Recent Topics

Ads

Why?

Let's talk about... everything else
anarchypark

Re: Why?

Post#81 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 pm

lefze wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:23 am
anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:49 am BO is the mechanic to split zerg.
why is it so hard to understand ?

without it, there is only big zerg fight.
at the keep, at the bridge, at the warcamp.
you want this?

sitting at BO is side effect of lazy and ignorance.
Big zergy fight>Big zergy fights where loosing side isn't even fighting back because they have been enjoying free RP ticks on a BO for the last hour, and are probably not even tabbed in to the game. And let's face it, BOs might be splitting the zerg, but in 99% of the cases it's not because the BO provides any value to the realmwar, but because people want the miniscule RP ticks simply because they are free.

And seriously, are you implying that you prefer someone loosing their keep sitting at a BO instead of defending the damn keep?

you seem don't understand how BO works as zerg split mechanic.
it not for rp tick.
it's for disadvantaging zerg. penalty.
buffing dmg of keep lord, repairing doors, closing doors, ranking up keeps.

making 3wb vs 1wb into 1.5:1 or 1:1

if someone think 5min tick is better than actual fight, that's lazy and ignorance.
honestly why does it matter anyway?
pretend them BO npc.
at least they cap 1 BO. while fighters doing other jobs.

you know who is also lazy ?
zergs sitting at keep when underdog are calling them out to fight.

so it had stated many times.
It's player fault, not system.
though i agree that tick can be lower.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
mogt

Post#82 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm

yeah that is right, because many players want going the easiest way, many players think, how i can get the maxium with doing minimize

Aquilon

Post#83 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm

mogt wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm yeah that is right, because many players want going the easiest way, many players think, how i can get the maxium with doing minimize
Exactly. Because this is natural and absolutely right thing to do. Not to waste precious time of one life we have.

Welcome to reality.
Means determine end.

lefze
Suspended

Post#84 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:59 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 pm
lefze wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:23 am
anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:49 am BO is the mechanic to split zerg.
why is it so hard to understand ?

without it, there is only big zerg fight.
at the keep, at the bridge, at the warcamp.
you want this?

sitting at BO is side effect of lazy and ignorance.
Big zergy fight>Big zergy fights where loosing side isn't even fighting back because they have been enjoying free RP ticks on a BO for the last hour, and are probably not even tabbed in to the game. And let's face it, BOs might be splitting the zerg, but in 99% of the cases it's not because the BO provides any value to the realmwar, but because people want the miniscule RP ticks simply because they are free.

And seriously, are you implying that you prefer someone loosing their keep sitting at a BO instead of defending the damn keep?

you seem don't understand how BO works as zerg split mechanic.
it not for rp tick.
it's for disadvantaging zerg. penalty.
buffing dmg of keep lord, repairing doors, closing doors, ranking up keeps.

making 3wb vs 1wb into 1.5:1 or 1:1

if someone think 5min tick is better than actual fight, that's lazy and ignorance.
honestly why does it matter anyway?
pretend them BO npc.
at least they cap 1 BO. while fighters doing other jobs.

you know who is also lazy ?
zergs sitting at keep when underdog are calling them out to fight.

so it had stated many times.
It's player fault, not system.
though i agree that tick can be lower.
In theory, but it's not played even remotely like that, and that is the whole point. If BOs are there for a pactical purpose, don't make it so blatantly abuseable as it is now. BOs have no purpose for the majority of a zone, people still camp on them for hours on end, and it is easy to prove aswell.

Edit: Players fault that they AFK, systems fault that it's designed in a way that enables them to. Ticks should be removed completely.
Rip Phalanx

mogt

Post#85 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:01 pm

i know that is real, but the players can change it, we play a game yes , but we as players can play with strategy and ambition.that is why o play this game, the order are our enemys and we must do all for prevent that they attack or log the zone. but the most of the players just see gear and how do i get fast this gear, that is the reason why the going the easy mode, where are the players, that they know what strategy and ambition is. the players with this think, are very very rare. and that is sad, but i know, many players have tis think, we must play together

peterthepan3

Post#86 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:08 pm

Aquilon wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm
mogt wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm yeah that is right, because many players want going the easiest way, many players think, how i can get the maxium with doing minimize
Exactly. Because this is natural and absolutely right thing to do. Not to waste precious time of one life we have.

Welcome to reality.
The concept of working for your rewards is an integral part of MMOs, and people should work towards getting what they want, with even a modicum of effort on their part.

Welcome to MMOs.

Darks63

Post#87 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Aquilon wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Welcome to reality.
I dont think this is true of everyone though. If games had no challenge they would quickly get boring.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

anarchypark

Post#88 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:38 pm

lefze wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:59 pm
In theory, but it's not played even remotely like that, and that is the whole point. If BOs are there for a pactical purpose, don't make it so blatantly abuseable as it is now. BOs have no purpose for the majority of a zone, people still camp on them for hours on end, and it is easy to prove aswell.

Edit: Players fault that they AFK, systems fault that it's designed in a way that enables them to. Ticks should be removed completely.

that's sad part. no tick = no BO = only zerg.
tick is not reward for afks.

sometimes you have to sit at BO and wait enemies to come.
it's reward for playing campaign and not zerging.

somebody not want to fight is their problem.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#89 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:49 pm

@Lefze @ Anarchypark : I read your concerns and suggestions. I hope you undersantd how difficult it can be to find the perfect solution.

Anyone can point original or previous RvR versions, but i'm able to argument why all were problematic too.

I can't code myself things and i depend from time and devs to. But when possible we will try and test new solutions.

Dajciekrwi

Post#90 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 am

anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:38 pm
lefze wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:59 pm

that's sad part. no tick = no BO = only zerg.
tick is not reward for afks.

sometimes you have to sit at BO and wait enemies to come.
it's reward for playing campaign and not zerging.

somebody not want to fight is their problem.
Hello, argument about BO as zerg remover is strongly opposed to my whole experience with RoR experience. In fact Bo are very usefull to blobing players in to zergs. Simpy- Bo are most visible battlefield point, where y can meet other realmbuddies.
And this waiting one place for fight killing any other battle tactics, just bull vs bull , head vs head, horn vs horn, winner is - bigger bull. :D