Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling PVE or PVP

Let's talk about... everything else
gerald21

Leveling PVE or PVP

Post#1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Heya guys

I'm new to the game here, and when I was in Nordland and ask the Advice channel, they said it is better to level up via PVP.
While I mostly play PVE in MMOs I dont mind trying something new. So is it true that its best to lvl up via pvp?

Thanks!

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Leveling PVE or PVP

Post#2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 pm

gerald21 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm Heya guys

I'm new to the game here, and when I was in Nordland and ask the Advice channel, they said it is better to level up via PVP.
While I mostly play PVE in MMOs I dont mind trying something new. So is it true that its best to lvl up via pvp?
Thanks!
PvP leveling is not always the fastest but overall more enjoyable for anyone playing this game in the first place, I mean for an extensive PvE experience there are plenty other games. Having said this, the pve quests can be nice, when you want to experience the lore of Warhammer and don't mind a lot reading.

To succeed in pvp you need a lot training, so playing mostly pvp is advised, especially as a new player.
Dying is no option.

marisco

Post#3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Not necessarily. You gotta keep in mind that Warhammer Online has 2 "levels" that you strive to increase. The Rank is the traditional level of other mmo's and the Renown Rank is something similar to a pvp prestige system, in which it grants you abilites and passive buffs.

You can level via PvE only, doing quests and public quests but that only increases your Rank. Most people try to find a balance between Rank and Renown Rank and doing PvP (called RvR here) increases both.

Nothing is mandatory, however, and you can chose to level how you see fit. Some people reach the Rank cap first to then think about leveling up the Renown Rank, although doing this puts you in a big disadvantage when fighting other people since you won't have the passive buffs.

Others strive to reach highest renown they can before reaching the rank cap. Since you can have up to the double of your rank in renown, you can reach the level cap of 40 with 70ish something renown.

In the end, its your option.

Ramasee

Post#4 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Quest to level 2 (simply because it takes 1min). Queue for scenarios (probably will not pop, but sometimes do), run to your warcamp. Enter the RvR lake(s). Do not leave until level 16. Try to gain as much renown points as you can before level 16. You are aiming for at least renown rank 20, but that shouldn't be too hard. During this time, you can buy gear from vendors or turn tokens in plus influence rewards.

From level 16-30 queue scenarios. Play all scenarios you can unless your realm in constantly losing 500 - 0. In between queue waits, simply kill melee only PQs that are your your level to 1/2 levels lower than you. 20 points placed into reflexes (parry) will make this easier as well. Fill chapter influences for gear and fill in the remainder with gear purchased grom capital city vendors. If you are lucky with scenario wins, you might be able to buy scenario token gear.

Level 31 stop queues since you are less likely to win (you basically have to be carried). Do ruin farming with a group if you can find one. Or level by spamming through EASY PQs and between the bags and tokens you should have full ruin by 35/36. Epic Quests usually open at 36, but are hard to solo until 38 for some classes. Groups make it easier.

36+ you should unlock ALL of the tome jewelry, even if you think you might not use it. After you have ruin gear/epic quest weapon/tome jewelry you can queue for scenarios again while killing pve mobs. (it will be mostly scenarios during EU prime). You can also do beastlord run if you find the group.

If you follow this, you will hit career rank 40 with a renown rank of 28 - 45 and you will have quasi decent starting gear for ORvR.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#5 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:08 am

I've actually enjoyed playing in a 6 man being low level, as it's satisfying getting tons of kills on high rr players while having few abilities but a huge bolster. Best way to level in ror is to have a few characters, surf the rested xp, play the archetype your group needs at the time and pve to get BiS gear for your level.

Wdova

Post#6 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 am

In WHO:AOR I level all of my characters 1-40 thru PvP. Now, when tiers are merged(still think this was the best idea according to current state of the game), leveling in oRvR is not rewarding if you want to level up reasonably fast. Best way for me is/was doing Orvr until you get bored of low expirience progres, than jump in scenarios and killing mobs in PvE. Since game is mainly PvP oriented, You need to gain expirience in PvP to be able to compete with more expirienced players. I strongly recommend to avoid PvE leveling only, because You wont be able to equip bis items for your level (which are mostly PvP gear which require renown rank) not to mention lack of PvP expirience which is crucial in this game.

As was stated above. In T1 you can progress lvl 1 - lvl 16 just doing scenarios and orvr(pure PvP)
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Sulorie

Post#7 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:54 am

When your realm is underdog, play rvr. No matter the rank. If not, queue for sc, rvr or pve, albeit pve isn't where you should spend most of your time, unless you have a character just for farming, while your other characters gather rested bonus.
Dying is no option.

Needabeer

Post#8 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:20 am

If only SC's popped mid tier during aussie prime time....

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Needabeer wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:20 am If only SC's popped mid tier during aussie prime time....
Even during EU prime time only 1 sc is open at a time, because lowlvl pugs join warbands and refuse to queue for sc and then they complain about slow levelling speed.
Dying is no option.

facundo7777

Post#10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:56 pm

there is a problem with xp after 16. Few ours in wb on rvr grants around 70% of level while scs ar not poping. So in my opinion only way is farming mobs till 30+