Recent Topics

Ads

How to fix "Failed Authentication"

Let's talk about... everything else
yiddley

How to fix "Failed Authentication"

Post#1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Hey guys! First of all I apologies if this is not in the correct room, please feel free to direct this post to the right place (thanks)

So I've spent the last 24 hours researching how on earth to connection without any problems using a number of "free" vpn's that have limited data, ideally not many of us want to pay a subscription fee right?

Okay so I'll cut to the chase here, you've tried everything and nothing has come up? I'm going to write this as clearly as possible from a fresh start. This VPN is 100% free with ZERO limitations, yes I never thought I'd hear that one!

1. You need to download a program called softether vpn client + vpn gate client plug-in Then you need to create a file on your desktop and name it what ever you want or in my case "SoftVPN" so I don't get confused with all the other things I have downloaded and extract the files to that new folder.

2. Follow the steps of the download until you get to the options part, select SoftEther VPN Client, Next then click agree and next again until you get to where you want it to go so do as you will there but make it easy to find and then let it install.

3. Start up the new program you have installed and click "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers" and ignore the next window by clicking "ok". You will then be presented with lots of destinations, chose the one closest to your location and pay attention to the line speed as the higher the better, but keep it close for example I'm in the UK and I'm on a German connection.

4. Connect to the one you have chosen and allow it to set it up and then you're done.

Open up RoR as you would normally and enjoy the game!

I really hope this works for everyone since I found it extremely frustrating after attempting the logging in process over 150 times.

Please let me know if this has helped you! Thanks and I hope to see you all in game!

Ads