Recent Topics

Ads

College of Corruption.

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: College of Corruption.

Post#31 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:17 pm You decide to bring a ranged dps to a meleecentric map then that just simply means it's going to be tougher to win. Not impossible. That seems to me what was being discussed ,I e. ranged are useless in CoC?
eh this is my problem with ya and ppl that going aroudn tell this things....

1-you dont decide to bring anything is a event sc you are FORCED to partecipate in there if you want your rewards on the rdps
2-it's a temp sc you need to do it now you not have 300 days to do that so , few timea to do that + additonal for no reason hardship due map balance make it not a right deal.

seriusly, so hard not spit in the face to ppl make right complain for a bad map design? in live the sc was different (mostro play and lava speed buff) and that was part of the sc map balance so that rdps coudl kite... , map here was changed and thus problems had arised; especially since there is no time to wait a BLA BLA balance thread since this gona be over the 22, MAYBE for once instead keep bla bla against it when:

-destru just respawn in front of flag
-destru can heal and rdps from wc to fight back for the flag (they cant in live as the firewall at spwan have NO los)

->ADD 1 addition flag in mid floor aswelll?? So that ppl have to spread on 2 floor and the sc is more dynamic than just exit from wc and stand on the flag FOR ONE SIDE....

Ads
Martok

Post#32 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pmeh this is my problem with ya and ppl that going aroudn tell this things....

Positive start, amigo.

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm1-you dont decide to bring anything is a event sc you are FORCED to partecipate in there if you want your rewards on the rdps

That is how quest work. If you want to complete the quest, you have to accomplish those task specified in the quest. How else would you suggest it be done?

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm2-it's a temp sc you need to do it now you not have 300 days to do that so , few timea to do that + additonal for no reason hardship due map balance make it not a right deal.

The College of Corruption is not a temporary scenario, as the Devs have already stated it will stay in the rotation once the event is over. What is temporary is the time you have to complete the quest endemic to the live event. In addition to complete the quest all you need to do is play at least six times and win five. That is hardly a hardship.

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pmseriusly, so hard not spit in the face to ppl make right complain for a bad map design?

What exactly is bad about it? If you want to know how to play this map as an RDPS watch other more accomplished RDPS players. In addition the flag in this scenario has a quite limited area of control, meaning the MDPS guys have to be in or next to the pit in order to influence the flag. This allows RDPS players to kite around that area. It is all a reflection of the map design, true, but the design is hardly to blame.

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm-destru just respawn in front of flag

Not true. From their spawn point Order can be at the flag in less than five seconds. That Destruction can get there in the same amount of time is a reflection of actual balance. But no one spawns in front of flag.

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm-destru can heal and rdps from wc to fight back for the flag (they cant in live as the firewall at spwan have NO los)

Again not true. If Destruction does not pass through the barrier then can not affect the flag area.

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm->ADD 1 addition flag in mid floor aswelll?? So that ppl have to spread on 2 floor and the sc is more dynamic than just exit from wc and stand on the flag FOR ONE SIDE....

If you want a two flag capture mechanic play either Logrin's Forge or High Pass Cemetery. This scenario is fine as it is.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Tesq

Post#33 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 pm

Martok wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 pm Bla bla
des can aswell kite to firewall and guards will oneshoot anyone came clsoer; so des can even retreat momentary or rdps can hti from safty or heal casting in totall safty while other push

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Like you only have to win the scenario 5 times...and the event is still on for a while longer.

Tesq

Post#35 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 pm Like you only have to win the scenario 5 times...and the event is still on for a while longer.
yes...and so , why not fix something that need a fix? especially this firewall shenanigan there is a barrier for both side, none cant enter wc from outside, there's no need that one side only have guards that one shoot anyone that came close.

darkhosis

Post#36 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:49 am

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 pm Like you only have to win the scenario 5 times...and the event is still on for a while longer.
yes...and so , why not fix something that need a fix? especially this firewall shenanigan there is a barrier for both side, none cant enter wc from outside, there's no need that one side only have guards that one shoot anyone that came close.
yeah, i got punted back there and was killed by one of those NPCs

MayoDaen78

Post#37 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:48 am

Martok wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm-destru just respawn in front of flag

Not true. From their spawn point Order can be at the flag in less than five seconds. That Destruction can get there in the same amount of time is a reflection of actual balance. But no one spawns in front of flag.

I think what Tesq meant is , for destro is so easy to reach the flag, no brainer really just respawn go straight up and there you go arrive on the flag as a full group camping on the flag, for Order is just like winding road if they dont know the shortcut, and I notice some of them don't even know which way is the quickest to get to the flag and hence they are split and scattered , making it easy for destro to just kill them one by one.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

MayoDaen78

Post#38 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:52 am

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm
Yeah I noticed that too, for order , they cant really spawn camp near the barrier as they will get one shot kill by npc,, whereas destro dont have to worry about that, they can just go to the barrier and just killing any poor order that got stranded there and there will be no npc guard that will one shot kill them...
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
MayoDaen78

Post#39 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 am

rocc wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 am I'm agree with the last post.
Here are the results of my 8 last games of the scenario College of Corruption

- order = 0 / chaos = 500
- order = 13 / chaos = 500
- order = 249 / chaos = 500
- order = 13 / chaos = 500

Unless I join a group at the top I give up it's a massacre every time.
From my personal observation, It's way easier for destro to win this SC (considering how easy and close the destro wc to the flag location, you probably don't need a premade as destro, though I noticed there's some premade from destro side that join this sc, for order if you are not in premade is very rare that you will win this sc, still possible but rare, at least that's what I experienced. Most of the time since I like to pugs, order tend to lose to destro than the other way around. Win is possible only if you are lucky and got a good group that knows what they're doing.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

DokB

Post#40 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:02 am

I haven't really played much Order in the last week, but I think they also get teleporters like Destro does (can someone confirm?)
Like someone said before, it's a map that heavily favours melee train set ups so obviously the Order pug groups - that are almost always tilted towards rDPS - are going to suffer.

It's a fun map but they should probably change how the firewalls work, since you can rift (Choppa/Magus/Engineer) people through them and get a guaranteed kill that way. Haven't seen any pulls from Mara/WL working like that but I know you can rift people on the stairs which I believe is a bug maybe with Z axis?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard