SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Will we ever see new sets?

Post#12 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:43 pm

I believe the technical reasons are the following, lest someone else correct me:

New BiS RVR needs forts, forts need first the RvR campaign to be finalized into a happy space, then forts need to be created.

PvE sets/weapons/accessories (like we have with Gunbad) will come with the dungeons as they're created and released.

Cosmetic gear/sets, while there are many-a-plenty, mostly have no inventory icons, meaning you can't see them in your bag. This requires everyone's client to be pushed the new files aka client control, and then a process of procurement decided upon and implemented.

The fastest way to see progress is to help the team by play-testing the content that is released and reporting things that appear to be broken on the bugtracker so progress can be made, as well as helping the trial-and-error testing on the dev server when we're doing a round of tests that needs 6/12/24 etc. players to replicate the live environment.

Sedok

Post#13 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:39 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:49 pm RR 100 that give title or unique gear skins can and probably will happen.

Perfect.

Now to figure out which character to stick with...
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

Harkonen
Banned

Post#14 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:05 am

What is the stance of the RoR team in general concerning power creep post Sovereign? They seem to know what they want up until the introduction of Sovereign, but the stat creep is already lesser than on retail (good thing imo). Will you steer more towards horizontal progression? i.e. Sets that are built to counter specific damage types or playstyle? instead of just being flat out more powerful? Will you put more emphasise on the gear set ability (like current 6pc domi/conq bonus) to define playstyles?

Really interesting topic imho.

HissiCNesS

Post#15 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:30 am

riddleout wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:19 am Well there was a ton of random cosmetic items that the game use to have that were just fun little things. Like the C&C red alert 3 commissar hat. give those items out to people who reach certain ranks above RR 80 sounds like a fun reward system.

Speaking of the commissar hat i saw someone in game wearing one. How the hell do you get it right now? My character PapaStalin is in desperate need of it.
I am surprised that no one forced a name-change on you yet?! :O xD
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!