Recent Topics

Ads

Mass PVP, and Playerbase

Let's talk about... everything else
blackhuskyy

Mass PVP, and Playerbase

Post#1 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 pm

I came back after some years. I'm wondering where did the massive PVP and playerbase go?

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Re: Mass PVP, and Playerbase

Post#2 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Praag, atm. ~

Generally speaking, it depends on timezone. EU prime > NA prime.
Log in tomorrow, 20:00ish altdorf time (google it) ~ you'll see the blobs zerg each other.

backrow

Post#3 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:10 am

lol, Altdorf time is a thing! :D

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:28 am

yeah, yesterday it was more then 550 players in Caledor. sadly they did not split into other zones as as a result performance did suffer.

Luuca

Post#5 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:18 am

NA is expanding. Well, not the player base during NA prime, but our waistlines.

Glorian

Post#6 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:10 am

backrow wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:10 am lol, Altdorf time is a thing! :D
I was asking for an altdorftime clock on the Homepage already. :D
You can also have one showing the weather in Altdorf right now.
https://www.timeanddate.com/clocks/free.html?n=3227

As for Playernumbers. EU Primetime is the current Apex with around 4 Warbands or more on each side.
My feeling is that this is increased recently with the RR Cap being lifted and a lot of players returning to play their rr 60+ characters.

Sedok

Post#7 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Luuca wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:18 am NA is expanding. Well, not the player base during NA prime, but our waistlines.

Swole is the goal, size is the prize.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

Nidwin

Post#8 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 am

Natherul wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:28 am yeah, yesterday it was more then 550 players in Caledor. sadly they did not split into other zones as as a result performance did suffer.
You could probably double that number Nath and we still wouldn't split up and fight it all out zone after zone in the same zone. It's not only the nature of the game but also the nature of core RvRers. The more, the larger so the better.

I also have no problem to admit that my heart does beat a litter faster when riding in a 200+ manned zerg to an order keep

And when you create a new toon (destro)
-> Hordes of greenskins, united with Chaos warbands and Dark Elves regiments (still gives me chills every time) -> Zerg it up folks. :D
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#9 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:42 pm

So you'll never break up the zerg without some type of zone population control. There isn't a incentive program you can put into place to fix this. If you do put in a incentive program that is attractive player's will just dodge each other in a zerg/pack like they did on live.

Being able to go anywhere at anytime is asking for server wide zerg/pack like conditions. It is a flaw of the game to not have some type of zone population control. Likely if mythic was able to finish it's game they would have put in some type of zone population control.

Population zone control still doesn't even fix the issue, which I don't think can be solved. All it does is make the overall engagements on the server smaller. The pack is just forcibly split up to allow for more balanced/smaller engagements. The zerg/pack is put on different islands to play. If allowed to combine, it will for better protection.

This whole zerg thing is straight up represented in life with pack animals.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#10 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:09 pm

The only conceivable way to "fix" overpopulation in zones is to take a hard line on it and straight up block people from entering lakes if there's already too many of their faction there. But that will never happen, and it still doesn't address the fact that the folks who are in the lakes will inevitably glob up into one big mass and zerg it out.