Recent Topics

Ads

Character 3D model capture for 3D printing?

Let's talk about... everything else
dorite

Re: Character 3D model capture for 3D printing?

Post#21 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Did anyone ever share the models?

Ads
space44

Post#22 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:26 am

need something easier to use like WoW model viewer but for Warhammer online
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

iagdtod

Post#23 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:44 am

I have disassembled the chosen into probably too many parts (25) as it is too complex to print as it is in the post I did above. I don't have access to a 3d printer atm and will print it and glue it together I hope soon. Here's what some of the pieces look like: https://imgur.com/a/tAfp7rM

It's luck whether you find a char model. I've looked at a few files and found the Chosen and the female wh. These are only the statues you see in the cities, finding your own char model is not something I've worked out and I'm not sure it's possible. If you're looking then the .nif files around 150-200kb size in ART2 folder once extracted using EASYMYP seems to be about where they are. If you find one, just look closely as the chosenI found were half enclosed in a kind of bucket container.

If anyone wants the .blend or .stl files for the chosen let me know.
Deleuze Chosen

dorite

Post#24 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Kathias wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:49 pm To be honest, I didn't manage to convert the .geom files to any usable format, so I gave up after that for now. I'd also expect these three issues with them:

1. From what I could find, there is no easy way to adjust the position of the character models, so they'd be most likely stuck in the default T pose with stretched arms and I don't like that. The best workaround I have now is to go with the statues of the playable classes (all but greenskins are available).
2. Similar to the bust I've already adjusted, I'd expect there to be a lot of hollow parts and surfaces with basically 0 thickness (such as capes, hair etc.) that are in the game only visible due to their textures, but you need to either remove them or make them thicker to make a successful print. I don't have almost any experience in 3D design, so it's quite hard for me to do it.
3. I generally find it much more difficult to print characters due to all the thin parts and overhangs, which would need a lot of supports and can easily break off, so I'm sticking with the buildings until I have more experience :)

mixamo can help you pose it.

iagdtod

Post#25 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Got a way to go but first try at printing a chosen (the statue from IC). Here's the blade. This was only a test, the very first print from a new printer. Lots of experiments to do but looking more possible to print at least those statues (sorry Greenskins). https://imgur.com/Rd3PhI2
Deleuze Chosen

iagdtod

Post#26 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:03 pm

And printed chosen, still bit rough. Need to work out horns for the head and smother textures but ready to paint. https://imgur.com/Y5TB4NM
Deleuze Chosen

Garrus

Post#27 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:23 am

Guys just use Ninjaripper. It's far more popular, and the new 3d version let's you rip models mid animation, as in their poses stay. Also far easier to identify objects considering there is a log made after rip which tells you what's what. Just need a ninjaripper addon for blender

ChicagoJoe

Post#28 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:12 pm

iagdtod wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:03 pm And printed chosen, still bit rough. Need to work out horns for the head and smother textures but ready to paint. https://imgur.com/Y5TB4NM
This looks pretty cool. I haven't gotten as far. As the guy posted about Ninjaripper, I was going to try that and pay some 3D printer service to print rather than me buy a low end 3D printer and not really use it.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
iagdtod

Post#29 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:59 am

Thanks for the tip about ninja ripper. Only had a chance to look at it very quickly and it doesn't immediately load but haven't had a chance to explore it. Would be excellent if it works. If anyone makes ninja ripper work, please add tips here.

And @ChicagoJoe I have the files for the chosen and the model for the female wh statues if you want to play with them.
Deleuze Chosen

Cernunnos

Post#30 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:40 pm

Spoiler:
On the topic of ninjaripper it seems to be the perfect tool for the job. However, one cannot run War.exe with it, due to needing the patcher, and it does not seem to want to run the patcher giving out an error (and I don't know if it will latch unto the client from the patcher anyway).

Has anybody actually gotten it working?
Edit: After about half an hour of tinkering I've figured it out. You need to delete the d3d9.dll in the main RoR folder, run NinjaRipper in Dx9 wrapper mode pointed at the launcher, when the launcher runs the game the wrapper will carry over, then you can grab things.

Now, to figure out these wonky importer addons that don't seem to have been updated for years and/or pay for the latest ninjaripper... :|