Recent Topics

Ads

Do healing AMs just ignore their mechanic now?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ugle

Re: Do healing AMs just ignore their mechanic now?

Post#21 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 pm

13pt ability under ab.ex was broken as in overperforming I agree. Hence its range was nerfed. What Aza referred to as broken was the instacast castbar stuff (that Arbich explained perfectly) as I understood his post.
inactive

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Azarael wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:01 pm I saw that Bozzax was also accusing me of misimplementing Heaven's Blade and Wrath of Hoeth, so just for the record, they stacked because the client said they should stack.

On ex mode: interesting. It was easier to remove it than nerf lifetap 13pters?
IIRC, current devs said the .ab ex code was too difficult for them to understand and work with, and so they removed it to make way for future changes once client control is under way. I am sure one of them will chime in if asked.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:24 pm

The 13pt leechheals should have been adjusted downwards more in their efficiency, but ITT/BE was interesting way to make the class mechanics actually have a function. I just wish a slight 20-30% reduction in efficiency (dmg done - heals returned adjusted downwards) would have been made instead of nerfing it to oblivion.
But if previously 1-2 out of 5 BE/ITT were Disrupted, now 3-4 out of 5 makes it waste of GCD.

Renork

Post#24 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Azarael wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:01 pm I saw that Bozzax was also accusing me of misimplementing Heaven's Blade and Wrath of Hoeth, so just for the record, they stacked because the client said they should stack.

On ex mode: interesting. It was easier to remove it than nerf lifetap 13pters?
Some things were over performing, but things can be adjusted. In general, everything we do here is test what is being experimented/being implemented until the proper balance is achieved (which we know is nearly impossible in this and every other game out there)

Can....we...bribe you to come back <3 <3?

Arbich
Suspended

Post#25 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:24 pm The 13pt leechheals should have been adjusted downwards more in their efficiency, but ITT/BE was interesting way to make the class mechanics actually have a function. I just wish a slight 20-30% reduction in efficiency (dmg done - heals returned adjusted downwards) would have been made instead of nerfing it to oblivion.
But if previously 1-2 out of 5 BE/ITT were Disrupted, now 3-4 out of 5 makes it waste of GCD.
Hm... don´t know. the 3point tactic (Waagh! Frenzy/Expanded Control) was maybe the most overpowered part of whole .ab ex mode. At least for smallscale. BE/ITT itself was almost undisruptable and was a practically instant heal for at least 2000hp.
The 13point ability was changed countless times in .ab ex mode. Can´t remember exactly, but I think it was going in the right direction shortly before .ab ex was removed.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Azarael

Post#26 » Thu May 03, 2018 4:48 pm

I see. I had assumed the mode had been judged irreparably overpowered and removed on this basis.

I don't think I should come back, no. I'm quite volatile as it stands and don't have much motivation. I don't think it would do much good.

Renork

Post#27 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Azarael wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:48 pm I see. I had assumed the mode had been judged irreparably overpowered and removed on this basis.

I don't think I should come back, no. I'm quite volatile as it stands and don't have much motivation. I don't think it would do much good.
It required more extensive testing and tweaking, but it didn't break the game. You should know there's always gonna be some d-bag that tries to diminish your work, but those people are easy to ignore. You definitely did a LOT for this game and are very missed, so know that at least.

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Azarael wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:48 pm I see. I had assumed the mode had been judged irreparably overpowered and removed on this basis.

For what it's worth, the vast majority of us appreciate all of your endeavors, and it would be nice to see you back. Take care, and come back when/if you're ready, mate.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#29 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Aye, we miss and appreciate your work, Az. Even if you don't come back, know that some strangers on the internet think youre cool :D
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#30 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Glad to see you’re still alive Aza :)