, I picked WFB miniature painting instead of codding in spare time. Priorities and all.

diedrake

Post#5 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:05 pm

But... But... Hargrim, i thought your playing your white lion on your freetime :D
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

dirnsterer

Post#6 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sorry, I picked WFB miniature painting instead of codding in spare time. Priorities and all.
Hmmm, from coding stuff for a dead game you instead start painting miniatures for dead miniatures game. Seems legit! :idea:

Akalukz

Post#7 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Raggaz wrote:A lot of great changes were made, but they arnt happening as they once did.
Sorry, I picked WFB miniature painting instead of codding in spare time. Priorities and all.

This made me laugh, thanks. I needed it today.

Ranking / Door repair does seem somewhat off. Couple that with rubberbanding Lords and zones can get pretty stale. I know you guys are working on things!
-= Agony =-

diedrake

Post#8 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Its not a dead game, plus those minitures are GREAT for D&D :D
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:03 pm

diedrake wrote:Its not a dead game, plus those minitures are GREAT for D&D :D
I play that too, but use mostly Pathfinder pawns.

Raggaz

Post#10 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:07 am

Akalukz wrote:
Ranking / Door repair does seem somewhat off. Couple that with rubberbanding Lords and zones can get pretty stale. I know you guys are working on things!
The inactive draw timer should only happen if a door or the lord is under attack. Right now draw timer just stops once outer is down and this is whats causing it to drag out.
If a realm is actively keeping players off the door/lord, the draw timer should continue.
The draw timer was changed when order had both doors down, but could not get inside to kill the lord. They whined about it, so it was changed.
Technically the draw timer should have happened, because order could not get inside to hit lord.

The rate at wich BOs generate resources is painfully slow. Its very difficult to level the keep based on the rate resources is gained, unless a dominant force is in the zone. No more 5star locks.
The rate at which resources is lost is in the same state as generation, only it happens too quickly.

These are the things that are adding to zones taking forever again and becoming very stale. Increase BO resource generation, decrease BO resource loss. Change draw timer to only apply if door/lord is being hit.
This will help make things flow more smoothly once again.