Recent Topics

Ads

Best solo roaming class?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Best solo roaming class?

Post#21 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:29 pm
Grock wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 pm What makes magus so good? Especially compared to engi
High burst damage, very tanky due to high toughness and wounds self-buff (essentially an un-debuffable burst heal), does magic damage so not terribly put-out by armor stacking. Engi is also very difficult to kill 1v1, its just that more people see solo roaming Magi like Incindent than they do solo roaming engis.

Trying to kill either when they have their pet buff stacked is very difficult for most classes. BG/IB and WH/WE might be the only ones to do it. Dunno who wins in magus vs. engi. Presumably whomever crits first on Snipe/Bolt.
On the money. Well-played IB and WH can beat any Magus spec. Players like Volgograd (IB), Csi (WH) and Kyranria (WH) know exactly how to cuck Magus. KOTBS also wins.

Regarding magus vs engineer...I can't see Engineer winning, personally. Spirit resistance (engis only have +ele res) + Daemonic Maw spam = big boy.

Ads
ToXoS

Post#22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

All the times I killed a r40 engie with full turret stacks as a solo ranged SH and 1v1, I almost died too. I rarely did because I pot at the last second. And that was with the help of the ranged disarm of the pet. If the engie disarm me first, I'm dead. There is no way around it, their ST burst is no joke for a light armoured class that doesn't spec defensively enough.

Imo the best solo class is WH. It can kill anything if it has the jump, just have to switch tactics before the fight.
But my favorite is still SH for solo roaming.

Needabeer

Post#23 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:59 am anything and everything is viable in the right hands, I dps zealot all day long in glass cannon spec, it all depends on level of lunacy.
Solo roaming? How does it perform?

Spierron

Post#24 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Dot defendable, detaunt break on dot. These changes have significantly changed the fighting for solo players, for some it's a buff for others it's a nerf.
All fights depend on several factors, location, tactics setup, gear, ability on cd, pot on cd, moral, add... whoever controls the fight will be the winner, Tank or DD(gear def) for this are the best only if there is no heal who add in fight.

Play with the strengths of your class while countering that of your opponent, all have a weakness :roll:

use and optimize addons provides a significant help too :!:

WE-WH are the easiest to counter for most class ;)

Smellybelly

Post#25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:15 am magus/IB and WH
How do you rate IB solo vs BG solo?

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:16 am

Smellybelly wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:15 am magus/IB and WH
How do you rate IB solo vs BG solo?
IB like Volgo would probably be spec'd http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=ib; ... ;;0:0:0:0: vs a BG, while BG would probably spec http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bg; ... ;;0:0:0:0:.

BG has better self-heal potential because of their morale, but I can see the IB dishing out more damage. If BG wants to give out the heal, it would probably be suicide vs a good IB - but they could do so in order to gain Crimson Death and a Wounds debuff.

I think it's fairly balanced, to be honest, and comes down to nuances and skill.

Eathisword

Post#27 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 am How do you rate IB solo vs BG solo?
Bg has a better offensive spec for 6 man. A better defensive Spec for big groups but lacks a great balanced spec.

IB has a better balanced spec for a mix of defense and offense in very smallscale.

At least in my experience of both classes.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Needabeer

Post#28 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:13 am

I was thinking of leveling a WE for solo play as I generally enjoy stealth classes. I have been told not to expect to kill anyone until RR50+. Is this true? From R20 play so far I get blown up in seconds in SC's. I fully expect to get destroyed in rvr at this level.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#29 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:17 am

Needabeer wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:13 am I was thinking of leveling a WE for solo play as I generally enjoy stealth classes. I have been told not to expect to kill anyone until RR50+. Is this true? From R20 play so far I get blown up in seconds in SC's. I fully expect to get destroyed in rvr at this level.
SCs shouldn't be terrible at that level especially as you get closer to mid 20s.

But more on point, as WE you get to pick your battles to a certain extent. Dont go after people that you wont be able to kill, high levels or classes you have trouble with. Once you get higher the group of people you can gank should get larger.

Needabeer

Post#30 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:13 am

adamthelc wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:17 am
Needabeer wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:13 am I was thinking of leveling a WE for solo play as I generally enjoy stealth classes. I have been told not to expect to kill anyone until RR50+. Is this true? From R20 play so far I get blown up in seconds in SC's. I fully expect to get destroyed in rvr at this level.
SCs shouldn't be terrible at that level especially as you get closer to mid 20s.

But more on point, as WE you get to pick your battles to a certain extent. Dont go after people that you wont be able to kill, high levels or classes you have trouble with. Once you get higher the group of people you can gank should get larger.
Yeah true. Does anyone know of a guide or some to look up on YouTube for guidance/hints/tips?