Ads

What’s the point?

Let's talk about... everything else
Darosh
Banned

Re: What’s the point?

Post#21 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:24 pm

To answer OP as to what keeps me playing:

Falling in love with tank archetype, babysitting dpsbots.
Should have mained tank on live, missed out on great fun there.

Gear and RR are just tools to be grinded for in order to pewpew more, babysit better and join in on the fashionhammering.

You should make some friends, the game starts with a grouo (duo+), before that it's just a stresstest/NPC-simulator.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#22 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:36 pm
lefze wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 am
Fallenkezef wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:20 am There are literaly hundreds of mmos with a pve focus. RoR isn't one of those mmos.

If you enjoy riding harley's don't drive a porsche.
Go check patchnotes for the last year/two years, and tell me again how RoR isn't pve focused.
If you mean new content are PvE you’re right .

Don’t forget that city siege use pve mechanics and scenario mechanics (instances code is necessary to have it)

Also , the dev here rebuild oRvR with merged campaign. There is guild involved and we worked hard trying to make the guild standard working (we still have issues but 90% is done)

I know what you are talking about , like a lot of player you are waiting for fortress / city siege . You’ll have it don’t worry , I almost finished next dungeons and we will have Pve at same state than conq . Now we have our rvr system working , pve at dame level as rvr and we can build both PvE / PvP next content all together and don’t make one aspect useless.

I also added 3 new scenario map , so I’m not sure we did nothing for pvp the past patch notes .
Exactly what I meant. The argument of "WAR isn't about pve" might be true, but saying RoR doesn't have a pve focus is not true. That was all I meant.

And I do enjoy the Onslaught grind despite the insanely varied difficulty from PQ to PQ and the fact that you have to actively slack like hell to get blues. Nice break from the things that keep me tied to the game. I however hate pvp mixed with pve with a passion, and I know a lot of other people do aswell. Cities and forts are viewed more like a threat of forced, tedious pve than anything else at this point.

Anyways, a lot of good stuff being pumped out, most of the frustration simply comes from the fact that a majority shares the view of "WAR isn't about pve". And while I do share in the frustration and agree with that to a certain extent, I still have to say good job on the PQs, hope you can continue making enjoyable pve stuff without affecting the pvp part negatively.
Rip Phalanx

Hargrim
Developer

Post#23 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:02 pm

lefze wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:24 pm ...

Well, what can I say - if you want to have more RvR stuff just join the team and do that, same to everyone saying 'pls more rvr'. The rule that devs work on what they want at any given time applies here too - I currently enjoy tinkering with PvE more than RvR, simply because I don't have to bother with playerbase mentality and finding ways to "fix" it.

MedV

Post#24 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Or you can do what I do alot. Re-make your t1 characters. I agree with you in certain places. I enjoy t1 fighting more. I dont need gear and incentives to play where as in t4 i need to have something to attain to enjoy riding the zerg.

T1 fights imo are the most fun in the game. Small groups are always running around and you can find small scale fights in multiple zones. Running aroudn solo/duo/6man all work and you can have a good time just remaking new chars. Ive remade a chosen like 6 times to lvl it to 16. rinse and repeat.
The King.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#25 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:14 pm

T1/t4 should be the same , I don’t know why at t4 most players chose the path of least effort , instead of trying to fight . No matter how we try to split the Zerg
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

anarchypark

Post#26 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:20 pm

dtjror wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:39 pm
Spoiler:
This is not meant to be a troll post or even necessarily a criticism of the project, but rather an honest inquiry into people’s motivations and maybe an opportunity to discover things I have missed or look at things from a fresh perspective.

Basically, I have gotten one toon to 40/42, and 3 other toons (each is a different archetype/role) to around 16/24, but I’m finding little desire to continue now. Personally, I attribute this mainly to a few factors:

1. EVERYTHING in this game revolves around PvP. There is no PvE content of any real worth, and with the possible expection of Beastlord and T4 epics, there isn’t any incentive to do any PvE content because everything you really need/want comes from PvP anyway. Even with Gunbad - what’s the point? Are you going to get anything equivalent to end-game PvP?

2. PvP is a grind. Once you are out of T1, it’s basically the same thing for 20+ levels and renown ranks. You buy gear with tokens (mostly) or or just cash from vendors once you reach appropriate rank/reknown. Only once you are eligible for the end-game stuff (genesis, subjugator, and conquerer) is there a possibility of a direct reward, and the grind for that is very discouraging.

