Recent Topics

Ads

New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Let's talk about... everything else
RuffRyder

Re: New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Post#31 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am

Hargrim wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:05 am It scales with pop, the less people the easier to kill he is. If zone is empty it can take around 10 minutes for a 6 man to kill the lord, I think?
Seems more than fair, so theoretically everyone can take a keep no matter what time zone and population it is, but the truth mostly consists of ppl afking in spawn or at BOs, thus not everyone fighting lord who is actually in the zone, plus enemies trying to enter keep, plus whatever... There are times when you have 2 WBs with nearly no enemies and get the lord down in like 15 minutes, while it can take double the time (even without a reset) with more fighting at keep, like in EU prime, when resets occur more often. Overall it's not the system's fault, but the player's and missing coordination's.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#32 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 am

RvR is in state where no more big reworks will be done by me, just some fine tuning.

That means that the only way I will be going is forward, the forts and city fights. If someone want to build something from ground up, go ahead and do that.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#33 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:04 am

delcon wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:23 am Have the dev team ever thought of the gw2 mechanic for capture , with a radius ring that you have to control for x amount
May be start at 600 seconds of total control ticking down till ring is broken ,
Or if possible maybe rings on the different floors with different timers ,?
Not for keep no, the lords are a system that works (albeit with some issues as some people dont play it as they should), and a system that is somewhat unique and adds a big use for the tank archetype in the middle of rvr.

Removing keep lords wont add anything to the game, ofc the lords may need some tuning/adjustment but Im very much against the notion of removing the lords, that is a core part of the RvR game.

sancra

Post#34 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:10 am In 2 separate zones now and multiple times in those zones I have seen a particular order guild very obviously abuse the new lord mechanic by having a destro player run upstairs and pull lord down on the rest of destro trying to hold off order from coming in downstairs. No one was on lord in any instance, just 1 destro player runs up the stairs, taps lord, immediately runs back down, and then order pours in the postern a moment later with their buffed lord helping them wipe destro. I watched the player do it the last time because I knew it was gonna happen since the order guild was zerging outside postern, and sure enough one player beelines it for lord via small stairs, throws 1 ranged attack, and runs right back down followed by order wiping us. It was extremely obvious his actions were intentional. Real unfun. No GM online, reported player through CSM appeal, not calling anyone out here, but it would be great if there was some way to prevent this in a more permanent manner than hoping that guy gets banned eventually and order is nice enough not to roll another toon to do it with.
Hello,

Confirmed, sadly, I've seen this today.
Maybe adding a feature for attackers to close the door (or build a barricade), with some kind of resources, can help. So the order will have the opportunity to attack the door with a ram, etc. IMHO I feel this better than having lord resets/abuse.

Regards

biqbox

Post#35 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:21 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 am
szejoza wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:25 am Well, that might be the issue here, if you are in enemy keep your job is to kill lord, not sit comfortably and farm weaker force. You can treat it as an exploit but tbh its the same as sneaking and using oil while opposing force is on lord. Its a mechanic that exsists and well, the lord is trying to defend his keep
No, that is clearly someone abusing a flaw in the programing. IMO it's worthy of a temp ban considering the guy's motives and number of times he has allegedly done it.

Defending the bottom is pretty common during NA prime time because neither side has enough players to take out the keep lord, since, as far as I know, he doesn't scale in difficulty depending on the population. It takes so long to take him out and he does so much damage that a small group can easily wipe the attackers- so neither side tries and instead try to hold the bottom floor in hopes that more people will log on.
I always felt that lord HP is insanely high. So high that it makes for less fun gameplay actually. The rewards for breaking the doors and the defense is to merc the Lord and get the keep. There is even a prevention from getting loot if there are too few players defending so I don't really see the issue with lowering Lord HP significantly.

RuffRyder

Post#36 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Spoiler:
biqbox wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:21 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:05 am
szejoza wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:25 am Well, that might be the issue here, if you are in enemy keep your job is to kill lord, not sit comfortably and farm weaker force. You can treat it as an exploit but tbh its the same as sneaking and using oil while opposing force is on lord. Its a mechanic that exsists and well, the lord is trying to defend his keep
No, that is clearly someone abusing a flaw in the programing. IMO it's worthy of a temp ban considering the guy's motives and number of times he has allegedly done it.

Defending the bottom is pretty common during NA prime time because neither side has enough players to take out the keep lord, since, as far as I know, he doesn't scale in difficulty depending on the population. It takes so long to take him out and he does so much damage that a small group can easily wipe the attackers- so neither side tries and instead try to hold the bottom floor in hopes that more people will log on.
I always felt that lord HP is insanely high. So high that it makes for less fun gameplay actually. The rewards for breaking the doors and the defense is to merc the Lord and get the keep. There is even a prevention from getting loot if there are too few players defending so I don't really see the issue with lowering Lord HP significantly.
Problem is, that taking a keep is the most important step for taking the whole zone, since I have not seen 5-star-locks for the past months now. The reward you get is the zone lock, because I also rarely have seen a realm taking back a lost keep / ruin and having any real chance afterwards, while 3 BOs are rather quickly held.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Rydiak

Post#37 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:42 pm

"The Lord" is definitely a key component of WAR/ROR's RvR mechanic, and should stay as is. Nothing is wrong with the core mechanic. That said, I agree the Lord's health is annoyingly high, and thus makes resets (especially after a long grind down to single digit HP percentages) that much more painful. Cutting the Lord's HP even in half would likely be fine. It would create urgency for the defenders to try and retake the keep sooner than the usual half-hour Lord fight, and would make the Lord grind more manageable.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

sancra

Post#38 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:45 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm
Problem is, that taking a keep is the most important step for taking the whole zone, since I have not seen 5-star-locks for the past months now. The reward you get is the zone lock, because I also rarely have seen a realm taking back a lost keep / ruin and having any real chance afterwards, while 3 BOs are rather quickly held.
I agree, and random locks are so demotivating, you are fighting for a zone for 5h, dominating but not enough to lock and then the reward go to the other side. In such a case, as it's a status quo and this happens often, the reward should go to both sides, for attackers' initiative and defenders' resistance.

Ads
Glorian

Post#39 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 pm

At a draw both sides get a reward.

sancra

Post#40 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Glorian wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 pm At a draw both sides get a reward.
The same one ?
I missed something, sorry.