Recent Topics

Ads

Guild bug

Let's talk about... everything else
Herthin

Guild bug

Post#1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Recently i do not only have problems with connceting at all but i get dcs even on zonechanges at a rate of ~70%.
No need to say this makes me being fed up for the rest of the evening not only sometimes.
"/stuck" in loading screen appears not to be working anymore too.
Even more ppl get affected.
Out of my direct surroundings are 4 ppl affected (including myself) of wich i know and ~4 of my toons have it.

Does anyone else see a (subjective) rise in dcs etc?

@team
I would be most happy to provide data to resolve this problem. Just tell me how to do it.
Will happily fail to log in a whole weekend for you, if it just helps.

regards

Edit: typo

Ads
Schmissgesicht

Re: Guild bug

Post#2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:23 pm

i have exactly the same issue since yesterday. im always affected when i encounter a loading screen (login/flightmaster/book of binding/exiting sc so far). i get set back to a character screen (which looked different than normal; the play button doesnt work there ... ill try to make a screenshot; see below). it happened maximal 2-3 times in a row the last few hours. but now i was getting this 5 times in a row until i gave up and checked the forum.

p.s.: dont know why u called it "guild bug" though :)

Schmissgesicht

Post#3 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:28 pm

here is that special character screen (no character name or info/ play button not working)
the only options out of there is either clicking "server" and reconnect to get to the regular character selection or the "quit" button

Herthin

Post#4 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:12 pm

It called guild bug since most toons that are affected are/were in a guild above 300 membercount.
Reducing the numbers afterwards does not help. Only thing that helps (shorttherm) is to be kicked from the guild. Good luck with that if u cant log in and noobody in the comms :? .
If you get that stunt done... viola u are in game at 1st attempt.

If you join the guild again the whole mess starts over.

regards

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm

We have no character names to work with.
Your suspicion that it's related to a guild also comes with no name to work with.

Yep, this seems like it's gonna get fixed right up. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Herthin

Post#6 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Character names are: Herthin, Herthia, Herthigur, Herthryggr.
The latter two have it sometimes. The first two almost always, average ~6 tries to log in max was like 40 tries before i gave up.
This was a time ago tho, my addiction faded a bit in the meantime.
Kick while zoning happened occasionally so far, approx once/twice a month. Yesterday it was 4 on the evening.
After Guildkick - Nothing.

Yesterday /stuck in loadingscreen had no effect whatsoever, this appeared to help sometimes.
After the /stuck port to beginning, me was in game about 3 tries later usally.

Guild for all is/was "Da fat Squigs" and we are not exclusive on this as seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11472&start=20#p304123
Freebootaz had too if my memory does not trick me.
I was thinking the problem is realtively well known since it pops up now and then here on the forums.

For the other People i mentioned: I think they are old enough to speak for themselves.

regards

Edit: one charname was wrong.

Schmissgesicht

Post#7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:45 pm

charname: pouncygit
ill try to leave the guild if i make it into the game again (it just worked for a few minutes until i had the loading screen the third time)

Schmissgesicht

Post#8 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:32 pm

problem seems to be solved since i left the guild "Cult of Chaos".

Ads
Glorian

Post#9 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:48 am

In the Bitterstone Thunderers we also have two members that suddenly need 5 tries to log in and get disconnects and on Zone change or scenario entry.

Leaving the guild fixed that.

Also in the past getting the guild out of alliance and back in seemed to reduce it for some days.

Characternames:

Tibdum
Orkni

Schmissgesicht

Post#10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:40 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm We have no character names to work with.
Your suspicion that it's related to a guild also comes with no name to work with.

Yep, this seems like it's gonna get fixed right up. :)
still got it on 2 of my chars. Stumpnkratza & (Kruhnk =fixed). I cant get into the game anymore with those 2. (Managed it a few days ago after a few trials, but not since)