3. PvP play in general is boring/undynamic because (with the exception of scenarios) it’s basically whoever has the bigger zerg wins. Small-scale and 1v1 fights can be horribly lop-sided because the game isn’t balanced that way.

So, with the above being said, I’m curious as to what keeps people motivated to play or what things you think I might consider to try restoring my motivation.

I skipped previous pages.

1. gunbad and ch22 PQs. have you finished it ? if gear from PvE is your goal, wait next dungeons. prepare full redeye from gunbad for ward.

2. you made your goal grinding gears.
try different approach. play RvR and gears will follow.

3. you are still in novice status. getting better is enough motivation?
you can beat zerg with smaller number if you're good.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#27 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:20 pm
dtjror wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:39 pm
Spoiler:
This is not meant to be a troll post or even necessarily a criticism of the project, but rather an honest inquiry into people’s motivations and maybe an opportunity to discover things I have missed or look at things from a fresh perspective.

Basically, I have gotten one toon to 40/42, and 3 other toons (each is a different archetype/role) to around 16/24, but I’m finding little desire to continue now. Personally, I attribute this mainly to a few factors:

1. EVERYTHING in this game revolves around PvP. There is no PvE content of any real worth, and with the possible expection of Beastlord and T4 epics, there isn’t any incentive to do any PvE content because everything you really need/want comes from PvP anyway. Even with Gunbad - what’s the point? Are you going to get anything equivalent to end-game PvP?

2. PvP is a grind. Once you are out of T1, it’s basically the same thing for 20+ levels and renown ranks. You buy gear with tokens (mostly) or or just cash from vendors once you reach appropriate rank/reknown. Only once you are eligible for the end-game stuff (genesis, subjugator, and conquerer) is there a possibility of a direct reward, and the grind for that is very discouraging.

3. PvP play in general is boring/undynamic because (with the exception of scenarios) it’s basically whoever has the bigger zerg wins. Small-scale and 1v1 fights can be horribly lop-sided because the game isn’t balanced that way.

So, with the above being said, I’m curious as to what keeps people motivated to play or what things you think I might consider to try restoring my motivation.

I skipped previous pages.

1. gunbad and ch22 PQs. have you finished it ? if gear from PvE is your goal, wait next dungeons. prepare full redeye from gunbad for ward.

2. you made your goal grinding gears.
try different approach. play RvR and gears will follow.

3. you are still in novice status. getting better is enough motivation?
you can beat zerg with smaller number if you're good.
Right cause the next dungeon I am actually building will requière wards :)

Grobbok

Post#28 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Well, what can I say - if you want to have more RvR stuff just join the team and do that, same to everyone saying 'pls more rvr'. The rule that devs work on what they want at any given time applies here too - I currently enjoy tinkering with PvE more than RvR, simply because I don't have to bother with playerbase mentality and finding ways to "fix" it.
put vendor in city with some new gear is so hard?
many ppl have tons of medallions and they could buy some new items for it, like potions, talismans and ofc new gear
simple vendor with items, we don't need more
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#29 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Grobbok wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 pm
Hargrim wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:02 pm

put vendor in city with some new gear is so hard?
many ppl have tons of medallions and they could buy some new items for it, like potions, talismans and ofc new gear
simple vendor with items, we don't need more
New rvr gear will come with fortress :)

Sedok

Post#30 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Glorian wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am You hear that argument every Summer.
And in autum the fights start anew thill you have around christmas exploding RvR zones.

As for currently we are getting new players every day in the guild who have never played here before.

I keep hearing the "summer slump" argument, yet last year there wasn't a noticeable drop in players. In the past four months, I'ave watched the NA time-window (the time where you have enough folks on to do content) go from 11:30pm EST in April, to 9:30pm EST by the end of May, and now its at 8:00pm EST. By the time 8:00pm rolls around, you won't be getting any scenarios pops outside T4 (which themselves are reduced to a 15-20min que) and ORvR becomes a handful of solo roamers. The population around that time hovers at 170-190, before going below 100 by midnight. You can't tell someone to "find or form a group/guild" if there simply isn't a lot of people online.
Live: Karak-Azgal = Sedok, Golgaroth, Sakneth / Karak-Norn = Xnohrx, Alfriger, Volgarn / Vaul's Anvil = Alfriger, Volgarn, Dolgarn

RoR: Volgarn, Golgarn, Alfriger, Kelthazuul, Sedok