Recent Topics

Ads

New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

Re: New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Post#41 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:16 pm

sancra wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:14 pm
Glorian wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 pm At a draw both sides get a reward.
The same one ?
I missed something, sorry.
I need to find the point in one of the patchnotes from month ago.
If a zone runs into a draw it is determined by random who really locks the zone.

Both sides get Renown and their Bag Rolls.

Ads
sancra

Post#42 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Oh fantistic, thank you so much, this is an excellent news.

Grobbok

Post#43 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 pm

can someone explain to me why this bugged piece of sh. is so important to be in keep? I mean HERO. Ppl just waste time trying kill still reseting NPC, after few hours they kill him or give up. Everything on rvr till hero fight is ok. But do we really need this stupid, boring, bugged hero fight in keep? Is it so important? There is 9 zones in t4 and another 12 in t2-t3, enough for having more fight around then boring siege for 2-4 hours in one place.
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Rydiak

Post#44 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Well for one point it doesn't have to be boring. I think the Lord's absolutely incredible HP pool is what makes it boring. There isn't much sense of urgency on the defender's part when a Lord fight is going to take a half-hour, not including any resets, and attackers are burdened with a long static grind. A large reduction of the Lord's HP pool could assist greatly, though too low and you risk defending a Lord becoming impossible.

For the second point the Lord is integral to the design of ORvR, and I'd dare say without a Lord of some form the ORvR game isn't the same. Again, the mechanic shouldn't be frustrating and static, but the devs here have put in a lot of work to alleviate the issues.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Hargrim
Developer

Post#45 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Grobbok wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 pm can someone explain to me why this bugged piece of sh. is so important to be in keep? I mean HERO. Ppl just waste time trying kill still reseting NPC, after few hours they kill him or give up. Everything on rvr till hero fight is ok. But do we really need this stupid, boring, bugged hero fight in keep? Is it so important? There is 9 zones in t4 and another 12 in t2-t3, enough for having more fight around then boring siege for 2-4 hours in one place.

So what is bugged now exactly? Or this is just shitposting, bitching and complaining without having a smallest clue, as always?

Rodek

Post#46 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:47 pm

The biggest problem with keep lord fights is not the lord at all. It's the tanks who run in there without threat tactics on. If you roll a sword and board tank do your job, your not a killer your a meatshield. The tanks who do run with correct tactics have ZERO issue with threat. Not to get lumped into shitposting but it's a learn2playyourclass and has absolutely nothing to do with Hargrim.

We were downing keep lords in about 15-20 minutes this past weekend. Is it still a shade long if trying to push a Fortress? Maybe. But until we have said Fortresses there's no way to tell and I personally don't want to see RoR turn into the loot mill that WoW is. Anyone advocating for the removal of keep lords needs to find a different game because they've completely forgotten what Warhammer was about.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#47 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:56 pm

For me personally the 10-15 minutes for killing the lord if there is no interuption would be the sweet spot, but we will see.

Rydiak

Post#48 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:56 pm For me personally the 10-15 minutes for killing the lord if there is no interuption would be the sweet spot, but we will see.
That would be totally ideal. Plenty of time to mount a counter-push for the defenders, but without the mindless 30 minute grind for the attackers.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
dansari

Post#49 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:56 pm For me personally the 10-15 minutes for killing the lord if there is no interuption would be the sweet spot, but we will see.
Absolutely. That's the ideal scenario.
<Salt Factory>

anarchypark

Post#50 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am

there were PvD when lord die too fast.
Defenders gave up to form grp, aiming next zone, abandoning current one.
100aao both door down? it was too late to head to keep.

thx to lord fight, now PvP is guaranteed.
there are plenty of time to counter attack.
few losers still refuse to fight for 'don't feed them'. except that RvR is much better.
and reset is fixed.

keep lord is mechanic for more PvP.
call it PvE means you don't know game.

@OP: that xrealmer should be punished. but your wb shouldn't give him the chance at first place. get out and kill enemy. keep is bad idea w/o tank grp.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)