Recent Topics

Ads

The healing debate

Let's talk about... everything else
Aebel

The healing debate

Post#1 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:09 pm

So I've heard it said that Order healers always have the advantage over Destro when it comes to actual healing power. I've also heard it wasn't true. What is your guy's take on this statement, and if you think one is better than the other then why?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: The healing debate

Post#2 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 pm

Better players heal more. That's all you have to know. :)
Dying is no option.

dansari

Post#3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:14 pm

No. dok/WP heal about the same. Zeal/RP heal about the same. AM has more stationary healing than sham. Sham has more mobile healing than AM. That's about it.
<Salt Factory>

adamthelc

Post#4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:01 am

The core of all healer mirrors are close enough that any small differences are largely irrelevant compared to other things.

If you pick any healer and get very good with that healer, you shouldn't be outclassed by any other healer, at least when it comes to straight healing. Survivability, mobility and utility might not be the same.

But generally the individual players skill, group skill and group makeup make much more of a difference than a classes ability to heal. Oh and gear, level, spec and that type of thing.

Tesq

Post#5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:05 am

...wrong....order healers will heal more because kobs have 2 tactics(crits and % increase) which stacks both with other stuff (rp heal increase) and increase whole groups heals..

Well wp can also slot a +20% heal more tactic on parry that should not be even there....

Yes destru may have other things still about raw heals order gona have more of it

So yes in order of "potenciality"of raw heal output with right tactics

-Wp ( can stack ALL the above heal increase source)
-Rune ( better kite potential and anti kd tactic)
-Zealot/dok (more or less)
-Am/Sham ( more or less)

Nameless

Post#6 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:01 am

Actually healers on order side got better ap managment skills/tactics such as wild healing on am and rp ritual on skill activation. These tools do make difference at equal prolonged fights but as other said players skill and group compusition is much more relevant
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Luuca

Post#7 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:45 pm

I would argue that the Shaman is a better healer than AM in so much as the Shaman has mobility tactics and can live through kiting. The AM only has the 60 second M1 Bubble on 60 second cooldown as protection. No mobility or auto-detaunt tactics.

Oh wait...

Dabbart

Post#8 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 pm

I've played every healer except for DoK to 40/45 or higher. Every healer plays differently.

The RP is tankier than the Z depending on tactics. RP has the best anti-kd/stagger tactic in the game. Both have amazing survival tools. The RP has the better AP ritual, but the Z has WoI. Healing wise, they are equal. I prefered the Z.

Sham/AM are both kitey, with the Sham being a better kiter and the AM having better AP management and heal burst potential. As a straight healer the AM is far superior. For shenanigans and morale the Sham has more potential. I prefer the AM, I feel gimped as an actual healer on Sham.

DoK/WP seem to function nearly identical as backline healers. Super tanky, best Detaunt in the game, best cleanse in the game. Only played WP personally, but WP was my Live main.

Other than a few abilities and tactics, these classes in heal mode are nearly identical. Neither side has any serious Healing advantage. But this is a Group Balanced game, so when taken in specific group compositions, yes. Order technically has better Healing potential, but Destro has better morale/shenanigans. But if you mix up the classes and tactics, things change. That's what is great about this game...

p.s. I <3 Luuca's continued salt :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#9 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:48 am

Dabbart wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 pmOther than a few abilities and tactics, these classes in heal mode are nearly identical. Neither side has any serious Healing advantage. But this is a Group Balanced game, so when taken in specific group compositions, yes. Order technically has better Healing potential, but Destro has better morale/shenanigans. But if you mix up the classes and tactics, things change. That's what is great about this game...
The classes are more or less identical, but the interactions with each other makes order side a lot better. The morale stuff on destro side you are talking about mostly got nerfed to ****, while order didn't suffer any meanigful nerfs. In fact order got some stuff that is well... questionable at the best.
I mean a chosen throwing a M4 every 50sec is way worse then a WP potentially pumping out 160% healing right?
We played premades on both sides and we always laughed on how ez to play order was.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Nameless

Post#10 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am

When taking into account other classes is pretty good to point mara and choppa pulls that nullify positioning and kitting quite severely. And without rd that hits orders healers quite hard
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz