Recent Topics

Ads

Bolstering bug?

Let's talk about... everything else
soliticks

Bolstering bug?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:33 am

Hi guys. I logged my rank 18 dok and WL today in Avelorn. My stats seem to cap at 500 and I'm hitting unguarded healers for maybe 50. Is this a bolstering bug? Or working as intended?
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Ads
dansari

Re: Bolstering bug?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 am

Make sure every piece of gear is within 5 levels of you.
<Salt Factory>

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:08 am

soliticks wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:33 am Hi guys. I logged my rank 18 dok and WL today in Avelorn. My stats seem to cap at 500 and I'm hitting unguarded healers for maybe 50. Is this a bolstering bug? Or working as intended?
The cap of 500 in your paperdoll is correct, albeit you should use .getstats to get your real bolstered stats, which are most likely much higher.
Dying is no option.

RuffRyder

Post#4 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am

dansari wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 am Make sure every piece of gear is within 5 levels of you.
It this really a thing?
I can confirm running with lvl 27 with items <lvl20 and being bolstered.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

dansari

Post#5 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am
dansari wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 am Make sure every piece of gear is within 5 levels of you.
It this really a thing?
My understanding is that your bolster is worse when your gear isn't within 5 levels of your character.
<Salt Factory>

Sedok

Post#6 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:27 pm

soliticks wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:33 am Hi guys. I logged my rank 18 dok and WL today in Avelorn. My stats seem to cap at 500 and I'm hitting unguarded healers for maybe 50. Is this a bolstering bug? Or working as intended?

It means your gear is terrible. At r18, you're cresting, so you should have full advantage of the bolster; without talismans, you should be at 750 of your main stat, 950 with talismans and then 1150+ with stat tactic at r19. At r20, I managed to get my BW to 1250 Intelligence.

Do the T2 Epic Quests for the rare helm and shoulders, park your character at a T2 BO to get some influence ticks and pick up the Belt in Dwarf, and Gloves + Jewelry in Emp, decide whether you want the T2 scenario crit weapon or the T2 ORvR stat stick from Elf or Dwarf, use 2 piece Obliterator unless the +1 gets you something crucial (Runic Blasting for RP, Oathbound for IB, Fuel To The Fire for BW, etc.), search the AH or farm for "Murder's" (r17 blues), "of Woe" (r19 blues), "Slaughter's" (r17 purples), and "Rune-Scribed" (r19 purples) jewelry and cloaks, and invest in "Minor" (r16) purple talismans for your gear.

There should be no excuses; bolster is incredibly strong system at the moment (I'd argue over-performing in certain regards), and you should be taking full advantage of it. I was just skirmishing with Holgarn in BC yesterday and was able to deal with 3 r40 WEs at r21; me and r27 SW friend were able to successfully duo-roam and get about 25 kills. If you're squishy or not doing enough damage, that's on you.
Last edited by Sedok on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok

RuffRyder

Post#7 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:39 pm

dansari wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm
Spoiler:
RuffRyder wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 am
It this really a thing?
My understanding is that your bolster is worse when your gear isn't within 5 levels of your character.
OK, I understand. So technically the items don't prevent you from getting bolstered - that's what I thought when reading your post - but nevertheless, as Sedok mentioned you don't take the best possible advantage off it.

I'm kinda not maxing out the advantage to the edge because of just too quickly outleveling it and don't want to change full gear including bought parts, talis, whatever every few levels, so this is up to one's own opinion and time investment it seems.
I rather just wait for the next set, but I don't run duo/roam most of the time, so it's another PoV.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

dansari

Post#8 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:39 pm OK, I understand. So technically the items don't prevent you from getting bolstered - that's what I thought when reading your post - but nevertheless, as Sedok mentioned you don't take the best possible advantage off it.

I'm kinda not maxing out the advantage to the edge because of just too quickly outleveling it and don't want to change full gear including bought parts, talis, whatever every few levels, so this is up to one's own opinion and time investment it seems.
I rather just wait for the next set, but I don't run duo/roam most of the time, so it's another PoV.
Definitely. imo the bolster works fine as long as your gear is up to date + some green talis will go a long way. To be even more bolstered you can throw blue/purp talis in there but that's dependent on how strong you want to twink your lowbie.
<Salt Factory>

Ads