Recent Topics

Ads

Returning player and friends

Let's talk about... everything else
Lobsterkuln

Returning player and friends

Post#1 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:56 am

Hello everyone,

I am a returning player to this game, and in particular to this server. I have four friends of mine that are also interested in joining this server. However their main concern is population, and looking at the recent numbers it seems quite low hovering around 200-500 players. Is there still an interest and population to this game?

Are the devs active? Is it currently worth it at this point and time?

Thank you!

Ads
Darks63

Re: Returning player and friends

Post#2 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:39 am

The devs are very active making patches every Friday. As for pop it is usually low during the NA primetime since the majority of the playerbase is ppl from the EU.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

marisco

Post#3 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:53 am

The game is patched and hotfixed constantly, just take a look at the patch notes @ main page and you'll get an idea of how much work is being put into this project.

As for population, the server is based on europe so the population shifts based on their waking/working/primetime hours. NA has a dedicated bunch of people, but numbers will dip down as it goes further into the night. During the weekends pop easily reaches the thousands, so the low numbers you are seeing are most likely based on the time you are checking them out.

dansari

Post#4 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Numbers also change over time. When next big thing drops, server will fill up more
<Salt Factory>

Sedok

Post#5 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Lobsterkuln wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:56 am However their main concern is population, and looking at the recent numbers it seems quite low hovering around 200-500 players.

Some perspective for your friends:

500 pop / 24 = 20.83~, rounded down to 20, giving 10 warbands to each faction. Is that still a low population?

Change your expectations for an MMO; you don't need thousands of players on a server that you'll never interact with (the human brain only has space for ~250 social connections anyway). The only time this server is quiet is the NA graveyard shift (between 12 - 2am EST); even then, you can still find fights if you go looking for them.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

Mystriss

Post#6 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:19 pm

I have an odd schedule (no circadian rhythm at all) and I've played all hours the past few weeks, not really seen a time where there wasn't a fight going on in the lakes. Sometimes one side or the other only has about a warband or less in the lakes, but that's typically more due to player attrition than population issues; aka oh btw there's 3 warbands of destro/order running around in a massive zerg atm.

I've heard it said that if the server population is under 300 SC pops are few and far between but I've not really tested the theory as oRvR is my thang atm - and I'm finding so much in the lakes that I have to take days long breaks to not get in trouble (I have a habit of having so much fun I forget to do things like cleaning, eating, sleeping, speaking to family members :P)

HissiCNesS

Post#7 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:46 pm

I used to try hard to be on during high(er) population times, but tbh this changed after a while when I realised how blobby, laggy and zergy RvR was, so I found my gold spot during kinda off-hours with 300 to 500 ppl on max. Like ppl before me already said, "the more, the merrier" does not exactly hold truth when it comes to this game. Now spread the word and get on the battlefield GIT!! WAAAAAGH!! >.<
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

Skitup

Post#8 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:01 pm

There's plenty of players on at all times.
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Even with 200 ppl online, that would be enough to fill 4 warbands per side.
Problem is, about 1/4 of Pop is always in T1, and bit below of that is midtier range. Then you have maybe 10-40% of players just waiting for Scs which means less people for the main campaign. And then there is always few people leveling in pve areas and the occasional quester. So with 200ppl, you might expect 30-40ppl per side in the active T4 RvR zone, and maybe less depending how much war attrition they have suffered or how much the zone has stagnated due to neither side possessing enough numbers or organization to capture the area.
Many people just roam the zones either as solo or in small packs, sometimes there just isn't any general drive towards locking down a zone.(either people tired of keeps or wrong incentives - a good gank might give 2-5x more renown than a keep capture - or better renown per hour from doing scs compared to playing the rvr lake)

Mystry
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Population wildly fluctuates over the day. Highest time is on EU prime time, and reaches at over 1k on the server. Lowest is late night NA, and it can get down to 150-200.