Re: New lord too easy to abuse for crossrealmers

Post#22 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:04 am

Hargrim wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:51 am

What new meta?

1) Clear the keep
2) Tank the lord at middle floor
3) ????
4) Profit

The main issue here is that you chose not to fight the lord and hold aggro on him. Someone doing stupid stuff is an afterthought to your refusal of playing the objective.

(Where you /your / yours - the realm you are on)
We don't always have the numbers to field a 6man of 40s upstairs. I wish I always had a premade 6man I could pull out of my pocket but that's not the case. This is my fault now rly? The crossrealming isn't an issue at all, just my own refusal to be good, gotcha thx for clearing that up. Sorry for trying to bring light to a perceived issue, my bad.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

catholicism198

Post#23 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:04 am

Hargrim wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:51 am
The main issue here is that you chose not to fight the lord and hold aggro on him. Someone doing stupid stuff is an afterthought to your refusal of playing the objective.
It's not that we/they are refusing to play the objective, it's that taking out the KL isn't possible when there are fewer players on....so instead people knock down the door and try to concentrate the action in one area.

szejoza

Post#24 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 am

So you are saying you purposefully lure weaker realm to the keep to farm them and whine that keep lord spoils the fun ? x)

*just pulling your leg here, no offense :D *
Spoiler:

catholicism198

Post#25 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:14 am

szejoza wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 am So you are saying you purposefully lure weaker realm to the keep to farm them and whine that keep lord spoils the fun ? x)

*just pulling your leg here, no offense :D *
For the most part, the numbers are actually pretty balanced at that time. It's not uncommon for the side with aao to be on the offense/holding the bottom floor. The game is really fun when one zone is jam packed with 300 people.

szejoza

Post#26 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:22 am

Yeah, I know what you are talking about, I'm mainly EU primetime player so its always plenty of players running around but I've played in NA timezone for a couple of times and it usually was all about roaming and small skirmishes rather than zerg vs zerg as EU usually is.

But imo this system is still better than previous one, and people being dicks is another story (and you don't need xrealmer for that, one officious guy that badly wants to take down lord can pull him down to 'force' his realm into fighting him)
Spoiler:

Kaori1

Post#27 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 am

How long would it actually take to 6man a keep lord? Does it scale off of population?

sioding
Game Master

Post#28 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:57 am

Kaori1 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 am How long would it actually take to 6man a keep lord? Does it scale off of population?
Try it?
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#29 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:05 am

It scales with pop, the less people the easier to kill he is. If zone is empty it can take around 10 minutes for a 6 man to kill the lord, I think?

delcon

Post#30 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:23 am

For 18 guild players group taking a t2 Empire keep lord took 38 minutes ,
No resistance and no resets ,

For 6 people over an hr I would guess ,

I personally don’t like the keep lord fights but their better than the last version , but you don’t know what you don’t know so it’s good to try stuff , keep ruin was a great idea though imo ,

Have the dev team ever thought of the gw2 mechanic for capture , with a radius ring that you have to control for x amount
May be start at 600 seconds of total control ticking down till ring is broken ,
Or if possible maybe rings on the different floors with different timers ,?