Recent Topics

Ads

'Ow ta do tings all Orcy like

Let's talk about... everything else
bertinrow

'Ow ta do tings all Orcy like

Post#1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:47 pm

So I've finally decided to just remain on my Black Orc, and with that I have some questions to fellow Black Orc players. Generally, when it comes to addon's, which would you say are essential for a BO player? I've already been told about PlanB, haven't tried it yet but if it works as described, it'll be amazing. Also, any tips any BO Veterans could share would be much appreciated. As for build, my BO is only lvl 15 so I only have 3 mastery points which I put in the Da' Toughest tree. Much later down the road, I'd like to play a high lvl 2h BO but I know that is far off so I'm going not going to worry about that til later.

I also have a more general question, at lvl 15, how much should I worry about my RR? I've read somewhere that you should try and have you CL and RR somewhat equal to each other but am unsure.

Again, any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Ads
Foomy44

Re: 'Ow ta do tings all Orcy like

Post#2 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Everyone should have Enemy and Buffhead addons installed IMO. I got my last alt to 40 at rr16 and ~3 days later I was rr41, IMO keeping RR same as your level is more trouble than it's worth, you will catch up plenty fast in t4 and trying to keep your RR high will slow down your leveling immensly if you are trying to do it fast since PvE gives vastly more exp for your time than pvp sadly.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Mystry
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 am

I have an SM and the only addon I have is Guard Enhancement System, and the only reason I have that is so I can monitor my guard targets HP and there's a little icon above their head to see where they are.

I have no clue how to use Enemy or Buffhead so I don't use them. The few times I installed them they blasted my UI with a ton of seemingly pointless **** that I couldn't figure out how to turn off. GES worked from the start with zero tinkering required, and I am a moronic brainlet when it comes to actually setting up addons.

Also I would be very interested to know where you powerleveled your alt at Foomy, because I have no idea where to go for actually leveling anything, I usually just do it through scenario XP. Dunno how you managed to get that much renown that quickly too.

Toldavf

Post#4 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:04 am

plan b is amazing :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Foomy44

Post#5 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:09 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 am I have an SM and the only addon I have is Guard Enhancement System, and the only reason I have that is so I can monitor my guard targets HP and there's a little icon above their head to see where they are.

I have no clue how to use Enemy or Buffhead so I don't use them. The few times I installed them they blasted my UI with a ton of seemingly pointless **** that I couldn't figure out how to turn off. GES worked from the start with zero tinkering required, and I am a moronic brainlet when it comes to actually setting up addons.

Also I would be very interested to know where you powerleveled your alt at Foomy, because I have no idea where to go for actually leveling anything, I usually just do it through scenario XP. Dunno how you managed to get that much renown that quickly too.
FYI Enemy does the same thing with letting you track your guard target, but also lets you mark anyone else you want in differing colors so you can keep track of WB leader, your healer, priority kill targets, etc. Very useful if just for being able to follow your WB leader better. Buffhead is a must especially for a tank with CC mostly because it let's you know when your target is CC immune, it's useful for tracking all buffs/debuffs in general but that one in particular is extremely important IMO. Very worth learning these 2.

For Enemy you can disable stuff by click on the target looking button that gets added to your minimap border, then configuration. I disable almost everything except the guard feature, group icons which puts mini icons above groupmates so I know where/what they are at all times, and a different warband UI (I disable the standard one by going into the regular layout editor and hiding everything party/WB related)

Buffhead I don't believe comes with too much UI clutter by default. You can make everything smaller so the icons don't cover much up, and set buffs/debuffs to display only on your current target to clear more clutter if ya want. The shield buff means your target can't get KD/disable/silenced/disarmed/staggered and the one that looks like a chain means they can't be knocked back or rooted.

I always level thru solo PvE, grouping might be faster but I'm a solo player at heart cuz my connection sucks so can't be a reliable teammate. I find a spot where there's enough mobs for me to pull 1 at a time without me running out of targets before they start to respawn. Setup a Nerfed Button rotation that can handle the mobs and pull them with 1 button, then basically just watch shows all day on half my screen while spamming rotation on mobs on the other half, finding a new spot every 4-5 levels or so. Lot of people say PQs are fast but in my experience the travel time between mobs/objectives + waiting for the PQ to reset and having to share exp with people you might not be expecting isn't worth it over this (plus being able to watch stuff instead of paying attention to the insanely boring PvE combat is the only thing that saves my sanity thru these grind days). It's boring and I imagine there's faster ways if you are willing to put in more effort, AoE farming for example or grouping probably, but it's fast enough and works for me. As my signature shows I'm an altoholic (they are all +40RR) and there is no way I could have this many leveled toons if I tried to do it all through normal RvR/SCs IMO, just too slow and I would lose motivation hard in the middle tiers. Everyclass has a different ideal enemy setup I find, some wanna solo champions, some can easily handle groups of mobs even attacking just 1 at a time like this, some you really gotta find the right spot with weak enough guys to not overwhelm you and force you to get out of combat to heal up which will rly slow you down. This Choppa got a lot easier once I could slot the self heal tactic at 17. Always level parry ASAP and focus on self healing masteries. O yeah, this was the first toon I've leveled since RvR changes, that boat BO in nordland seemed to give crazy good exp+renown, go sit on that whenever you can in T1.

After I hit 32 and can join t4 SCs the renown comes in pretty fast in my experience. Lot of it might be luck, you get in a good SC/WB that happens to kill a bunch of high RR targets real quick and you can easily gain a level or close to it from that 1 fight. I've gotten 14,000 renown from 1 kill before, pretty sure you get a nice boost to all renown while under 40 cuz I never see that on my higher alts. Keep renown pots on 24/7.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 am

Buffhead is absolutely essential. I would go one further and say that Aura is, too.

bertinrow

Post#7 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 am

Is there a why to configure buffhead? Is there a way to disable your buffs over your head?

DokB

Post#8 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:32 am

bertinrow wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 am Is there a why to configure buffhead? Is there a way to disable your buffs over your head?
/buffhead
Go to trackers
Tracker->Friendly/Hostile/Group/Self
Toggle around with each setting to whatever suits
Make sure you look through the Always Ignore/Always Show list and add skill ID's that you can find in the buffhead addon thread such as guards/heal debuffs/morals etc.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
bertinrow

Post#9 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am

Awesome, thanks :)

Hey, you play Zoggof, Norkalli was telling me about you the other day, is there any addons you would suggest that I may not have?

DokB

Post#10 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 am

Nah, Buffhead/Enemy (or GES) is all you really need for tanking.
Definitely check out Aura like peter said as well. https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/aura/
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard