Recent Topics

Ads

RvR overview

Let's talk about... everything else
Raggaz

RvR overview

Post#1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Just wondering on others take on the RvR system, any thoughts or opinions? Maybe we can help to give some feedback on what is/isnt working.

The BO system needs adjusting. It was created to 'disperse the zerg'.
But now the zerg just ignores BOs, there is very little emphasis on BOs except when oneside out numbers the other. You get BOs when youre done running around wasting time and have the numbers to do it.
This is more of an issue in low population hours(NA time).
Even if people hold BOs, 1 wb forms and that WB runs around the map killing whoever was on the BOs.
Holding multiple BOs becomes a huge pain.

Things that could help.
BOs locking, something like 15minutes. This will force players onto certain BOs, it will create a more centralized fighting area. Rather than haphazardly running around.
Right now anything is open, there is no one place to fight. There should be more emphasis on certain areas. BOs locking would create this.

Or totaly eliminate the BO resource drop from losing BOs. Sitting on BOs having a WB come by and eliminate the BO, people hardly go back to the BO and by the time you get back to it all your resource is lost.
RvR feels like a mindless clutter, its just a bunch of people running around. There is no focus on anything, then if you do sit on a BO, a WB comes and wipes you. And then you lose all your resource.

Very few WB fights happen on BOs, they happen in the middle of nowhere when both WBs are looking for other people to gank.
WB fights should take place on BOs. Most fights should take place on BOs, but no one cares about BOs. They just want to find people to gank. The fighting has become chicken vs chicken.
There are too many options on where to be. The only time a core fight happens is during a keep siege, because thats where the majority of players are. BOs should be like little keep fights. BOs have just became an afterthought now.
And the requirements to maintain BOs are too punishing.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: RvR overview

Post#2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Spoiler:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25971&p=294347#p294347
Raggaz wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 am Something needs to be done about this "new" RvR system.

Its just a bunch of zerging around for hours. Getting into 24vs5 situations, running, fleeing, running. Only fighting if youre getting the drop on the otherside.
There needs to be more emphasis on certain points.
Like HAVING TO HOLD CERTAIN PLACES. Having to fight on the BOs.

Right now no one cares about the BOs at all. The only time any BOs are taken is when one side outnumbers the other.
RvR for the past few hours has been two sides zerging around hiding attacking, running, over and over and over.
What happened to BOs locking? Atleast it would force players to be in a specific area. Right now its just a mess. No one cares about protecting anything.
Its just run around gank people run around flee, get in overwhelming odds situations..
Run around some more.

Bring BOs back! MAKE THEM MATTER. So we have a central place to fight. THERE is no fighting happening anymore.
Its just a bunch of running around, hoping to get in a situation where you can surprise the enemy.
You've mentioned this before. In fact, a quick check of your post history brings this up quite a few times... There is more to ORvR than sitting on BOs. This isn't T1 at the Love Boat.

I see fights constantly. Maybe you would too if you spent less time sitting on a BO. If you want a small area with somewhat equal forces to fight over Objectives, then queue for SCs. ORvR people will play how they have fun. Sitting on BOs is boring compared to going looking for a fight for a lot of us.

For the record, do you have a 40/40 yet?

Edit: Also, saying that WBs come to wipe you off the BO is basically stating that yes, Fights do happen on BOs. In fact, taking one quite literally alerts your enemy that "Hey! I'm over here! Come Fight!"
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Talk to me again after next patch.

daniilpb

Post#4 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 pm Talk to me again after next patch.
HYPE
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Rydiak

Post#5 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

CoffeeForAll

Post#6 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 pm

My guess is the re-introduction of resource running.

Rodek

Post#7 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Daniilpb your avatar is awesome.

daniilpb

Post#8 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Rodek wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 pm Daniilpb your avatar is awesome.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Raggaz

Post#9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:36 am

Dabbart wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 pm
Spoiler:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25971&p=294347#p294347
Raggaz wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 am Something needs to be done about this "new" RvR system.

Its just a bunch of zerging around for hours. Getting into 24vs5 situations, running, fleeing, running. Only fighting if youre getting the drop on the otherside.
There needs to be more emphasis on certain points.
Like HAVING TO HOLD CERTAIN PLACES. Having to fight on the BOs.

Right now no one cares about the BOs at all. The only time any BOs are taken is when one side outnumbers the other.
RvR for the past few hours has been two sides zerging around hiding attacking, running, over and over and over.
What happened to BOs locking? Atleast it would force players to be in a specific area. Right now its just a mess. No one cares about protecting anything.
Its just run around gank people run around flee, get in overwhelming odds situations..
Run around some more.

Bring BOs back! MAKE THEM MATTER. So we have a central place to fight. THERE is no fighting happening anymore.
Its just a bunch of running around, hoping to get in a situation where you can surprise the enemy.
You've mentioned this before. In fact, a quick check of your post history brings this up quite a few times... There is more to ORvR than sitting on BOs. This isn't T1 at the Love Boat.

I see fights constantly. Maybe you would too if you spent less time sitting on a BO. If you want a small area with somewhat equal forces to fight over Objectives, then queue for SCs. ORvR people will play how they have fun. Sitting on BOs is boring compared to going looking for a fight for a lot of us.

For the record, do you have a 40/40 yet?

Edit: Also, saying that WBs come to wipe you off the BO is basically stating that yes, Fights do happen on BOs. In fact, taking one quite literally alerts your enemy that "Hey! I'm over here! Come Fight!"

Ive had many 40/40s also youre just responding to get me to respond in rage.
Im not going to feed into your rage bait.

Oh and a fight doesnt consist of 5 vs 24 people.
Ok Bro. If Im still able to post by then :lol:

catholicism198

Post#10 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:57 am

We had 15 minute locks before.

Those weren't any fun.