Recent Topics

Ads

Tunneling service

Let's talk about... everything else
Needabeer

Tunneling service

Post#1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 am

Hi all,

I'm from Australia and really enjoy RoR. Unfortunately I suffer from 300ms ping. Does anyone know if a tunneling or proxy service will lower my ping? If so, where is the server?

On a side note: best destro class for my ping?

Cheers

Ads
Alandrian

Re: Tunneling service

Post#2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Needabeer wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 am Hi all,

I'm from Australia and really enjoy RoR. Unfortunately I suffer from 300ms ping. Does anyone know if a tunneling or proxy service will lower my ping? If so, where is the server?

Cheers
Just curious, what type of internet do you have? Because I'm from New Zealand which is obviously even further away from the servers than you are, and my ping is a little lower than yours (280ms). Whereas I would of thought it would be higher.

My experience has been very smooth at 280ms, I don't feel any lag at all and haven't had any latency issues in RvR. I play a BG.

300ms ping is fine IMO, just play what you like.

Needabeer

Post#3 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:18 am

I have fiber to the node and about 1km of copper to my house. Stupid aussie broadband. Yeah I have a BG as well. Its hasn't been too bad but unless I'm playing a SH and it's hard to kite

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 am

Alandrian wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm
Needabeer wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:13 am Hi all,

Cheers
Just curious, what type of internet do you have? Because I'm from New Zealand which is obviously even further away from the servers than you are, and my ping is a little lower than yours (280ms). Whereas I would of thought it would be higher.

My experience has been very smooth at 280ms, I don't feel any lag at all and haven't had any latency issues in RvR. I play a BG.

300ms ping is fine IMO, just play what you like.
The routing of the signal matters a lot more than a relatively small increase in distance. Superior route=Superior ping, which is exactly why the topic of the thread makes sense, and why these "gaming vpns" exist in the first place.
Rip Phalanx

Needabeer

Post#5 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 pm

I might do a trial and see if it helps. Does anyone know where the server is?

lefze
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Needabeer wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 pm I might do a trial and see if it helps. Does anyone know where the server is?
France afaik.
Rip Phalanx

Needabeer

Post#7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:17 am

Ok thanks mate

darkhosis

Post#8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:09 pm

It's @ OVH, you can ping ovh.net then add half a millisecond or so and would be equivalent to server ping time.

.. or smokeping.ovh.net

Ads